The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

6 hours ago, stibbons said:

Seems to be a bug arising from the USI mod migration discussed here and here. You can try removing all of the USI mods you've installed by CKAN and try again. If it's still giving issues then I'd suggest continuing to follow Roverdude's advice and manage them manually for a little while longer.

EDIT: Oh, and 'ckan update' just refers to running ckan in commandline mode. That just refreshes the ckan cache as you've already done.

Thanks. Makes sense.  I've been struggling with the USI mods for a couple of weeks so I'm going to install manually for the time being.

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I ran into this.  Deleting all mods from Roverdude in CKAN, then going in and deleting those directories (to be sure you get everything), and then installing works.

So I'm clear -  reinstall via CKAN or manually?

I've had a few mods give me errors like this while trying to install them.

4o3vNaS.png  pEA21Bl.png

I'm not sure if the problem is on their end or if it's an issue with CKAN.   It might also have to do with the fact that I can't access KerbalStuff.com right now... Actually that makes a lot of sense.  I'm guessing the problem will be fixed when the site comes back online?

14 minutes ago, PTNLemay said:

I've had a few mods give me errors like this while trying to install them.

4o3vNaS.png  pEA21Bl.png

I'm not sure if the problem is on their end or if it's an issue with CKAN.   It might also have to do with the fact that I can't access KerbalStuff.com right now... Actually that makes a lot of sense.  I'm guessing the problem will be fixed when the site comes back online?

That's a kerbalstuff problem.

Looks like it is down right now  (6:50 PM est)

I just came here to thank the CKAN team for all of their work. I just came back to KSP after a longer hiatus, and it has never been easier to get my old mod collection up and running again. Thank you so much for this wonderful tool!

Sorry for anyone who has problems with downloading mods via CKAN. There are some problems with KerbalStuff which causes our bot to be unable to update mods or even to download them.

This is not a problem we can fix on our side, since this can only be fixed by the KerbalStuff team. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

Sorry for anyone who has problems with downloading mods via CKAN. There are some problems with KerbalStuff which causes our bot to be unable to update mods or even to download them.

This is not a problem we can fix on our side, since this can only be fixed by the KerbalStuff team. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not depend on KerbalStuff for every single download perhaps?

2 hours ago, BloodDusk said:

Not depend on KerbalStuff for every single download perhaps?

The method of distribution is entirely up to the mod author, not CKAN. The mod author can just as easily point the NetKAN metafile to GitHub or any other location. KerbalStuff simply automated the creation of the NetKAN metafiles, but often got them wrong in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Farix said:

The method of distribution is entirely up to the mod author, not CKAN. The mod author can just as easily point the NetKAN metafile to GitHub or any other location. KerbalStuff simply automated the creation of the NetKAN metafiles, but often got them wrong in the first place.

Well, some mods have multiple download links, but it seems that only KerbalStuff ones are used, which renders CKAN useless when KerbalStuff starts giving up, which is something that's been happening quite often these days.

Is there a way we could make CKAN use a list of mirrors instead of just one source package.

I find it annoying that if one of the download sites goes down a bunch of the mods can't be installed.

17 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

A lot of CKAN mods have been screwed up due to the recent shutdown of KerbalStuff, which in my opinion was a bad move by the owner.

And...If you read the owner's manifesto...SQUAD apparently was too cheap to spend 180 bucks/month to keep KS alive.

19 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

A lot of CKAN mods have been screwed up due to the recent shutdown of KerbalStuff, which in my opinion was a bad move by the owner.

i don't think so. he already said last december that he wasn't interested in the project anymore because of lacking support from the community and squad. everybody could have seen this coming.

38 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Yeh, he really should warn about this one month earlier. R.I.P 70% of CKAN and KerbalStuff ;( Hype kerbalstuff 2.0 ;D

28 minutes ago, SolidJuho said:

Yeh, he really should warn about this one month earlier. R.I.P 70% of CKAN and KerbalStuff ;( Hype kerbalstuff 2.0 ;D

Forget kerbalstuff 2.0.  By the time someone gets a decent site running, all the mods will be on Curse or Github

1 hour ago, BloodDusk said:

And...If you read the owner's manifesto...SQUAD apparently was too cheap to spend 180 bucks/month to keep KS alive.

That's because SQUAD officially uses Curse to host mods, which probably means they won't endorse other hosting websites.

2 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

That's because SQUAD officially uses Curse to host mods, which probably means they won't endorse other hosting websites.

Well, acording to @Red Iron Crown, the noted marketing company doesn't have to spend any money to host the mods on Curse.

Good old practice of making as much money as possible whilst spending the last amount of it to make it happen.

Edited by BloodDusk

5 minutes ago, BloodDusk said:

Well, acording to @Red Iron Crown, the noted marketing company doesn't have to spend any money to host the mods on Curse.

That's second hand information for me, it's what Rowsdower mentioned when the move was made. It strikes me as a good deal, a reliable, enterprise-grade host at zero cost.

5 minutes ago, BloodDusk said:

Good old practice of making as much money as possible whilst spending the last amount of it to make it happen.

Like every business ever.

I think shutting down Kerbalstuff was COMPLETELY WRONG by the owner. Kerbalstuff has many more mods than curse, and some mods are unique to KS as well. Now CKAN is also down, which leaves many players without access to their favorite mods. 

I have always used KerbalStuff over curse because it reminded me of the now defunct Spaceport. Ever since squad chose curse to store (half of) their mods, I never used their mod site and I never will. 

Maybe we can start Kerbalstuff 2 with the source code and the torrent...as a tribute to the now defunct Kerbalstuff.

1 hour ago, SolidJuho said:

So, how long i have to wait to until mods ckan works again? Do i have to wait until mod devs will fix it?

i would think so,if the modders dont have a mirror set up,then it would only recuire you to change the link in the ckan magic code of destiny