The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

2 minutes ago, jofwu said:

Got a question...

I installed a few mods manually because CKAN was presumably stuck with the old KerbalStuff link. If those mods are now working, and I check the box to have CKAN handle them, will it have any trouble? Should I delete the folder from the manual install before activating it with CKAN, or will CKAN be able to pick right up where I am and take over with updates?

You will have least issues if you delete entire folder from manualy installed mod by yourself before you do that trough CKAN.

Regarding my file hosting:

Having the files at the particular location is a temporary thing. i only want to move them to somewhere "nicer" when possible. So they wont be gone. we are also hard at work to build a real CDN. For now Bandwidth and traffic are no problem (theres max 75Mbit/s of the 1000Mbit/s the box has in use)

Edited by VITAS

Does anyone know how to figure out the right name of a mod file in the "CKAN\downloads" folder? (ie "D94F0FD5-FerramAerospaceResearch-3-0.15.5.7.zip") I mean the part that looks like CRC but not CRC.

Right now I have to manually edit CKAN's "registry.json" file and change kerbalstuff links for the mod that shows error in CKAN and change the to GitHub liks

2 hours ago, panourgue said:

Does anyone know how to figure out the right name of a mod file in the "CKAN\downloads" folder? (ie "D94F0FD5-FerramAerospaceResearch-3-0.15.5.7.zip") I mean the part that looks like CRC but not CRC.

Right now I have to manually edit CKAN's "registry.json" file and change kerbalstuff links for the mod that shows error in CKAN and change the to GitHub liks

Someone from CKAN staff should provide better answer, but I think it is not CRC. I belive it is md5 hash, but I'm not sure what it use for calculation. Once calculated, main archive file is renamed, so CKAN can better track down if it is valid mod file or not.

21 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Man, you write some nice clean code. Our perl code never looks like that over here. ;)

Thank you! Method::Signatures is an amazing module which I love very much. :)

2 hours ago, panourgue said:

It's a shortened SHA-1 of the URL, which means we can easily tell if we've downloaded something already or not. The easiest way to see it is with the `ckan show` command. For example, the output below shows details for a mod I don't have installed, but which CKAN is aware of. The filename is right down the bottom:

Spoiler

$ ckan.exe show TestFlight

TestFlight: Flight Testing of your space hardware in KSP!  Fly your parts to gain flight data and make them more reliable and less likely to fail.  THIS IS THE PLUGIN ONLY.  You will need a TestFlight Config pack in order for any parts to actually be controlled by TestFlight.

Module info:
- version:    1.4.0.2
- authors:    jwvanderbeck
- license:    CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

Depends:
- ModuleManager, min: 2.6.1
- TestFlightConfig

Provides:
- TestFlight

Resources:
- bugtracker: https://github.com/KSP-RO/TestFlight/issues
- homepage: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88187
- repository: https://github.com/KSP-RO/TestFlight

Filename: 3F0DD554-TestFlight-1.4.0.2.zip

CKAN only cares about the first eight characters of the file; the rest is politeness to humans. :)

In the future there's a good chance we'll move to more heavyweight digests of the file contents itself, which will make it easier to drop-in files downloaded separately, and for distributed/redundant download locations.

46 minutes ago, pjf said:

The easiest way to see it is with the `ckan show` command.

Nice! Thank you. Still a crutch but until kerbalstuff problem is gone it's better to put mods into CKAN just renaming manually downloaded files than editing CKAN's file with links.

It depends upon which mod you're trying to download, and what license it is released under. Free Licensed mods should mostly be working now, but restricted ones have to wait until they are manually pointed to a new source.

Hi all!

So I've been installing mods manually since Kerbalstuff went down, and it's all fine and well. My question is, and sorry if this is common knowledge: is it possible to get CKAN to recognize which mods I've installed manually? If so, how?

Or let me rephrase my question: I've tried installing a mod (don't remember which one) via CKAN which required a dependency (don't remember which one either). I had already installed the dependency, and CKAN detected that and refused to install the new mod. This means that CKAN detected which mods I have installed, right? If so, why is this mod unchecked in the CKAN list? For example, I installed Outer Planets Mod manually, but OPM's box is unchecked in the CKAN list. Is this how it should be?

1 hour ago, lexmkr said:

Hi all!

So I've been installing mods manually since Kerbalstuff went down, and it's all fine and well. My question is, and sorry if this is common knowledge: is it possible to get CKAN to recognize which mods I've installed manually? If so, how?

Or let me rephrase my question: I've tried installing a mod (don't remember which one) via CKAN which required a dependency (don't remember which one either). I had already installed the dependency, and CKAN detected that and refused to install the new mod. This means that CKAN detected which mods I have installed, right? If so, why is this mod unchecked in the CKAN list? For example, I installed Outer Planets Mod manually, but OPM's box is unchecked in the CKAN list. Is this how it should be?

running "ckan clean"  from the command line should find all the manually installed mods that CKAN knows about.

2 hours ago, politas said:

running "ckan clean"  from the command line should find all the manually installed mods that CKAN knows about.

Which command line are you talking about? Where do I have to write 'ckan clean'?

45 minutes ago, lexmkr said:

Windows 10

Ok, well I've never used Windows 10, but you ought to have a program called "Command Line" or some such in the menu under Accessories? That'll give you a window with what looks like an old DOS prompt. (Maybe that's not a meaningful term for you, though)

You'll need to change directories to where your KSP program is installed, then enter 

ckan clean

12 hours ago, Snark said:

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, politas said:

Ok, well I've never used Windows 10, but you ought to have a program called "Command Line" or some such in the menu under Accessories? That'll give you a window with what looks like an old DOS prompt. (Maybe that's not a meaningful term for you, though)

You'll need to change directories to where your KSP program is installed, then enter 

ckan clean

Well I entered ckan clean in the command line, changed my KSP directories, rerun ckan and now it has no boxes checked whatsoever...

my kerbal engineer redux mod is out of date but Ckan doesn't recognize that it is so..

i contacted the redux's dev and he said that it is a Ckan issue..

20 hours ago, cybutek said:

It should have updated a little after the update release.  CKAN should be looking at the GitHub releases and automatically polling that, then using the contained .version file for the meta-data.  If it isn't then either the NetKAN file is missing, something is wrong with the CKAN polling or what.  But nothing has changed at my end for CKAN releases.

15 hours ago, lexmkr said:

Thanks!

Well I entered ckan clean in the command line, changed my KSP directories, rerun ckan and now it has no boxes checked whatsoever...

Oh sorry, my bad, that was the wrong command try this one instead:

ckan scan

You can also run 

ckan help

for more information about the command line options, and see the user guide here.

7 hours ago, politas said:

Oh sorry, my bad, that was the wrong command try this one instead:

ckan scan

You can also run 

ckan help

for more information about the command line options, and see the user guide here.

Haha it's alright. I decided it'd be less of a problem to make a fresh install and use ckan to download (and manage) all the mods I had in my previous install - it seems most of the mods are back now :)

But thanks for the help anyway!

And yet again I am unable to install mods on 1.0.5 as they are only compatible up to KSP 1.0.4 yet run perfectly fine with the current version to the point that the mod owner has not updated their version file.

PLEASE can we get a `force install` button so we can install mods we know work fine?

That or can someone let me know how to fool CKAN into thinking the mod has a version file that allows it to be installed on 1.0.5?