The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

9 minutes ago, Table said:

I want Astrononer's Visual Pack on CKAN, I can't install it even after watching guides and everything, I'm sick of it. I NEED HELP D:

You're asking in the wrong place, and with the wrong tone.  The CKAN team isn't responsible for maintaining mods in a distributable form.  If the original author hasn't updated it and no one has taken up maintaining it, you're out of luck.

57 minutes ago, blowfish said:

You're asking in the wrong place, and with the wrong tone.  The CKAN team isn't responsible for maintaining mods in a distributable form.  If the original author hasn't updated it and no one has taken up maintaining it, you're out of luck.

crap.

2 hours ago, Table said:

crap.

I know just how you feel. I want Astronomer's Visual Pack on my KSP 1.0.5, too, but CKAN isn't the block. Can I recommend Stock Visual Enhancements as a temporary substitute? That's what I'm using.

1 hour ago, politas said:

I know just how you feel. I want Astronomer's Visual Pack on my KSP 1.0.5, too, but CKAN isn't the block. Can I recommend Stock Visual Enhancements as a temporary substitute? That's what I'm using.

I guess, but I want the music, and sandstorms, and the many features that only AVP has.

I'm stressed now lol

@politas How do I pull two different folders from the archive and install them? Or how do I omit installing a particular file?

looks like only one "install" command can be issued with only one path. I want to merge the following:

"install": [
        {
            "file"       : "GameData/KerbalHacks/AsphaltTiles",
            "install_to" : "GameData/KerbalHacks"
        }
    ],
        {
            "find"       : "GameData/KerbalHacks/Extras",
        }
    ]

Or omit installing the "GameData/KerbalHacks/License.txt"

2 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@politas How do I pull two different folders from the archive and install them? Or how do I omit installing a particular file?

looks like only one "install" command can be issued with only one path. I want to merge the following:

{
        }
    ],
        {
        }
    ]

Or omit installing the "GameData/KerbalHacks/License.txt"

Like this:

{
        },
        {
        }
    ]

Or you could do this:

{
            "file"       : "GameData/KerbalHacks",
            "install_to" : "GameData",
            "filter" : "License.txt"
        }
    ],

Edited by politas
Other option.

Another option would be to give the Extras a separate NetKAN, that depends on AsphaltTiles and adds the Extras folder, so users can choose to use it or not. Actually, I think you say in your description that the Extras parts don't actually require the base mod, so just a "recommends".

2 minutes ago, politas said:

Another option would be to give the Extras a separate NetKAN, that depends on AsphaltTiles and adds the Extras folder, so users can choose to use it or not. Actually, I think you say in your description that the Extras parts don't actually require the base mod, so just a "recommends".

Good idea.

1 hour ago, Ixenzo said:

Is there a way to unflag AD mods so I could update them via CKAN, provided they're compatible, without having to completely reinstall them?

Unfortunately no and it seems unlikely to change. You will have to delete the folder and reinstall with CKAN.

So, KSP 1.1 Prerelease is out. CKAN's policy has always been that we do not support pre-releases of mods, because we want to make every effort to present a stable system. KSP 1.1 Prerelease is not a stable system. It can't be. If you've upgraded your Steam KSP to the 1.1 prerelease, mods are going to be broken. Most of them. I can't speak for the whole team, but my initial reaction is to say that CKAN is not useful for the prerelease, and like all KSP releases, even 1.1 full release is going to be pretty dodgy for some time.

However, some mod makers are frantically getting 1.1 compatible versions released. So for those users who aren't jumping on the instability bandwagon, my advice would be to put CKAN down and foget about upgrading your mods for a while, unless something is broken. There's a high chance that some mods are going to be patched up to 1.1 without CKAN realising it. be very careful of upgrades!

2 hours ago, rhaak said:

There are allready 1.1 mods listed in CKAN, so it would be great if CKAN could recognize a 1.1 installation of KSP.

Would it not be possible for CKAN to recognize both systems?  Also, is it safe to assume that currently mods listed as "All versions" are not in fact all versions when including 1.1 pre-release?

I have two mods (graphical memory monitor and community resource pack) which are wanting to overwrite my 1.0.5 versions with 1.1 versions already.

I can see a shizzlestorm coming in the next couple of weeks because of things like this.

27 minutes ago, artemisrain said:

Would it not be possible for CKAN to recognize both systems?  Also, is it safe to assume that currently mods listed as "All versions" are not in fact all versions when including 1.1 pre-release?

"All versions" mods should be ok. We only put that on really simple stuff like flags.

Should the 1.1 mods not just show up as incompatible? I always saw the version checking on CKAN as a rather robust thing.

EDIT :

3 hours ago, politas said:

some mod makers are frantically getting 1.1 compatible versions released. So for those users who aren't jumping on the instability bandwagon, my advice would be to put CKAN down and forget about upgrading your mods for a while, unless something is broken. There's a high chance that some mods are going to be patched up to 1.1 without CKAN realising it. be very careful of upgrades!

Didn`t spot this before I posted, guess I`ll put down the CKAN and back away from the updates.

Edited by John FX

1 hour ago, politas said:

They should be incompatible, yes. Unless they have a .version file which says they are compatible with earlier versions, like Community Resource Pack does. 

Then graphical memory monitor should have it`s .version file looked at for one, it will not work with 1.0.5 (confirmed in the mod thread) but CKAN thinks it is compatible.

1 minute ago, NecroBones said:

The pre-release 1.1 still says "1.0.5" in the readme, so it looks like the CKAN client still thinks it's a 1.0.5 release.

That should be reported and fixed from SQUAD side. They even can call it 1.0.9 version or something like that.
That could alsom make CKAN friendly for mods made for pre-release version too.