The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

I'm trying to reinstall Stock Visual Enhancements (SVE) with CKAN, but I only get a line instead of the box that lets me tick and install the mod. Version 1.1.0 is listed as "Max KSP version" and for the textures 1.0.5. Maybe that's why it won't let me reinstall the mod.

Nhawks17, creator of SVE, said:

The CKAN stuff should be fixed, the people maintaining the SVE CKAN stuff said they did a week or so ago. I will not be updating the CKAN stuff myself so if it never gets fixed it never gets fixed :/ 

Similar problem with EVE. Hope there is a fix soon. I would hate to install everything again manually and then reinstall with CKAN later. Thanks in advance!

LE: I'm using KSP Steam version, up-to-date, so version 1.1.2

Edited by Sheppard

4 hours ago, Athlonic said:

Ok, thanks guys.

I updated the AVC remote data to be KSP 1.1.2 and KSP MIN kept at 1.1.0, KSP MAX "blank" just to see what's happening.

Let me know if it works :wink:

Most likely not as long as you don't update the version itself as well to 0.9.9.

On SpaceDock the download is still "Chatterer-0.9.8.zip" and CKAN sees no updated version.

CurseForge also reports the file to be 0.9.8 from April 19th.

Edited by Tekener

23 minutes ago, Sheppard said:

I'm trying to reinstall Stock Visual Enhancements (SVE) with CKAN, but I only get a line instead of the box that lets me tick and install the mod. Version 1.1.0 is listed as "Max KSP version" and for the textures 1.0.5. Maybe that's why it won't let me reinstall the mod.

Look at the git hub entry SVE. Is is it Pre-release ?

CKAN will not index it if this is true and set as primary site. Thread is marked WIP too I think.

KerbalKrashSystem is on v0.3.3 on CurseForge. Could it get updated in CKAN, as it still reports 0.3.2?
The 0.3.3 update is important to work correctly with KIS/KAS, fixing the Kerbal cloning bug.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tekener said:

KerbalKrashSystem is on v0.3.3 on CurseForge. Could it get updated in CKAN, as it still reports 0.3.2?
The 0.3.3 update is important to work correctly with KIS/KAS, fixing the Kerbal cloning bug.

Thanks!

Your are awesome ! 

Thank you so much. Here is the snag with Curse.com. It is very complicated and trying to index it is a bit of a problem. Even people inside curse have tried to help with this one. So what happens is every change on Curse.com needs to be manually entered into CKAN. To do this it needs posted to the issue tracker (Which has been done here). Then some very generous person has to fix the issue. Although programmers can jump in there with a PR as well if they want to.

However it all starts with someone who notices a problem. That makes you Sir. Totally fantastic for noticing the change :D

Everytime I try to run something it says this. I have no idea what's going on, so please try to help me guys :)

" Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore his error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the aplication will close immediately.

Exception of type 'CKAN,InconsistentKraken' was thrown. ~~ 

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
The following inconsistencies were found:
CryoEngines requires BDAnimationModules but nothing provides it
 * MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem requires BDAnimationModules but nothing provides it
 * KerbalAtomics requires DeployableEngines but nothing provides it
 * OuterPlanetsMod conflicts with RealSolarSystem.   at CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)
   at CKAN.RegistryManager.Save(Boolean enforce_consistency, Boolean recommmends, Boolean with_versions)
   at CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo()
   at CKAN.Main.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KHOI/Downloads/ckan%20(2).exe
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

18 minutes ago, Table said:

OuterPlanetsMod conflicts with RealSolarSystem

You have conflicting mods installed, for some unfathomable reason CKAN barfs on this so you'll have to remove one of them manually.
Why this should crash the client is quite mind-boggling.

6 minutes ago, steve_v said:

You have conflicting mods installed, for some unfathomable reason CKAN barfs on this so you'll have to remove one of them manually.
Why this should crash the client is quite mind-boggling.

What's mind boggling about this is that I don't have MK IV installed, I don't have OPM installed too! ALSO I DONT HAVE KERBAL ATOMICS OR DEPLOYABLE ENGINES

I have no idea what the hell is going on actually. Because I have none of these mods installed except for RSS.

43 minutes ago, Table said:

I have no idea what the hell is going on actually. Because I have none of these mods installed except for RSS.

CKAN has a nasty habit of leaving junk (e.g. empty directories) lying about in GameData, if you're certain you don't have those installed you might try checking for leftovers, ensuring CKAN is looking at the right KSP install (if you have multiple) then running "ckan.exe scan" to update the installed list.
Further than that and you'll have to wait for someone who actually uses this thing... I gave up on CKAN long ago for reasons just like this.

7 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Ok now I see what you mean. As side note look what version downloads from space dock and the compare that to the entry in Github. Is Spacedock out of date? 

I'm crying foul here.  If I update the max version on cybutek, then avc stops reporting my mod as being out of date.  This is good, since it means that if I find my mod is compatible with a later version of ksp, then my users do not need to update just for the sake of a new .version file.  Nor do I have to supply a separate "patch" of just the .version file.  CKAN should be making the same check against whatever url is given for the .version master (usually cybutek, but not always).

30 minutes ago, steve_v said:

CKAN has a nasty habit of leaving junk (e.g. empty directories) lying about in GameData, if you're certain you don't have those installed you might try checking for leftovers, ensuring CKAN is looking at the right KSP install (if you have multiple) then running "ckan.exe scan" to update the installed list.
Further than that and you'll have to wait for someone who actually uses this thing... I gave up on CKAN long ago for reasons just like this.

I barely use it too, I only use it to download mods that are hard to install.

15 minutes ago, tg626 said:

I'm crying foul here.  If I update the max version on cybutek, then avc stops reporting my mod as being out of date.  This is good, since it means that if I find my mod is compatible with a later version of ksp, then my users do not need to update just for the sake of a new .version file.  Nor do I have to supply a separate "patch" of just the .version file.  CKAN should be making the same check against whatever url is given for the .version master (usually cybutek, but not always).

File name Docking_Port_Sound_FX-1.0.2.zip via space dock 

or

File name DPSoundFX_2.1.1.zip via Github

Which is most up to date was what I was asking ?

8 minutes ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

File name Docking_Port_Sound_FX-1.0.2.zip via space dock 

or

File name DPSoundFX_2.1.1.zip via Github

Which is most up to date was what I was asking ?

Github is the master, spacedock the mirror.  I have no idea how the **** the version on spacedock went to 1.0.2

Honestly, it may be me, but I have a real hateful relationship for the system on spacedock.  Takes me forever to change things and get what I want, and obviously either it or I messed up the version number... so weird since I didn't have these troubles with kerbalstuff and it's practically the same system...

Just now, tg626 said:

Github is the master, spacedock the mirror.  I have no idea how the **** the version on spacedock went to 1.0.2

Honestly, it may be me, but I have a real hateful relationship for the system on spacedock.  Takes me forever to change things and get what I want, and obviously either it or I messed up the version number... so weird since I didn't have these troubles with kerbalstuff and it's practically the same system...

The file number 1.0.2  on spacedock contains version 2.1.1. I think it actually looks correct to me on the inside. It just the file name that looks odd. Really sorry if I am making a mistake here.

It is all ok. We can make this better for you. If you want CKAN to point to the master on GitHub it can be made to do that. That will save the hassle of dealing with Spacedock. You honestly don't have to do any more work. The CKAN guys can redirect to the primary download for you if that is what you want ?

Please.  Push comes to shove I consider github to be the "more likely to be around in X years" host.  I opened an account there after kerbalstuff disappeared "overnight" (to me at least, I was away from the community at the time) because that event made me skiddish of any community sponsored mod host as my only online hosting, as KS had been.

EDIT: Since it's been brought up here, the error in version numbers has been addressed on Spaceport.info - however GitHub should be considered the Master site of, and superior source for, my mods.

Edited by tg626

20 hours ago, Athlonic said:

Can anybody point me out why CKAN flag Chatterer as not compatible with KSP 1.1.2 ? Despite I've never said so.

And what can I do to make it work ? I remember a feature to force installation of mods in CKAN was asked in the past, isn't it in yet ?

thx.

Hi Athlonic. I'm not sure why the bot hasn't picked up the changed metadata on Chatterer, but I've submitted a change that should get it appearing again. 

The easiest way to force CKAN to see a change in your metadata is to push a new release onto Spacedock. That will make CKAN update immediately, now that we have a push notification system from Spacedock thanks to @godarklight

We aren't currently using the avc .version file on Chatterer, but I can fix that.

Edited by politas

Does it get "pinged" by simply updating the compatible version?  Where you update the mod but DON'T upload a new file.  That does generate an email telling followers that "(author) has certified (modname) is compatible with KSP (versionnumber)" or words to that effect.

EDIT: Also, see if you can get Spacedock to post some linkage to CKAN's docs or this thread so those of us who don't use it have some idea of how it all works.  Right now that "List this mod on CKAN?" checkbox is a bit opaque.

Edited by tg626

7 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Look at the git hub entry SVE. Is is it Pre-release ?

CKAN will not index it if this is true and set as primary site. Thread is marked WIP too I think.

CKAN does not use the SVE github for this very reason. There has never been a release of SVE on Github, only pre-releases. CKAN uses the Spacedock release, which has not been updated from its original 1.1 KSP version, which CKAN translates to 1.1.0. I'll open up the version compatibility for all 1.1 releases.

A few things.  First, I'm using CKAN v1.16.1 in Windows 7 64-bit.  I ran across what I'm guessing is either a packaging error or a full blown inter-mod conflict (see below).  CKAN seems to be attempting to output some useful error log data, but I'm reminded that Unix / Linux uses different carriage returns than Windows recognizes.  Of course, I can cut and paste the output through Windows Wordpad before then re-cutting and re-pasting here (attempting to go straight into my browser text entry window here results in ONLY the first line being pasted and everything else from the clipboard lost.)  So, feature request: could the CKAN error output be converted to a different linebreak notation that would be friendlier to Windows output screens?  I know that when I look at Windows-generated text files in Linux there's no issue, only when looking at Linux-generated text in Windows.

Second, please behold the following error output:

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File           : GameData/KerbalHacks/PP_Textures/PPVensTankEnds.dds
Installing Mod : HazardTanksTextures 1.0
Owning Mod     : VensStylePPTextures
CKAN Version   : v1.16.1-0-g2e91715 (beta)

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

I have no GitHub login credentials, so in lieu of reporting it there I hope to report it here.

I have performed some sleuthing, and I have some insight.  Looking through the CKAN\downloads cache, I note that filename B112DD5E-VensStylePPTextures-1.1.zip is previously installed from a prior pass.  The current attempt to install from filename A89D9252-HazardTanksTextures-1.0.zip is generating the error.

GameData\KerbalHacks already exists from VensStylePPTextures, and contains filename PPVensTankEnds.dds for 342kb.  The zipfile's GameData\KerbalHacks is attempting to overwrite this with the same filename, sized 284kb, with a last-modified datestamp inside the zipfile of March 20 of this year, identical to the internal datestamp of the larger file from the previously-installed zipfile.

I asked the mod author here any advice for manual installers, but my message here is to alert you of what I gather is a one-or-the-other mod conflict between the two.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

I asked the mod author here any advice for manual installers, but my message here is to alert you of what I gather is a one-or-the-other mod conflict between the two.  Thanks.

They do conflict by sharing a file. HazardTanks contains PPVensTankEnds.dds. It has been noted and a workaround is progress. 

Just now, nobodyhasthis2 said:

They do conflict by sharing a file. HazardTanks contains PPVensTankEnds.dds. It has been noted and a workaround is progress. 

And the matter of marking them as conflicting with each other in CKAN, as a temporary measure?  Or is that a nuclear option, due to whatever would be involved in removing the conflict-flag at a later time once a fix has been developed?

I'd like to report a download issue with the Final Frontier update that just pushed within the last hour or two.  CKAN is attempting to pull from Spacedock, ...download/1.0.8-2319, whereas the correct version number is a single digit off at /1.0.7-2319.  The Spacedock listing itself is correct as a manual download is successful, so I'm thinking this is a netKAN issue.

Feature request -- could you make a button on the CKAN interface to bring someone to this forum thread directly?

Also -- "covenantcapitalship" mod only has metadata pointing to a Kerbalstuff link and a username "amankduffers," which doesn't appear to exist on the forums.

Also, mod "CraftHistory" has a forum thread not listed in the metadata.