The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

42 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Feature request -- could you make a button on the CKAN interface to bring someone to this forum thread directly?

You mean like the Forum Thread link in the Help - About?

Also -- "covenantcapitalship" mod only has metadata pointing to a Kerbalstuff link and a username "amankduffers," which doesn't appear to exist on the forums.

Yes, that mod author hasn't recovered a lot of mods that used to be on Kerbalstuff. Thanks for the headsup, though, I'll remove the broken link. We do have a mirror of that, so it's still available for KSP 1.0.5, but there's no sign of a new version, yet. The mod author's Forum name is @amankd, and his/her primary focus is on wheel mods, which are probably going to require a lot of work to fix with all the Unity5/KSP1.1 wheel collider changes.

Also, mod "CraftHistory" has a forum thread not listed in the metadata.

That one has author-hosted metadata. I'll submit a change for it. Thanks for the heads-up!

56 minutes ago, politas said:

You mean like the Forum Thread link in the Help - About?

Heh.  Yeah, exactly like that.

Anywho, I'm going through my list of mods that I'd installed or was keeping my eye on for v1.0.5 to see how they're doing for v1.1.2.  It's rather tedious, but I'm finding a lot of info, and links to other mods I wasn't aware of.  One, an add-on set of skins for Aviation Lights, is listed on Spacedock but is not indexed here.  Think it would fit in well here?

Hokay.  My notes are a lot more detailed than I thought from back in my v1.0.5 days.  I'm finding a lot of metadata mismatches, typos in homepages, and a lot of other stuff.  What's the best way for me to contribute some feedback over an extended period of time across numerous dozens of mods that I'm manually cataloging and indexing?  Here, GitHub, somewhere else?

9 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Anywho, I'm going through my list of mods that I'd installed or was keeping my eye on for v1.0.5 to see how they're doing for v1.1.2.  It's rather tedious, but I'm finding a lot of info, and links to other mods I wasn't aware of.  One, an add-on set of skins for Aviation Lights, is listed on Spacedock but is not indexed here.  Think it would fit in well here?

DeadSkins should be added soon (and AviationLights is moving to the new unofficial maintainer's GitHub, so it will become 1.1.2 compatible, too.)

6 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Hokay.  My notes are a lot more detailed than I thought from back in my v1.0.5 days.  I'm finding a lot of metadata mismatches, typos in homepages, and a lot of other stuff.  What's the best way for me to contribute some feedback over an extended period of time across numerous dozens of mods that I'm manually cataloging and indexing?  Here, GitHub, somewhere else?

If you have the time to make an account on GitHub and start submitting changes via Pull Requests, we'd love you to bits! You'll get plenty of assistance to get the code sorted out, so don't worry too much about getting everything perfect straight away.

3 hours ago, politas said:

If you have the time to make an account on GitHub and start submitting changes via Pull Requests, we'd love you to bits! You'll get plenty of assistance to get the code sorted out, so don't worry too much about getting everything perfect straight away.

Apparently I made a GH username a while ago, "MisterFister2016" but haven't used it.  Full disclosure, while I consider myself a quick study, my last coding experience was in high school with BASIC and vBASIC.  I'm compiling a personal spreadsheet of ... well, long story short, a lot of mods, and I'm just chewing through it in some sort of loose alphabetical format to get my final spreadsheet formatted the way I like.  I think I'll have three-hundred-fifty-plus mods listed just from what I've been exposed to through CKAN, and I estimate another fifty or so from non-CKAN sources, but at this time I'm about twenty-ish percent of the way through my CKAN-sourced data.  One specific piece of data I'm making a special column for, of course, is each mod's forum thread, which is what's leading me to all of these items that I'm notifying you guys of.

And to be clear, this is a personal project and nothing I set out to do "for" CKAN, but like you obviously realize, some of this data would be useful to CKAN anyway.

If someone could PM me here on the forums (I'm not in the habit of checking my GH account, yet) with some info on how to get started, preferably with some indication as to when they'd be online live for some real-time assistance with my basic noob-level questions, that'd be awesome.  I'm in New York, my time zone is UTC -05:00, and my best availability is afternoons and evenings but other times can work too.

To be clear, once I get through my personal project (a project that I estimate will generate CKAN-useful data on at least several dozen mods, assuming the frequency I've seen so far is representative of what I can expect, plus potential data on those non-CKAN-sourced mods I mentioned) I'll be freed up (and, by that point, somewhat experienced -- I hope :( ) to be able to help in other capacities.

On 09.05.2016 at 8:25 AM, politas said:

CKAN does not use the SVE github for this very reason. There has never been a release of SVE on Github, only pre-releases. CKAN uses the Spacedock release, which has not been updated from its original 1.1 KSP version, which CKAN translates to 1.1.0. I'll open up the version compatibility for all 1.1 releases.

Thank you very much! I'll wait for this fix then.

2 hours ago, RA3236 said:

NB: if you get a note from SpaceDock that asks to add Larinax Solar System (or if it is already on there) can someone remove it?

I accidently clicked the wrong button :( 

Done.

26 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Can you guys please update Ven stock part revamp. Thanks

https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/releases/tag/v1.9.2

Thanks to @NathanKell's forward thinking, it was already updated.

35 minutes ago, Warp11 said:

Is there a way to make CKAN install mods that are for 1.1.0 but probably work for 1.1.2? That would be great, thx.

Edit KSP version in readme.txt to whatever version you need. CKAN pulls out the number from this file and lists mods compatible with that version. Once done, restore the version number.

43 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

Edit KSP version in readme.txt to whatever version you need. CKAN pulls out the number from this file and lists mods compatible with that version. Once done, restore the version number.

Thank you

3 hours ago, politas said:

Ah, one of its dependencies needed fixing. Should be good now.

@politas

Got an odd interaction after last change. Surface Experiment Pack when ticked does not light apply changes button. On mouse over of tick box it reports conflict with USI Sounding rockets. Which is odd because the dependency that it is looking for is DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric which has nothing to do with Sounding rockets.

I am sure it will auto select the dependency but without the illuminated light apply changes button. I can't test this further. 

Should I raise an issue or is there something that I missing? 

EDIT: Confirmed that if this is selected with another mod if will red highlight. Which is good. It all looks like a genuine conflict warning.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

7 hours ago, Onesmallstep said:

And what do i need to do now when i double click it does nothing.

Unfortunently, the only way to start it up is through the Terminal, which is under Applications>Utilities folder, if you have never had to use it.

Then type in:

mono $path/ckan.exe

So, since CKAN should be in your KSP folder, assuming that you have not changed the name of the folder and it is in your Applications folder, it should be:

mono /Applications/KSP_osx/ckan.exe

It should start up after that.  The interface can be a bit wonky at times, and it looks like Windows, but it does work.

@pjf and whoever else is working on this. I had an idea that resurfaced again. I like to go back and forth between modded and stock when playing ksp, and usually I do this by keeping backups of the game folder, swapping them out when I want to play stock, or a specific combo of mods. However this is really time consuming (has taken up to 2 hours to move folder out and in), so I thought of this.

What about having a profiler tab so that you can create, select and edit a profile, and load a profile.
You could name it, select and manage the mods for that one, then load it. if the mods are already cached, it will just do whatever it does to say that mod isn't in use. A stock profile would be there no matter what, as well as an auto-saved profile, to save whatever mod configuration you had last.

Also, a way to add non-indexed mods to the cache and being able to load/unload them would be cool. not sure if you can do this already, but just another idea.

Edited by Gnoyze
I cant spell

1 hour ago, Gnoyze said:

@pjf and whoever else is working on this. I had an idea that resurfaced again. I like to go back and forth between modded and stock when playing ksp, and usually I do this by keeping backups of the game folder, swapping them out when I want to play stock, or a specific combo of mods. However this is really time consuming (has taken up to 2 hours to move folder out and in), so I thought of this.

What about having a profiler tab so that you can create, select and edit a profile, and load a profile.
You could name it, select and manage the mods for that one, then load it. if the mods are already cached, it will just do whatever it does to say that mod isn't in use. A stock profile would be there no matter what, as well as an auto-saved profile, to save whatever mod configuration you had last.

Also, a way to add non-indexed mods to the cache and being able to load/unload them would be cool. not sure if you can do this already, but just another idea.

With the way that KSP is set up for Mods, I do not think that you could do that easily, at least using an external program.  You might have an easier time asking for Mod Manager to add that functionality, or even get Squad to build it in.

For right now, your best bet may be to just have a stock KSP set up in a separate folder.  When you want to play stock, you open the clean version.  When you want to play with mods, you open the other.  You will have to have a version of the game (each with it's own CKAN) for each "profile", but it would be quicker then what you are currently doing.  That is what I currently have.

When installing Stock Visual Enhancements, it installs by default the low resolution version. You can't choose from the other versions, since they don't have their KSP version number updated.