The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

3 hours ago, phoenix_ca said:

If you're up for it you can make pull requests to update the .netkan files themselves on the GitHub repo. If you're only editing one file it's very simple to do this through the web interface.

Hey phoenix_ca, :)

Thanks, but i don't understand it...  :(

(Sorry but english is only my third language...)

Is there a tutorial or something where it is better explained or in more detail?

Or is it at least good to post here, when I found more mods with newer versions?

Thanks and have fun! :)

N3N

-----

PS:

Can you add/update this Mod please: (there are two new versions, one for KSP 1.0.5 and one for 1.1.2)

RCS Build Aid Version 0.8 for KSP 1.1.x

On 5.6.2016 at 2:25 AM, m4v said:

Version 0.7.8 for KSP 1.0.5

* Account toggling rotation/translation axis in RCS.
* Account full throttle setting in RCS.
* Move settings.cfg file to PluginData.
* FIX: NRE spam when closing fairings while using RCSBA.

Version 0.8 for KSP 1.1.x

* Update for KSP 1.1.x.
* Account toggling rotation/translation axis in RCS.
* Account full throttle setting in RCS.
* Account toggling rotation axis in rocket gimbals.
* Move settings.cfg file to PluginData.
* Match nomenclature in RCS's settings (starboard instead of right, etc).
* FIX: NRE spam when closing fairings while using RCSBA.

NOTE: There's no CKAN release because the whole process seems to have changed and I don't feel like studying its documentation again.

Edited by N3N

6 hours ago, N3N said:

Can you add/update this Mod please: (there are two new versions, one for KSP 1.0.5 and one for 1.1.2)

RCS Build Aid Version 0.8 for KSP 1.1.x

RCS Build Aid 0.8 for KSP 1.1 and 0.7.8 for KSP 1.0.5 are already indexed. I've got a watch on that mod so I get emails when new versions are posted. It should show up if you refresh CKAN.

7 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Speaking of updated mods, KAX is updated for 1.1.2. for a while, but still not on CKAN.
That is another mod that need manual editing to push update.

KAX 2.6.3 for KSP 1.1.2 was added 12 days ago.

11 minutes ago, politas said:

KAX 2.6.3 for KSP 1.1.2 was added 12 days ago.

Sorry, my bad. I was searching for it in CKAN with "KAX" as keyword, totally forgot to search by full name "Kerbal Aircraft Expansion" or by author name.

2 hours ago, politas said:

RCS Build Aid 0.8 for KSP 1.1 and 0.7.8 for KSP 1.0.5 are already indexed. I've got a watch on that mod so I get emails when new versions are posted. It should show up if you refresh CKAN.

Much appreciated.

10 hours ago, N3N said:

Thanks, but i don't understand it...  :(

(Sorry but english is only my third language...)

Sorry I should've provided this link too: Adding a mod to the CKAN

See this if you want to know how GitHub works. (I'd bet that there are also tutorials in whatever is your mother tongue. GitHub is quite popular for version control.)

On 6/6/2016 at 6:30 AM, phoenix_ca said:

@FreeThinker's reasoning as to why TweakScale is required for KSPI-E is here.

Yeah, he was actually responding to my question there, 

the Module Manager trick kinda works, though I feel like I'm still sending the command module up with a cracked hull like that, I've never really messed with module manager like that before. Both tricks worked, but ultimately I feel a bit better with your trick (simply deleting TweakScale after letting CKAN install it was like drilling a hole in the hull).

For my actual question today, or "just to let you know"

Cact-Eye switched hands... again. new thread is Here but I'm not sure if he's updated anything, but he has indeed changed the version numbering.

8 hours ago, Sherrif said:

Yeah, he was actually responding to my question there, 

the Module Manager trick kinda works, though I feel like I'm still sending the command module up with a cracked hull like that, I've never really messed with module manager like that before. Both tricks worked, but ultimately I feel a bit better with your trick (simply deleting TweakScale after letting CKAN install it was like drilling a hole in the hull).

For my actual question today, or "just to let you know"

Cact-Eye switched hands... again. new thread is Here but I'm not sure if he's updated anything, but he has indeed changed the version numbering.

Hopefully I got the MM patch right and it's only removing TweakScale from the right things. As I said, no guarantees. It's an ugly bit of code because it's undoing a huge swath of changes. If MM could take directives to the effect of "don't add X module to any parts, and ignore any MM patches that do, except for patches that have Y in their model value", that'd be much cleaner and waste less time loading the game.

As for Cact-Eye...good grief. I'll take a look at it later if someone else doesn't beat me to it (since I have to go to work soon and won't have time for several hours).

Ahoy! I have a little issue with my current CKAN install. I am on version 1.16.1 and upon launching it, I get an exception error report "CKAN.InconsistentKraken". The program obviously does not what its supposed to do anymore. I can hit continue and my regular mod list pops up, but refreshing brings back up the same error message. It used to work fine for weeks, but today it bugged out. It seems to be related to a conflict with RN-SovietRockets.

The full error message below (sorry for the bits in german within it):

Spoiler

************** Ausnahmetext **************
The following inconsistencies were found:
RN-SovietRockets conflicts with ReflectionPlugin.   bei CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)
   bei CKAN.RegistryManager.Save(Boolean enforce_consistency, Boolean recommmends, Boolean with_versions)
   bei CKAN.KSP.ScanGameData()
   bei CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/GAMES/KSP%20test%20and%20backup/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe.
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34294 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34285 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34283 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34283 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll.
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll.
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll.
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll.
Microsoft.CSharp.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.resources.dll.
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll.
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll.

I can manually re-install my CKAN by removing its folder within my KSP folder and just install the new version (actually not sure if the conflict persists within the new version). But then all installed mods (and there is a lot of em) get tagged as auto-detected and version tracking is still unavailable as far as I know.

I could export the mod list from the bugged install (that option still seems to work) and use that list to "install from CKAN" with a new install of the program. But then, since it seems to re-install all the mods instead of taking for granted whats inside my GameData folder, I am loosing a mind-boggling ammount of customization settings within those mods. I have doubts that I would be able to re-establish my game as it used to be.

Is there an easy route that I have overlooked...?

Thanks for any help. :)

It seems almost odd to add the German where they did, it seems like a waste considering much of the log is in English.

However I noticed something, the reflection plugin on CKAN appears to be for KSP version 1.0.5 and the RN-SovietRockets plugin is 1.1.2

However, I'm an armchair programmer, the kind nobody likes, so my perspective is usually, rightfully, thrown out the window.

On 29.05.2016 at 4:09 PM, Ranger said:

I would just like to point out that this is a FREE program, worked on by VOLUNTEERS.  Yes, it has it's bugs.  Just about no program out there more advanced then "Hello World" is bug free.  But it does generally work, and it does so on all three major OS's.  As a Mac user, even having to use Mono, that is an amazing feat, particularly for freeware.

If you want to have the problems that you are experiencing fixed, then provide the information that they need to fix them.  Exactly what mods is it happening with?  Is it always the same ones, or does it change every time?  Does it work after you re-start CKAN? Exactly what errors (as in exactly what wording) is getting thrown up?  Things like that.  You can post here, or, even better, on the Github error reporting page.

And please do so politely.  Because it is posts like yours, with that attitude, that may convince the people that provide us with this tool that so many of us have come to depend on to stop working on the program at all.  And then not only would the bugs not get fixed, but eventually it would become unusable to EVERYONE, and we would all be back to updating out mods manually.

After days of cries,anger and over and over frustrations i managed to find that god damm issue and ends up to resolve that issue so far.

It was kraken that says about mod is installed but i want to update him well.It happens with about 30% of mods(i have 106 mods now)

I just hope that guy that make this program issue like that reduce to window saying "ooops we cant update mod because he is installed wrongly" or something like that

5 hours ago, Wuwuk said:

OSE Workshop compatible with KSP 1.1.2, update please.

From that thread it appears OSE Workshop is not yet 1.1.2 compatible. However, the author is working on it and says he should have something by Monday, so fingers crossed! :)

5 hours ago, N3N said:

Hi! :)

Can you update this Mod please: "Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts"

I can find only the old 1.7 Version on CKAN.

Thanks and have fun!

N3N

I saw that, and I actually started a pull request (and closed it for other reasons), but I'm (if someone disagrees by all means make a new PR) not keen on adding it again until the next major update. Not without a way to prompt the user with a warning about the fact that the next major update is going break everyone's ships. Especially since that warning is buried deep in the mod's thread and not on the first post.

If there was a big warning on the first post, hey, caveat emptor. Unless there's a way with CKAN to block an update with a warning later. I haven't seen anything that suggests that capability in the spec.

Edited by phoenix_ca

1 hour ago, phoenix_ca said:

I saw that, and I actually started a pull request (and closed it for other reasons), but I'm (if someone disagrees by all means make a new PR) not keen on adding it again until the next major update. Not without a way to prompt the user with a warning about the fact that the next major update is going break everyone's ships. Especially since that warning is buried deep in the mod's thread and not on the first post.

If there was a big warning on the first post, hey, caveat emptor. Unless there's a way with CKAN to block an update with a warning later. I haven't seen anything that suggests that capability in the spec.

Could there be a way for the meta data to have it as a new separate mod, and rename the other version as *legacy* to stop automatic updates for save breaking updates?

On 10.06.2016 at 9:07 PM, OldLost said:

From that thread it appears OSE Workshop is not yet 1.1.2 compatible. However, the author is working on it and says he should have something by Monday, so fingers crossed! :)

Sorry for the disinformation.

Am I correct in assuming that the only way to find the netkan.exe file that the modders' instructions talk about is to compile CKAN from source?  It seems like if you install the release without source, all you get is CKAN.EXE.

4 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

Am I correct in assuming that the only way to find the netkan.exe file that the modders' instructions talk about is to compile CKAN from source?  It seems like if you install the release without source, all you get is CKAN.EXE.

Downloads for ckan.exe and netkan.exe are linked here in the "quick downloads" section: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN

4 minutes ago, phoenix_ca said:

Downloads for ckan.exe and netkan.exe are linked here in the "quick downloads" section: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN

Okay thanks.  It might be a good idea to mention that in the place in the readme for modders where it talks about executing netkan.exe.  Netkan.exe doesn't appear in the recent release and it's a bit unclear that it's actually okay to dig down deeper into the release list and use an older one that does mention it.

Edited by Steven Mading

5 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Okay thanks.  It might be a good idea to mention that in the place in the readme for modders where it talks about executing netkan.exe.  Netkan.exe doesn't appear in the recent release and it's a bit unclear that it's actually okay to dig down deeper into the release list and use an older one that does mention it.

I know what you mean. I actually got sucked down a rabbit hole thinking new metadata files were supposed to be merged with the CKAN-meta repo. If you see any place for improvement on the wiki, I'm sure people would appreciate it.