The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

2k0JKgK.png

when I click to install OuterPlanetMod I get this error in the lasted version. What should I do to keep using CKAN? Reinstall all my installation again (60+ mods)? My CKAN setup is completely broken? Amazing

Okay, time for me to try and respond to as many questions as I can. As an aside, issues on our issues tracker aren't as susceptible to getting lost as they are in the firehose that is the forum thread, and our irc channel is a particularly good place to ask questions (although be patient in waiting for a response).

I'm in the process of adding CKAN support to my mods. I already have two of them up on KerbalStuff, and checked the CKAN checkbox. I'm a bit confused though, do I also need to create a metadata file?

You rock, we love getting new mods! Hitting the button sends us an automated pull request, although these only have the most bare-bones of details and still require a human to review and adjust, which can sometimes take a while. If you want to be that human, we have a detailed guide for writing an indexing file that our bot can use (aka a .netkan file), although I'd also recommend hopping on our IRC channel if you need a hand, since that's where we coordinate most of our day-to-day efforts. (That guide is also a wiki, so be bold in editing it if you think anything could be clearer, or we've missed steps.)

I'm getting errors here as well, reporting a missing assembly (maybe there is a dependency on a .NET component that wasn't there before).

Are you using .NET 4.5? The more recent GUI releases require it if you're using Windows. This is also mentioned in our release notes.

Cant download, both windows and Norton security say its unsafe. This is new, as ive had CKAN in the past, any ideas?

Alas no. We're not doing anything different in the new releases, so I've no idea why Norton and Windows security would say there's anything wrong with the current version when older versions were fine.

"Disk Full" is an unhandled exception. The program exited. I don't know if it is safe to continue the installation now that I have made free space.

You most should be! We've worked as hard as we can to make sure our transactional layer makes no changes if anything goes wrong. If by any chance there *are* files left lying around, the CKAN client will detect that and won't make changes to your install at all. (If this happens, do let us know.)

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. (RemoteTech/OPM)

I'm looking into this now. We've overhauled our relationship resolution code, and this looks like it might be related to that. If I can find what's causing it, then you'll see a new release in the next couple of hours. :)

I've also updated our FAQ with answers to many of the above. :)

~ pjf

The very latest update (to CKAN ver.1.8.1-0-gd296799beta) broke CKAN for me as well. I get an exception (unable to recover from) every time I try to update/install a mod. Specifically, like below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ResolveStanza(IEnumerable`1 stanza, SelectionReason reason, RelationshipResolverOptions options, Boolean soft_resolve)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.Resolve(CkanModule module, RelationshipResolverOptions options)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.AddModulesToInstall(IEnumerable`1 modules)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 identifiers, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I have the .NET 4.5 Framework correctly installed on my system, and everything was working perfectly before the very latest update install of CKAN (which I believe occurred Saturday for me).

I'm still trying to reproduce the `System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException`. If any of you who *is* getting it is able to:

1) Reproduce it on the command-line.

2) Run `ckan.exe install <ModName> --versbose` or `ckan.exe upgrade <ModName> --verbose` and save the output, and

3) Post a link to said output here (or in a PM), along with a link to your `CKAN/registry.json` file, along with your OS version and CKAN client version

then that would be of *huge* value to me.

Many thanks!

~ Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I believe we have a fix for the KeyNotFoundException! You should see a new release very shortly, but if you'd like to test you can grab this build which includes the fix.

- - - Updated - - -

CKAN v1.8.2 aka "Aerospikiest" released!

Changes since v1.8.1:

• [bugfix/Core] Fixed a KeyNotFoundException that could be thrown when installing or upgrading a mod that results in a version conflict. (pjf/RichardLake)

Changes since v1.8.0:

• [bugfix/Core] Fixed a bug where mods could conflict with themselves on upgrade.

Changes since 1.6.23:

• [Core/Feature] Relationships specific min/max versions of other modules will have those respected (RichardLake)
  • [Core/Bugfix] Mods with multiple licenses are correctly represented in the metadata and various displays (RichardLake)
  • [GUI/Speed] The GUI will no longer take an awfully long time to show the contents of large archives (RichardLake)
  • [GUI/Bugfix] The GUI is left in a more consistent state after cancelling a download (RichardLake)
  • [GUI/Bugfix] It's now possible to add mods to a changeset which conflict with presently installed mods, provided those presently installed mods are marked to be removed. (RichardLake)
  • [GUI/Feature] More dialog windows have CKAN branded icons (RichardLake)
  • [GUI/Bugfix] Installed mods without upstream metadata are now visible and uninstallable via the GUI (RIchardLake)
  • [GUI/Bugfix] More graceful handling of GUIconfig.xml errors (gjulianm)

Internal Changes:

• [NetKAN/Feature] NetKAN looks in more places for curl-ca bundles (dbent)
  • [NetKAN/Feature] NetKAN adds an x_screenshot field to the metadata where a KerbalStuff screenshot exists (RichardLake)
  • [NetKAN/Feature] NetKAN will populate the source repository field when such data exists on KerbalStuff (Daz)
  • [Core/Refactor] The relationship resolver has better structure, and can explain why a mod has been selected for install (RichardLake)
  • [Core/Testing] Better testing of .zip and .tar.gz metadata routines (mgsdk)

Note:

• Due to a change in the CKAN registry file format, you will not be able to move back to the 1.6.x releases after using this release.
  • Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed.
  • Linux users, please apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev or yum install libcurl-devel if you have not already done so.
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please mozroots --import --ask-remove if you're a new user, to update mono's certificate store.

This update effectively corrects the issue I was having. Things are now back working as normal/before.

Thank you for the quick fix and the quick update, much appreciated!

You most should be! We've worked as hard as we can to make sure our transactional layer makes no changes if anything goes wrong. If by any chance there *are* files left lying around, the CKAN client will detect that and won't make changes to your install at all. (If this happens, do let us know.)

~ pjf

Thanks, it indeed went all right when I tried to install only mechjeb and kerbal engineer aftewards. I have not checked if there is any file left around, but everything is working as it should at least. I was only a little scared by the "unhandled" part.

This update effectively corrects the issue I was having. Things are now back working as normal/before.

Thank you for the quick fix and the quick update, much appreciated!

Confirmed. It fixed. Thank you very much

I am still getting the exception error when trying to install Atomic Age, on version 1.8.2. I can provide logs and screenshots if u want, but is the same scenario of one forum page back.

Edit: found this on error window, might be useful: "The following inconsistencies were found:HotRockets requires a version between 7.9 and any version inclusive.. However a incompatible version, 1.0.2, is in the resolver at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ResolveStanza(IEnumerable`1 stanza, SelectionReason reason, RelationshipResolverOptions options, Boolean soft_resolve)"

Mega

When I open CKAN it shows the update notice and after I click Install nothing happens. Am I doing it wrong?

Edit: After a few minutes a crash message showed up.

Edited by A_name

Important note: CKAN 1.8 requires .NET framework 4.5 or higher to work.

The System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IASyncStateMachine class has been moved from the core framework assembiles into mscorlib.dll in version 4.5.

CKAN will start on 4.0, but throw an exception when you try to install mods. There is a developer-side workaround though:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13748055/could-not-load-type-system-runtime-compilerservices-extensionattribute-from-as

Maybe pjf may want to look into that, or refuse to start CKAN if the required framework version is not installed.

is RN Skylab in ckan? it shows in the GUI, but is not installable

./ckan.exe install Skylab

Module Skylab required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

If you're lucky, you can do a `ckan update` and try again.

Try `ckan install --no-recommends` to skip installation of recommended modules

EDIT: ckan version:1.8.3 KSp 1.0.2, and i tried running 'ckan update'

Edited by SirKeplan

Maybe I am missing something here, but the list I get in the tool is much shorter than in the git tree. I checked where it gets it, it is the default one (github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/archive/master.zip which content is fine of course), then I looked in the registry.json and there I can find all the modules as well. Let's say DistantObject-default: it does not appear in the tool's gui, but it is in its registry.json.

(note: my ksp is the very latest, 1.0.4, and the ckan.exe is also the very latest one).

Any idea?

Why you not add a column called "Compatible with" where every author can insert the compatible version of Ksp?

CKAN auto-detects the version of KSP you are using and only shows the mods that are compatible with it.

The metadata already contains the compatibility info for each mod :)

CKAN auto-detects the version of KSP you are using and only shows the mods that are compatible with it.

The metadata already contains the compatibility info for each mod :)

So I guess the question is (I'm new to CKAN): if a mod doesn't officially support 1.0.3/1.0.4 yet, it won't be listed? Is there a way to override this?

KSP 1.04, latest CKAN.

Trying to install Infernal Robotics:

Failed to download "https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/v0.21/IR_v0.21.zip" - error: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Apparently IR was updated and CKAN isn't yet updated to that new version. The error is thrown because the file cannot be found on github. Would be nice if that was a bit more clear. :)

- - - Updated - - -

The Part Manager plugin causes this one after installing/removing one or more mods. I should probably delete the plugin, as I have never used it, but the info may be of interest, or not.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,CKAN.Version> CKAN.Registry.Installed()'.

Spoiler below contains the details (which seems to imply that I have .NET 4.0, but I do have .NET 4.5 installed).

Edit: I reinstalled (or, as MS calls it, 'repaired') .NET 4.5.2 and CKAN still gives the same error, so, yeah, it's the plugin probably :)

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,CKAN.Version> CKAN.Registry.Installed()'.

at PartManagerPlugin.PartManagerUI.RefreshInstalledModsList()

at PartManagerPlugin.PartManagerUI.OnModChanged(CkanModule module, GUIModChangeType changeType)

at CKAN.Main.PostInstallMods(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ckan

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/Small%20Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20v1.0.4/ckan.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.CSharp

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.Dynamic

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

KerbalStuffPlugin

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/Small%20Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20v1.0.4/CKAN/Plugins/KerbalStuffPlugin.dll

MigrationToolPlugin

CodeBase: file:///G:/Small%20Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20v1.0.4/CKAN/Plugins/MigrationToolPlugin.dll

PartManagerPlugin

CodeBase: file:///G:/Small%20Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20v1.0.4/CKAN/Plugins/PartManagerPlugin.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Pure

So I guess the question is (I'm new to CKAN): if a mod doesn't officially support 1.0.3/1.0.4 yet, it won't be listed? Is there a way to override this?

That's something I'd like to know as well. I expect that Ambient Light Adjustment or Toolbar shouldn't be affected by the upgrade, so I'd just risk it. But CKAN won't let me.

Also, about 1.0.4 -- SQUAD says that I don't have to update if I wasn't affected by said bug. But do I still have to, for mod compatibility? CKAN is so insanely convenient, I really don't want to do things manually anymore...

I got a question too; For the 1.0.3 Update the kerbalstuff bot managed to put my stuff on ckan, but now he doesn't . I cant tell kerbalstuff my mod is working with 1.0.4 like i could with the previous update.

In CKAN 1.8.2 I am seeing the following error when updating only the Outer Planets Mod:

The following inconsistencies were found:

OuterPlanetsMod 1.7_Beta_2.repackaged0 conflicts with Kopernicus pre-alpha-09, can't install both.

The only mod in the changeset is OuterPlanetsMod. I do not have KopernicusTech or any other Kopernicus* mod installed, and none are referenced in my installed-default file. I do see a Kopernicus directory in GameData but have not installed any mod manually to this instance of Kerbal. I assume the GameData/Kopernicus directory was pulled in by OPM which packages its own version of Kopernicus mod.

In CKAN 1.8.2 I am seeing the following error when updating only the Outer Planets Mod:

The only mod in the changeset is OuterPlanetsMod. I do not have KopernicusTech or any other Kopernicus* mod installed, and none are referenced in my installed-default file. I do see a Kopernicus directory in GameData but have not installed any mod manually to this instance of Kerbal. I assume the GameData/Kopernicus directory was pulled in by OPM which packages its own version of Kopernicus mod.

Had the same issue. Solved by removing OuterPlanetsMod then re-installing it again.

That's something I'd like to know as well. I expect that Ambient Light Adjustment or Toolbar shouldn't be affected by the upgrade, so I'd just risk it. But CKAN won't let me.

Also, about 1.0.4 -- SQUAD says that I don't have to update if I wasn't affected by said bug. But do I still have to, for mod compatibility? CKAN is so insanely convenient, I really don't want to do things manually anymore...

+1 for allowing us to grab previous version mods. But it's not the CKAN team's fault, 1.0.4 is what 1.0 should have been, no wonder modders can't keep up in a timely fashion. Super frustrating for the players and mods alike.

Thanks for your efforts.

Until ckan provides a way to see all modules (even those which don't match current ksp version), I edited the <path to my ksp install>/CKAN/register.json and replaced all lines matching "ksp_version": "*" to "ksp_version": "1.0.4". Not perfect at all (since it gets updated often), but at least I can install some of the mods I know they work on any 1.0.x.

I got a question too; For the 1.0.3 Update the kerbalstuff bot managed to put my stuff on ckan, but now he doesn't . I cant tell kerbalstuff my mod is working with 1.0.4 like i could with the previous update.

Best to wait for Kerbal Stuff to add 1.0.4 as a valid version.

Known issue, uninstall and reinstall OuterPlanetsMod.

+1 for allowing us to grab previous version mods. But it's not the CKAN team's fault, 1.0.4 is what 1.0 should have been, no wonder modders can't keep up in a timely fashion. Super frustrating for the players and mods alike.

Specific versions of mods can be installed with ckan install Mod=Version. This also bypasses any KSP version constraints.

I haven't been able to find this anywhere - how do I get CKAN to reflect changes I have made manually? If I had installed a mod manually or deleted one manually, the UI still shows as if the mod is still there. How do I get it to "refresh"?