The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Getting the following stacktrace on nearly 50% of downloads on Windows.

"The process cannot access the file ..., because it is used by another process."

I am running only one CKAN instance of course.

Unhandled exception:
System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Users\<...>\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpE66E.tmp" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
bei CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetFileCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
bei CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.<DownloadModules>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Edited by nanobot

Hello,

Having an odd problem with CKAN on Linux.

I selected Module manager to install on my 1.0.4. Steam install and it is continually stuck on "UPDATING MODS"... but never downloads any data.

Also when I cancel the download, it is impossible to close the program - requiring me to force-close it (which almost never happens in *nix!)

Hey,

I really like your export .ckan function for making a modpack.

Unfortunately I have to manually remove the version lines for each mod.

Is there a way to do that automatically?

Hey, maybe that went amiss with all the updates?

I basically need the export function without the version numbers.

On a related note: How to distribute meta mod packs within CKAN?

Is there a way how a meta mod pack can show up in the mod list or anywhere inside CKAN without having to manually download the .ckan file?

I basically need the export function without the version numbers.

On a related note: How to distribute meta mod packs within CKAN?

Change "depends" to "recommends" and CKAN will install the most recent version of a mod regardless of the version listed. (That behaviour may change in the future) If you *really* want to get rid of the version lines your best bet is a regular expression find and replace.

CKAN does not (currently) host metapackage/modpack files. Adding a metapackage repository would be easy for users to do however. Someone would need to maintain the repository, but adding the repo to CKAN is a few clicks then a copy + paste.

Okay so i've got a problem i cant find a fix to out on the interwebs. I just got CKAN last night and installed it (as far as i can tell) without problems. checked the box for RO and all the others that come with, installed them and hit the convenient little "Launch" button. The game sprang up and started loading with a satisfying speed, the mods and the patches loaded up. Then at about 4/5 of the way through it hits a brick wall, loading a single item out of AIES. so i removed AIES thinking it just didnt download correctly and again launched the game. this time the brick wall is on an item out of FASA. so out comes FASA, didnt need it anyway. after five, maybe six occurrences the wall is at an item added by RO itself. *facepalm* By now im rather discouraged that ive done everything right. hit the web, no threads about it. came here, scoured the thread for some hint, didnt find it, made account, made post.

nanobot, are you using the latest ckan release (1.10.3)? what happens if you restart ckan, and then retry to install them?

I did in fact a fresh download of CKAN yesterday, that is of v1.10.3, to finally try KSP 1.0. After a restart the installation of mods runs through, but fails with the same exception after two or three more mods. It however works to only install one mod at a time. After the exception window pops up, the downloads in the background still finish (quite plausible when the name of the bad method is CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete) but they do not install and stay with a "0 kb left to download" message. When the popup is dismissed, the program crashes (unhandled exception). Therefore I also have done many restarts of the program which did not change the behaviour.

To all involved with CKAN, well done ! Brilliant program :)

I don't know if these are already in(haven't found it in CKAN so far), or in the works :

1. Can we have a "First Installed" date & time column ? (and also maybe "Last Updated" column ?) This solves the "order which mods were installed" and "what mods were installed with the mod you chose"

2. "Mod Size" column ? helpful "at a glance" view of what to take off or leave in, for us poor memory limited 32 bit WIN users :)

3. An auto "Refresh" option(at program start) as a settings option ?

4. not so important ---> Adjustable columns

5. not so important ---> A "Notes" column for us to add notes in CKAN for each mod

6. "Launch KSP" to show which one it is launching (OpenGL or DX11) or allow the option to switch

I am sure some of the above can't be done as this is a multi-platform software(I don't know)

All in all well done :)

Maybe you hit the ram limit. Try starting ksp in the opengl mode.

Or use the Graphical Memory Monitor which in spite of its fancy name provides a boring display of memory usage at startup.

Hi, I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I can't find in the last few pages of this thread.

How can I use ckan to start managing a mod I already have installed?

Change "depends" to "recommends" and CKAN will install the most recent version of a mod regardless of the version listed. (That behaviour may change in the future) If you *really* want to get rid of the version lines your best bet is a regular expression find and replace.

CKAN does not (currently) host metapackage/modpack files. Adding a metapackage repository would be easy for users to do however. Someone would need to maintain the repository, but adding the repo to CKAN is a few clicks then a copy + paste.

Ah, thank you.

Will have to take another look.

On an unrelated note:

There seems to be a problem with a mod version update for SETI-CommunityTechTree.

It was updated via kerbalstuff to 0.9.1.3 more than half a day ago or so, but CKAN still shows 0.9.1.2 as the latest version.

In CKAN-meta, it shows that 0.9.1 was edited 4 hours ago and was the last to be edited, while 0.9.1.2 is 5 days old.

I can't seem to install Real Plumes as I don't have other mods installed in the Relationships...? I don't have RO, AJE, FAR, Real Fuels or Real Heat installed, is this what is not allowing my to install Real Plumes?

RUp7CZGm.png

Dependency issue?

Also can't install Real Plumes, its giving an exception as soon as I tick it.

[spoiler=]{ See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install Sentinel, module not available

at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KSPVersion ksp_version)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)

at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KSPVersion ksp_version)

at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ckan

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.CSharp

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.Dynamic

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

MigrationToolPlugin

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/CKAN/Plugins/MigrationToolPlugin.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.}

Edited by Torih

To all involved with CKAN, well done ! Brilliant program :)

I don't know if these are already in(haven't found it in CKAN so far), or in the works :

1. Can we have a "First Installed" date & time column ? (and also maybe "Last Updated" column ?) This solves the "order which mods were installed" and "what mods were installed with the mod you chose"

2. "Mod Size" column ? helpful "at a glance" view of what to take off or leave in, for us poor memory limited 32 bit WIN users :)

3. An auto "Refresh" option(at program start) as a settings option ?

4. not so important ---> Adjustable columns

5. not so important ---> A "Notes" column for us to add notes in CKAN for each mod

6. "Launch KSP" to show which one it is launching (OpenGL or DX11) or allow the option to switch

I am sure some of the above can't be done as this is a multi-platform software(I don't know)

All in all well done :)

1. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1155

2. A mod's size on disk isn't the same as its size in RAM and determining a mod's memory footprint in game is outside the scope of CKAN.

3. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/1285

4. If you mean adding and removing columns, that's not in the queue AFAIK: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

5. As 4

6. Settings -> KSP Command-line arguments. If you specifically want a popup or something to show your commandline options after you hit launch: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

How can I use ckan to start managing a mod I already have installed?

Uninstall the mod manually then install via CKAN. CKAN will not take over manually installed mods (yet).

There seems to be a problem with a mod version update for SETI-CommunityTechTree.

It was updated via kerbalstuff to 0.9.1.3 more than half a day ago or so, but CKAN still shows 0.9.1.2 as the latest version.

I'll have a look as soon as I can.

Real Plumes?
Real Plumes

Looking into it now.

It's working now, think an additional config file wasn't uploaded earlier for it.

That's right, not sure why it wasn't pushed earlier. Bot was just slow today I think.

As for SETI-CommunityTechTree it's updated as well. Another bot-related issue. :S

There's no way. 5.5 of 16 megabytes I've got more ram than i know what to do with. Also, ksp runs fine with CKAN when only a handful of standalone mods are running, so i suspect that something is wrong with the downloaded files, maybe an error in the transfer created a compatibility issue?

---And then things get weird. I decided to run KSP in windowed mode (maybe taking a little more work off the ram's plate wouldnt be a bad thing after all?). put all the mods back on and ran it...And it worked...at first. Well, it loaded alright but then just bails on the whole game, closing it. Did it over again, expecting different results. Didn't get them... so now what?

---Found it. It's Remote Tech. it tells me :

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,

or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed. As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file

that it did not install itself.If you wish to install RemoteTech-Config-RSS 8.1.1 via the CKAN,

then please manually uninstall the mod which owns: GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg and try again.

still have no idea what im doing. does anyone else get this message?

Edited by Jacob The Fleeting

1. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1155

2. A mod's size on disk isn't the same as its size in RAM and determining a mod's memory footprint in game is outside the scope of CKAN.

3. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/1285

4. If you mean adding and removing columns, that's not in the queue AFAIK: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

5. As 4

6. Settings -> KSP Command-line arguments. If you specifically want a popup or something to show your commandline options after you hit launch: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new

Thanks for your reply :)

As I deem 4 , 5 & 6 a luxury, I will not suggest it as I am sure you have other more important issues to deal with.

I have a question about how ckan indexes mods, specifically how it's picking up when a mod updates? I ask because two of my favorites just updated on Kerbal Stuff, and when you follow a mod on kerbalstuff you get an email notification that the mod was updated. Ckan has not yet picked up on these updates, even with refreshing. I'm wondering if there is a manual process that someone has to do in order to pickup the updates, or if it just takes a long amount of time for it to "see" the new version number somewhere?

I also 2nd the notion that there should be a checkbox or "advanced setting" that allows you to "turn on outdated mods" , have it display a "use this at your own risk no support" message if you want, but it seems like a waste to have mods out there not showing up, when they are known to work fine in this version.

5.5 of 16 megabytes I've got more ram than i know what to do with.

It's really hard to follow all the leaps. That statement doesn't make sense.

And then things get weird. I decided to run KSP in windowed mode (maybe taking a little more work off the ram's plate wouldnt be a bad thing after all?). put all the mods back on and ran it...And it worked...at first. Well, it loaded alright but then just bails on the whole game, closing it. Did it over again, expecting different results. Didn't get them... so now what?

Running in window doesn't reduce RAM usage.

---Found it. It's Remote Tech. it tells me :

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,

or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed. As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file

that it did not install itself.If you wish to install RemoteTech-Config-RSS 8.1.1 via the CKAN,

then please manually uninstall the mod which owns: GameData/RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg and try again.

still have no idea what im doing. does anyone else get this message?

This isn't related to you starting the game, this is an error from CKAN telling you you're trying to install something that overwrites an existing file. If I had to guess, you had RemoteTech installed with the default config and now you're trying to install RSS' RemoteTech Config on top of it?

Sorry, overall a little too confusing for me. If you rewrite things in a coherent manner I'm willing to try again, maybe someone else will be able to help you in the meantime.

I tried deleting the mod directory from my gamedata folder but ckan stilll reported it as installed.

I'm assuming you installed manually and not with CKAN. Once you remove the mod's folder hit refresh in CKAN and it should disappear from the list. If you installed the mod via CKAN and deleted manually then it's a whole different can of worms.

We REALLY NEED an option to install outdated version of mod... REALLY NEED.

You can install a version of the mod that isn't the most recent via the commandline: `ckan install MyMod=v1.2.3` where `MyMod` is the mod's identifier and `v1.2.3` is the version string for the version you want.

I have a question about how ckan indexes mods, specifically how it's picking up when a mod updates?

They're picked up by a bot. They should be updated within 3-4 hours of the release but sometimes new releases aren't immediately compatible and need to be updated manually. If you know of mods that are missing please let us know.

I also 2nd the notion that there should be a checkbox or "advanced setting" that allows you to "turn on outdated mods" , have it display a "use this at your own risk no support" message if you want, but it seems like a waste to have mods out there not showing up, when they are known to work fine in this version.

To install an older version of a mod see my response to Ray_Anor. Installing a version that isn't tagged as compatible with the version of KSP you're running is a different matter which has a few issues open but this one should give a summary. Lastly if you know of a mod that is compatible with the current version of KSP but isn't marked as such in CKAN (usually because the mod author hasn't released a new version) then let us know.