The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

10 hours ago, politas said:

The .net upgrade was Secretly_asian's issue. Try downloading the contents for the mod you want to install. Can you give me some more information about your operating system and KSP version? Actually, could you put all the relevant details into an issue on our GitHub Issues register?

When I followed the Github link provided in the post above, I arrived at this page:
Wuzzat%20II_zpsxy4w9pgb.jpg

It would be great if the mods had some sort of time stamp indicating when they where put on ckan.  There are so many mods it's hard to find the newest additions especially when it's only 2 or 3 at a time.  Perhaps a row showing date added? 

I need some help with a set of .netkan files.

This set of files is for KWRocketryRedux (with the original author's permission).  The set consists of three .netkan files:

KWRocketryRedux.netkan - Main KW Rocketry install
KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPowerResponse.netkan - Power curve configs for graduated power
KWRocketryRedux-InstantPowerResponse.netkan - Power curve configs for instant power

I'd like to be able to test them before the general public having access to them.  Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks in advance

Linuxgurugamer

Hi, just reporting a bug where if you select a mod to install and also select another mod to update, CKAN puts out an unhandled exception error. Error output in spoiler. It deletes any mods to be deleted then downloads the mods to update then before downloading mods to install it hangs for a while and puts out the error. Then it quits (having updated mods but forgetting about the mods to install).

Spoiler

Unhandled exception:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC1A1.tmp' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetFileCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.<DownloadModules>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Reported on Github

EDIT : Almost forgot, the reason I came here was to ask, some mods report compatibility up to 1.1.99 yet are shown as compatible with 1.0.5. Are these mods OK to install/update on a 1.0.5 game or should they be regarded as only compatible with 1.1.0?

Edited by John FX

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I need some help with a set of .netkan files.

This set of files is for KWRocketryRedux (with the original author's permission).  The set consists of three .netkan files:

KWRocketryRedux.netkan - Main KW Rocketry install
KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPowerResponse.netkan - Power curve configs for graduated power
KWRocketryRedux-InstantPowerResponse.netkan - Power curve configs for instant power

I'd like to be able to test them before the general public having access to them.  Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks in advance

Linuxgurugamer

You can download a copy of netkan.exe and run it locally to generate .ckan files and then test install them.

1 hour ago, John FX said:

EDIT : Almost forgot, the reason I came here was to ask, some mods report compatibility up to 1.1.99 yet are shown as compatible with 1.0.5. Are these mods OK to install/update on a 1.0.5 game or should they be regarded as only compatible with 1.1.0?

CKAN will only let you install the latest version marked as compatible with KSP 1.0.5 if you are working on a KSP1.0.5 install.

1 minute ago, politas said:

You can download a copy of netkan.exe and run it locally to generate .ckan files and then test install them.

I know how to run netkan.exe locally, but how can I have CKAN.exe read three different .ckan files, do I just list them on the cmdline or concatenate them together into one file?

thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

23 hours ago, Uace24 said:

Hey i am on windows 8 and whenever i try to launch CKAN i get alot of .CMDline errors and things what can be done to rectify this? 

You could post the actual error messages so we can see what the problem might be. But probably the first thing to try would be upgrading your .Net framework to 4.5

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I know how to run netkan.exe locally, but how can I have CKAN.exe read three different .ckan files, do I just list them on the cmdline or concatenate them together into one file?

thanks

Just install them one at a time, starting with the dependencies if any of them are. Once you install them, their details will be in your local registry.json.

46 minutes ago, politas said:

CKAN will only let you install the latest version marked as compatible with KSP 1.0.5 if you are working on a KSP1.0.5 install.

OK, I was unsure because I didn`t think that a mod would be compatible with both. Nice to know, I`ll give them a go. thx.

3 hours ago, politas said:

Just install them one at a time, starting with the dependencies if any of them are. Once you install them, their details will be in your local registry.json.

I can't, the first one absolutely requires one of the following two, and the 2nd & 3rd ones have the first as a dependency.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can't, the first one absolutely requires one of the following two, and the 2nd & 3rd ones have the first as a dependency.

Then you've got your dependencies around the wrong way. If you PM me a link to a copy, I can sort them out for you. Looks like you need a virtual dependency: KWRocketryRedux-PowerResponse, and then have the 2nd and 3rd mods "provides" that virtual mod.

Edited by politas

8 hours ago, politas said:

Then you've got your dependencies around the wrong way. If you PM me a link to a copy, I can sort them out for you. Looks like you need a virtual dependency: KWRocketryRedux-PowerResponse, and then have the 2nd and 3rd mods "provides" that virtual mod.

That's actually what I have (I think) I just put it wrong.  Rather than PM, I'll put it here.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the the identifier should be the same as the file name?

KWRocketryRedux.netkan:

{
	"spec_version"	: "v1.4",
	"identifier"	: "KWRocketryRedux",
	"$kref"			: "#/ckan/github/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux",
	"license"		: "CC-BY-SA-3.0",
	"name"			: "KW Rocketry Redux, including the Community Fixes",
	"abstract"		: "This is the full KW Rocketry with the Community Fixes included.  Repackaged so that the power configs are selecteable in CKAN",
	"resources" : {
		"homepage"	:	"https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux"
	},
	"depends": [
		{ "name": "ModuleManager" },
		{ "name" : "KWPowerResponse" }
	"conflicts" : [
		{ "name" : "KWRocketry" },
		{ "name" : "KWRocketry-CommunityFixes" },
		{ "name" : "KWRocketry-CommunityFixes-interstage"  }
	],
	"install"	  : [
		{
			"find"	  : "KWRocketry",
			"install_to": "GameData"
		}
	]
}

KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr.netkan:

{
	"identifier"	: "KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr",
	"name"			: "Instant Power Response Configs",
	"abstract"		: "For instant power response on engines",
	"provides"		: [ "KWPowerResponse" ],
	"requires"		: [ "KWRocketryRedux" ],
		{ "name" : "KWPowerCurves" }
	],
	"install"		: [
		{
			"find"	 : "Extras/InstantPowerResponseConfigs/GameData/KWRocketry",
			"install_to":"GameData"
		}
	]
} 

KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr.netkan:

{
	"identifier"	: "KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr",
	"abstract"		: "For graduated power response on engines",
	],
		{
			"find"	 : "Extras/graduatedPowerResponseConfigs/GameData/KWRocketry",
		}
	]
} 

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's actually what I have (I think) I just put it wrong.  Rather than PM, I'll put it here.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the the identifier should be the same as the file name?

KWRocketryRedux.netkan:

{
	"abstract"		: "This is the full KW Rocketry with the Community Fixes included.  Repackaged so that the power configs are selecteable in CKAN",
	},
		{ "name": "ModuleManager" },
	],
		{
		}
	]
}

KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr.netkan:

{
	],
		{
		}
	]
} 

KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr.netkan:

{
	],
		{
			"find"	 : "Extras/graduatedPowerResponseConfigs/GameData/KWRocketry",
		}
	]
} 

There's no such thing as "requires", and your "conflicts" in KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr.netkan and KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr.netkan should be to "KWPowerResponse", same as the "provides". You can put a "depends" pointing back to KWRocketryRedux, but testing is going to be tricky. Using "file-> install from .ckan" should do the trick, but you may need to do individual .ckan files multiple times, bracketing the dependency. So install  KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr and KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr ckans first (they will fail due to lack of dependency, but the details will be added to your registry. Then install KWRocketryRedux, and it should prompt you to pick one of the PowerResponse mods. ( I believe)

29 minutes ago, politas said:

There's no such thing as "requires", and your "conflicts" in KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr.netkan and KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr.netkan should be to "KWPowerResponse", same as the "provides". You can put a "depends" pointing back to KWRocketryRedux, but testing is going to be tricky. Using "file-> install from .ckan" should do the trick, but you may need to do individual .ckan files multiple times, bracketing the dependency. So install  KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr and KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr ckans first (they will fail due to lack of dependency, but the details will be added to your registry. Then install KWRocketryRedux, and it should prompt you to pick one of the PowerResponse mods. ( I believe)

Thank you.  I'll get this sorted out and then get it uploaded.

Ok, I almost have it.  I looked at the ActiveTextureManagement configs as a guide.

I first compiled each netkan to a ckan file using the netkan.exe.  Then I started CKAN, and loaded the first one (KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr).  After it loaded, I uninstalled it from CKAN, then loaded the second one (KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr), and after it loaded, uninstalled it.  Finally I loaded KWRocketryRedux-3.0.1, and got the following error:

Too many mods provide KWPowerResponse:
KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr 3.0.1
* KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr 3.0.1

I'm wondering if this error is due to running these locally.  I changed the order of install, and it seemed to work.

So, I'll list the three .netkans here:

KWRocketryRedux.netkan

{
	},
		{ "name" : "ModuleManager" },
	],
	],
		{
		}
	]
}

KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr.netkan

{
	"name"			: "KWRocketry Graduated Power Response Configs",
		{ "name" : "KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr" }
	],
	"install" : [
		{
			"find"	 : "KWRocketry/Extras/GraduatedPowerResponseConfigs/GameData/KWRocketry",
		}
	]
} 

KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr.netkan

{
	"name"			: "KWRocketry Instant Power Response Configs",
		{ "name" : "KWRocketryRedux-GraduatedPwr" }
	],
	"install" : [
		{
		}
	]
} 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

How can I tell Ckan to look at the x64 version of the exe in my KSP folder when selecting the install? I don't want to just delete the regular KSP.exe since I have no idea what that could do.

8 minutes ago, A_name said:

How can I tell Ckan to look at the x64 version of the exe in my KSP folder when selecting the install? I don't want to just delete the regular KSP.exe since I have no idea what that could do.

CKAN doesn't look at the EXE.  It looks at the readme, and at some point in the future may look at the build id.

2 minutes ago, A_name said:

OK so it doesn't matter which exe I open the mods will show up?

Both EXEs look at the same identical GameData folder. If the mod is in there, it'll be in the game no matter which EXE you used to start the game up.

Hey thank you for all of your hard work.  I have a suggestion but as a gamer and not a coder I have no idea how difficult it would be.  Is it possible to add a column for "date updated" or "date added?"  This would make it a lot easier to find new mods and find mods you were waiting for as they come available.  Keep up the good work!