The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Took me a while to get my head around getting this to run on a Mac. But with Mono, you can run it from terminal. The GUI is a work in progress, obviously, but this is a FANTASTIC utility. Only downside, is it makes it too tempting to grab stuff that you probably haven't the memory to use.

This modding community is why KSP is my favourite game ever. And this is REALLY appreciated. Awesome work, guys.

i've solved that problem; on "settings" the option "KSP command-line" was set -forceopengl.

i've deleted that strings and now it's working.

Yes, sorry, it was an oversight on our part: it's already corrected in the master and will be removed from the default options in the next release :)

Hi guys,

Loving CKAN at the moment. With the update to 0.90, CKAN has now become my goto method of managing the 30 odd mods I've got installed!

However, I seem to have come across a small, somewhat annoying bug. Using the current version of CKAN and the GUI in Windows 7, the relationships panel doesn't update when scrolling between the different types of dependency.

For example, DMagic Orbital Science doesn't have any other mod that it requires, but it should list several suggested mods. Clicking on OS though and then changing the relationship selection to 'Suggests' shows an empty list.

The only way I've found to show the other relationship types is to pick that type, switch to a different mod and then switch back to the one I'm actually interested in.

Other than that guys, this seems incredibly solid! Keep up the good work and happy holidays!

Quick question I haven't seen addressed:

I delete mod parts I don't use. Very few of the big mods I have are as downloaded. Will that cause any problems with CKAN? In other words, does CKAN perform any sort of automatic file verification/correction on already installed mods, or is it just limited to downloading mods you specifically tell it to update in each session? I haven't tried it yet, and I'm not entirely sure how it works in that respect.

I am on the latest version of ksp...

We are going to need some more details: what version of ckan are you using? Could you explain us the reproduction steps so that we can replicate the problem? Also, does it still happen if you update to the latest version of the ckan client?

However, I seem to have come across a small, somewhat annoying bug. Using the current version of CKAN and the GUI in Windows 7, the relationships panel doesn't update when scrolling between the different types of dependency.

Thanks for your report! I was able to reproduce it, here's the issue if you want to check our progress on it :)

Hi, no, it shouldn't cause any problems, in theory (if it happens, please report it immediately so that we can fix it :) ). ckan does not verify the integrity of the mod after it has been installed, so it should be safe to remove parts from a mod.

Hey, where do I run the command to start CKAN on a mac?

Launch Terminal (you can do it from the search, if you don't know) and after it loads, showing your username, type mono [navigation path] can.exe

Or, and tis is easier, type mono, leave a space, and just drag the can.exe into the Terminal window. Hit enter, then it should launch.

Hey, the KAX package is broken because it requires both the Firespitter "core" plugin and the Resources/Firespitter.cfg config file. I suggest including the config file in the Firespitter Core package (it won't hurt anything being there).

Launch Terminal (you can do it from the search, if you don't know) and after it loads, showing your username, type mono [navigation path] can.exe

Or, and tis is easier, type mono, leave a space, and just drag the can.exe into the Terminal window. Hit enter, then it should launch.

Did that and I got it to work now. Thanks!

Quick question on the CKAN/Kerbalstuff integration, and the presence of mods in the CKAN list...

I saw that Ambient Light Adjustment updated on KerbalStuff and has a "CKAN" tag next to its name. However, I don't see it in CKAN at all.

On the other side, my mods, such as Modular Rocket Systems, which is in CKAN for sure, doesn't have a tag on KerbalStuff.

Just curious how all of this is controlled, and why I'm not seeing some mods in CKAN that supposedly are there (I checked the various filters, such as incompatible, all, not installed, etc).

Thanks! :)

Edited by NecroBones

When you click the "download latest release" link, you get taken to a page with options to download only source code. Where can I get the EXE's ?

It's normally there - they must have just forgotten to put EXE's up also?

I delete mod parts I don't use. Very few of the big mods I have are as downloaded. Will that cause any problems with CKAN? In other words, does CKAN perform any sort of automatic file verification/correction on already installed mods, or is it just limited to downloading mods you specifically tell it to update in each session? I haven't tried it yet, and I'm not entirely sure how it works in that respect.

I've done something similar with a few mods. CKAN will work fine, but every time you uninstall or update such a mod you'll get a bunch of error messages -- it'll still work, but it'll complain that it can't find the files that you deleted so that it can delete them itself.

Bear in mind that on update it will re-add the parts it removed, and you'll have to delete them again. You might want to consider using a ModuleManager config to hide the parts, or writing a custom .ckan file to filter them out of the install.

Hi, no, it shouldn't cause any problems, in theory (if it happens, please report it immediately so that we can fix it :) ). ckan does not verify the integrity of the mod after it has been installed, so it should be safe to remove parts from a mod.
I've done something similar with a few mods. CKAN will work fine, but every time you uninstall or update such a mod you'll get a bunch of error messages -- it'll still work, but it'll complain that it can't find the files that you deleted so that it can delete them itself.

Bear in mind that on update it will re-add the parts it removed, and you'll have to delete them again. You might want to consider using a ModuleManager config to hide the parts, or writing a custom .ckan file to filter them out of the install.

Exactly what I needed to know. I'll definitely look into making a custom file. Thanks, guys.

I dont have a clue how to use this program. Theres no download button for the mods?

When you have selected mods to install you click the new "page" up at the top named "Changeset" and then in the lower right corner you click "Apply" and CKAN installes the chosen mods.

This would have to be the single most useful tool for modded installations. Well, maybe the second after ModuleManager! I added a link to the Mono project's instructions for up-to-date Ubuntu installations to the Wiki page.

This would have to be the single most useful tool for modded installations. Well, maybe the second after ModuleManager! I added a link to the Mono project's instructions for up-to-date Ubuntu installations to the Wiki page.

Thanks for your contribution! :)

Another question, Are updates auto found (like a bot goes out and know's when the update hits?)

So yea, I'll admit a bit of a loaded question because I noted the following tonight: AIES showed up tonight as available to install, it hasn't been updated since .23 ( it's one of my favorite mods but I haven't used it in a while). In order to function under .25 you needed a MM patch , so I'm not sure how that showed up when Alternate Resource panel, is NOT showing up for install, yet is updated to .90 compatibility.