The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

EVE is still refusing to update. Also, when it fails, the CKAN menu goes grey and I have to restart CKAN.

I *think* it's trying to update to the version that's already installed, but I can't be sure, EVE doesn't appear to have version info in the mod folder.

Again, everything else is working fine, it's just EVE that is stuffing things up. When I want to update other mods I have to go back to the 'manage mods' tab and untick EVE.

THIS IS AWESOME :sticktongue:

Wait, no linux version :huh:

Just kidding, but will try it eventually.

Here's the commands to make the Linux version:

chmod a+x ckan.exe
mv ckan.exe $LOCAL_BIN/ckan

And there you go, it's a Linux application now! :-P

after some month away from KSP i'm very happy that someone build a autoupdater for all the mods.

But i directly found some annoying behaviour with it.

Some mods where autodetected and can't be forced to update with CKAN. So i decided to delete them and recheck. One of them was module manager. After module manger was deleted i tried to refresh CKAN.

It couldn't refresh anymore as a mod dependet on module manager. Uninstalling this mod was not possible, as it dependet on module manager.

So i was stuck. I then deleted all mods completly. Same again. Only after i deleted the CKAN folder in KSP it was possible to recheck the mods and make changes.

Maybe an option for "force update and overwrite of files" would be nice.

*edit*

another thing.... if 1 download fails (for me it where 3 from kerbalstuff) nothing is changed. The rest is not installed.

Edited by Ringkeeper

hey pjf, I have made an Mac application. you can download it an post it here if you want, or take it down. all i ask is for my name to be mentioned in the thread if you choose to post it.

to install you just unzip and drop it in your applications folder otherwise it won't work. Here is the link: http://www./download/tt30p6c7183yuwv/CKAN.app.zip You still must install the mono workaround though:) The Mono Workaround may be gotten Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrjnv7p8zj1rh5u/MonoFramework-MDK-3.10.0.26.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg?dl=0

Edited by planetsabc

Hey is anything going to be done about CKAN not being able to download anything more than 40MB or so without thinking the downloads have just timed-out? I imagine it's a simple fix, get rid of timeing-out since it is causing so many problems.

after some month away from KSP i'm very happy that someone build a autoupdater for all the mods.

But i directly found some annoying behaviour with it.

Some mods where autodetected and can't be forced to update with CKAN. So i decided to delete them and recheck. One of them was module manager. After module manger was deleted i tried to refresh CKAN.

It couldn't refresh anymore as a mod dependet on module manager. Uninstalling this mod was not possible, as it dependet on module manager.

So i was stuck. I then deleted all mods completly. Same again. Only after i deleted the CKAN folder in KSP it was possible to recheck the mods and make changes.

Maybe an option for "force update and overwrite of files" would be nice.

*edit*

another thing.... if 1 download fails (for me it where 3 from kerbalstuff) nothing is changed. The rest is not installed.

CKAN tries to either do all the requested changes or none of them. If a download times out, cannot be located etc. it will roll back whatever changes it made so the state of your KSP GameData folder should be the same as before your started the operation.

Hey is anything going to be done about CKAN not being able to download anything more than 40MB or so without thinking the downloads have just timed-out? I imagine it's a simple fix, get rid of timeing-out since it is causing so many problems.

If the timeout is related to mods hosted on github, I think the limitation is from their side with regards to how many downloads you can perform in a short period of time.

If the timeout is related to mods hosted on github, I think the limitation is from their side with regards to how many downloads you can perform in a short period of time.

The CKAN Dev themself said on a reddit post 2-ish weeks ago that the timeing out on mods over about 30 to 40MB is caused by a piece of pretty daft code that says if a download is taking more than a few seconds it's 100% timed out, and will cause CKAN to stop all furthur downloads and return to the menu. A big problem if you want to download any part packs, which is, urm...everyone.

Hi,

I am very new forum member, and this first post is dedicated to this great mod that help us immensely. Great job!

Is any way to save a mods list configurations from ckan and export to another ckan instance? that will help a lot of mods list export and sharing between players (like darkmultiplayer) or saving different configurations of KSP flavors.

Thanks for any respons.

The CKAN Dev themself said on a reddit post 2-ish weeks ago that the timeing out on mods over about 30 to 40MB is caused by a piece of pretty daft code that says if a download is taking more than a few seconds it's 100% timed out, and will cause CKAN to stop all furthur downloads and return to the menu. A big problem if you want to download any part packs, which is, urm...everyone.

I just tried downloading 4 large part packs into a fresh install to see if I could get the issue to pop up (AIES, FASA, KW and NovaPunch). None of them were hosted on github, and I had no issues getting them down on the latest CKAN version. But then again, I tried the same with a bunch of mods hosted on github without error as well, and I expected that test to crash and burn. I know I've seen the error you mention before, and would love to try and hunt it down. Can you recall what you were trying to install/update the last time you had it?

Hi,

I am very new forum member, and this first post is dedicated to this great mod that help us immensely. Great job!

Is any way to save a mods list configurations from ckan and export to another ckan instance? that will help a lot of mods list export and sharing between players (like darkmultiplayer) or saving different configurations of KSP flavors.

Thanks for any respons.

CKAN should already automatically save a list of all your installed mods to a file called "installed-default.ckan" in the CKAN folder under your KSP directory. Using that file, all the mods can be installed using the command line by "ckan.exe install -c path-to-installed-default.ckan". I don't know if there is a way to do this using the GUI.

CKAN should already automatically save a list of all your installed mods to a file called "installed-default.ckan" in the CKAN folder under your KSP directory. Using that file, all the mods can be installed using the command line by "ckan.exe install -c path-to-installed-default.ckan". I don't know if there is a way to do this using the GUI.

Cool! Very helpfully, maybe in future we can have a save/load ckan package (with a name). That will add value to this great tool.

It would be lovely to have a fixed link to the latest exe NOT including a build number.

Instead of

https: // github.com / KSP-CKAN... download/v.1.5.6/ckan.exe

provide a link like this:

https: // github.com /KSP-CKAN /CKAN/releases/download/latest/ckan.exe

And make it ALWAYS point to the latest release.

This would allow everyone to simply update ckan with a script or similar.

PLEASE!!

Edited by dr.phees

It would be lovely to have a fixed link to the latest exe NOT including a build number.

Instead of

https: // github.com / KSP-CKAN... download/v.1.5.6/ckan.exe

provide a link like this:

https: // github.com /KSP-CKAN /CKAN/releases/download/latest/ckan.exe

And make it ALWAYS point to the latest release.

This would allow everyone to simply update ckan with a script or similar.

Downloads the latest version:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
ckan_ver=$(curl -s 'https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/latest' | sed -r 's/.*tag\/v(.*)\">.*/\1/')
ckanexe_url='https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/download/v'"${ckan_ver}"'/ckan.exe'
curl -L -o "ckan.exe" "${ckanexe_url}"

Finally I got soem time to try this. Sorry if there is already asked, but is it possible to add custom URL/dependencies as addition to official CKAN repositories ?

For example, I would like to add some mods that is still in development like B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts or Adjustable Landing Gears, not officialy updated, but works fine in V0.90, still CKAN don't allow to install it.

I'm aware that I could mess up something with it, but that will be my fault, should not complained about it, but it will be nice if it is possible to make such repository for easier maintenance of my personal set of mods, suported or not trough CKAN officialy.

Another feature will be helpfull to other moders and should be easy to make.

List of installed mods with version numbers, but not in list with checkbox like it is now, rather in plain memo box, so it could be easy copied in clipboard and pasted to forum when someone asks for help with mod developer.

Or even better, do that in memory, not in visible memo and just add "Copy list of installed mods" button and put list of installed mods in clipboard. It will be easier for users to provide info that moders request for debug.

Last, but not least important it will be good to put custom "exclude" list from some mod. For example B9 mod is great and I like it, but I didn't make any craft with HX parts and I delete them to make some space in memory for parts from other mods.

I can do it manualy, but each time B9 updates it will install all parts again, so I again need to manualy delete them. Custom "exclude" folder from inside mod will be nice too. It is little harder to make such feature properly, but should not be imposible.

Otherwise it is realy great addition to KSP, thanks.

I just tried downloading 4 large part packs into a fresh install to see if I could get the issue to pop up (AIES, FASA, KW and NovaPunch). None of them were hosted on github, and I had no issues getting them down on the latest CKAN version. But then again, I tried the same with a bunch of mods hosted on github without error as well, and I expected that test to crash and burn. I know I've seen the error you mention before, and would love to try and hunt it down. Can you recall what you were trying to install/update the last time you had it?

'Twas RSS. However you can eventually get it all downloaded by just spamming the CKAN to download over and over again, and eventually your cache will fill with the right mods, but jeez does it take forever :P

The error was simply a timeout error. After a while downloading a large-ish mod, it will display 3 downloads that timed-out, for some reason. Maybe in the code it says if 3 mods time out cancel all downloads? There seems to be a lot of high-level/superficial code that needs either tweaking or deleting relating to downloads :)

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm trying to install mod manually, since some don't appear in the list. How do you do that ?

Normally all mods have instructions for installation in their respective threads, I'd start by looking there.

I just downloaded the latest (Gravity Turn), overwrote my previous EXE, and ran it. CKAN client is now crashing, saying it can't connect to the repository because the given key is not in the dictionary.

Same here. Did you by chance update Java today? The registry is a .json file. (Please don't throw stones at me if Javascript has nothing to do with Java, I don't know better!)

Just a quick note that the `given key not in the registry` error is fixed.

It was a problem with the metadata which I've reverted, but I have no idea *why* that particular commit is causing problems. (It's also 4:30am in Australia, so my ability to debug is impaired right now.)

Restart your client and all should be well.

~ pjf

Just a quick note that the `given key not in the registry` error is fixed.

It was a problem with the metadata which I've reverted, but I have no idea *why* that particular commit is causing problems. (It's also 4:30am in Australia, so my ability to debug is impaired right now.)

Restart your client and all should be well.

~ pjf

After adding the Amsterdam Mirror in CKAN Settings I am getting a variation (?) of the problem "Given key not in the dictionary" error upon starting CKAN. Is there a delay between main and mirror or something?