The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Hi!

Everything works perfectly thanks! But I can't find the KSP version column so I have to check manualy each time to see if a mod has been updated to 1.0, is this a bug, a feature or am I a complete blind idiot?

I don't see one either but don't remember one. Just came by to ask for it as a feature request.

CKAN only shows the mods that are compatible with the version of the KSP install you selected. If you are using KSP 1.0, then all the mods shown are for KSP 1.0; if you are still on KSP 0.90, all the mods shown are for KSP 0.90 :)

With 1.0 I started using CKAN and I'm really impressed - well done and a nice tool!

But with usage come the quesions :)

Is there a way to "disable" a mod - a.k.a. make it dissapear from the list / blacklisting it?

Would be nice to sort out the stuff one will/want never use to shorten the list.

And second: Are there no plugins for the program or am I only too blind to find em?

Just popping in to state my love for CKAN. Every time the game gets an update is when I really get to appreciate what CKAN does for me. No longer do I have to spend hours to verify if my many dozens of mods have already received a necessary update, CKAN does it all with a single click. Keep rocking!

CKAN only shows the mods that are compatible with the version of the KSP install you selected. If you are using KSP 1.0, then all the mods shown are for KSP 1.0; if you are still on KSP 0.90, all the mods shown are for KSP 0.90 :)

Yeah, I thought I read something like this around here, a tag for the compatible KSP version for a mod, however, with new version, still show up lots of out-dated mods, some of them reportedly not working, like EVE and texture replacer for example.

Maybe the ones who added their config files didn't add up this information?

Greetings! First time user of CKAN and apparently I am a bit dense!

Following the instructions posted here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/wiki/User-guide all went well up until the point the guide indicates I should "just tick (or untick) the corresponding checkbox." After checking multiple boxes for mods, no "Changeset" tab ever appears as the guide states it should. Of course, as a result, I am unable to actually download/installed mods using CKAN.

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Edit: Upon doing further research it seems the "Changeset" tab disappears when I check the box for either "Astronomer's Pack: 4K" or "Astronomer's Visual Pack."

Edited by Bandus

Any possibility of cleaning up the repository list to get rid of deprecated mods? For example, ResetSAS is on the list for 1.0 but the modder deprecated it since his bugfix is now stock. Also back in 0.90, all of Universal Storage's mods were collected into one single mod at some point, yet the original individual (and deprecated) mods were still on the list. Things like this make the CKAN repository messy and inaccurate!

With 1.0 I started using CKAN and I'm really impressed - well done and a nice tool!

But with usage come the quesions :)

Is there a way to "disable" a mod - a.k.a. make it dissapear from the list / blacklisting it?

Would be nice to sort out the stuff one will/want never use to shorten the list.

And second: Are there no plugins for the program or am I only too blind to find em?

This does not exist right now but there is some discussion on the subject over at github iirc.

Just popping in to state my love for CKAN. Every time the game gets an update is when I really get to appreciate what CKAN does for me. No longer do I have to spend hours to verify if my many dozens of mods have already received a necessary update, CKAN does it all with a single click. Keep rocking!

:D

Yeah, I thought I read something like this around here, a tag for the compatible KSP version for a mod, however, with new version, still show up lots of out-dated mods, some of them reportedly not working, like EVE and texture replacer for example.

Maybe the ones who added their config files didn't add up this information?

Right now we're depending on a lot of user feedback to get everything in order. 1.0 was released yesterday and there's only so much we can do. As for EVE the people in the EVE thread report it as working :S http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-24-7-4-Sep-9-2014-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/page448

Greetings! First time user of CKAN and apparently I am a bit dense!

Following the instructions posted here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/wiki/User-guide all went well up until the point the guide indicates I should "just tick (or untick) the corresponding checkbox." After checking multiple boxes for mods, no "Changeset" tab ever appears as the guide states it should. Of course, as a result, I am unable to actually download/installed mods using CKAN.

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Edit: Upon doing further research it seems the "Changeset" tab disappears when I check the box for either "Astronomer's Pack: 4K" or "Astronomer's Visual Pack."

That edit is helpful! Even more helpful would be a github issue which we can track :)

Any possibility of cleaning up the repository list to get rid of deprecated mods? For example, ResetSAS is on the list for 1.0 but the modder deprecated it since his bugfix is now stock. Also back in 0.90, all of Universal Storage's mods were collected into one single mod at some point, yet the original individual (and deprecated) mods were still on the list. Things like this make the CKAN repository messy and inaccurate!

I'll kill off ResetSAS. The reason deprecated mods stay around is that we currently lack a good way of removing mods from the repositories without screwing over the users who have them installed, CKAN is still under development and this feature have seen a fair bit of discussion.

Edited by Dazpoet

Hi!

I'm wonder if I'm the only one who is seeing mods being updated in Kerbalstuff (and having a CKAN "tag") but these updated versions not being available in CKAN itself; i.e. Editor Extension 2.3 in CKAN, while Kerbalstuff has v2.6 as current, or Mechjeb2 Dev release v2.5.0.0-345 being available in on the external site, but only v2.4.2.0-435 being available via CKAN.

I absolutely LOVE using CKAN, but these issues force me to download the mods externally, which is something I'd rather not do, but am forced to, given that the versions listed in CKAN aren't compatible with KSP v1.0. Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by halrick
A minor mistake

Hi!

I'm wonder if I'm the only one who is seeing mods being updated in Kerbalstuff (and having a CKAN "tag") but these updated versions not being available in CKAN itself; i.e. Editor Extension 2.3 in CKAN, while Kerbalstuff has v2.6 as current, or Mechjeb2 Dev release v2.5.0.0-345 being available in on the external site, but only v2.4.2.0-435 being available via CKAN.

I absolutely LOVE using CKAN, but these issues force me to download the mods externally, which is something I'd rather not do, but am forced to, given that the versions listed in CKAN aren't compatible with KSP v1.0. Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

Editor Extensions has been poked. MJ-dev will be poked in due time.

CKAN shows MJ 2.5.0, but Editor Extensions still shows 2.3 for me as well.

See above.

Nice stuff, congrats.

Is it possible to get multiple games and choose mods for each one ?

This will require you to have multiple installed versions of KSP but yes. You can switch between installs and have different modpacks for each one. In a terminal just write 'ckan ksp' and you can probably figure it out from there :) In GUI I think the multiple install things are under Settings->CKAN settings.

Hi there, I am a heavy mod user and I primarily play on a mac. I am interested in using this mod tool, but I cannot figure out how to install it. You say it can be done on mac's easily, but I am having some issues. If you could clarify installation steps for a mac user that would be appreciated.

Hi there, I am a heavy mod user and I primarily play on a mac. I am interested in using this mod tool, but I cannot figure out how to install it. You say it can be done on mac's easily, but I am having some issues. If you could clarify installation steps for a mac user that would be appreciated.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/wiki/Installing-CKAN-on-OSX

Ok, from my experience it is far from perfect especially now where so many mods are updated... but it seems cool and reduces lot of work.

I wish I could update mods that I manually installed with this tool.

edit: I found some mods on KerbalStuff that are marked as CKAN, that are updated to 1.0, but do not appear in CKAN (like kOS Classic)

edit 3: Stock Bug Fix is missing its homepage in CKAN.

Btw. I would love to copy the in CKAN shown addresses for the mods into my clipboard. (Due to the fact that my standard browser isn't my set as my standard browser ... cause I don't like that several installers and programs open websites without my consent ... they are all now redirected into a super secure browser in .... mode [it is in pron mode all the time .. doesn't know anything else ... it also has disabled any tracking method that was possible to disable].)

edit 4: it is missing planet shine which is updated ... but it has the option to install libaries that depend on planet shine and then complains that planet shine does not exist. however if planet shine is installed it complains that planet shine is installed.

Edited by Bizz Keryear
1. added some infos, 2. spelling

Ok, from my experience it is far from perfect especially now where so many mods are updated... but it seems cool and reduces lot of work.

I wish I could update mods that I manually installed with this tool.

edit: I found some mods on KerbalStuff that are marked as CKAN, that are updated to 1.0, but do not appear in CKAN (like kOS Classic)

edit 3: Stock Bug Fix is missing its homepage in CKAN.

Btw. I would love to copy the in CKAN shown addresses for the mods into my clipboard. (Due to the fact that my standard browser isn't my set as my standard browser ... cause I don't like that several installers and programs open websites without my consent ... they are all now redirected into a super secure browser in .... mode [it is in pron mode all the time .. doesn't know anything else ... it also has disabled any tracking method that was possible to disable].)

Our indexing bot is having a lot to do and it seems to have killed it for a while, awaiting a dev to give it a whack. The reason CKAN doesn't handle manually installed mods is because it cannot guarantee consistency without knowing what it installed, I don't forsee this changing.

As for copying to clipboard I recommend you open an issue and do a feature request on github.

I can't find the USI Exploration Pack from RoverDude :-(

It depends on ModuleRCSFX which doesn't seem to be out for 1.0 yet, at least not on CKAN.

Shouldn't it still show up with the incompatible filter ?

Strictly speaking the mod isn't incompatible, rather it's hidden due do a dependency not being updated. Ergo it doesn't show up as incompatible.

ok, I am having issues installing CKAN on mac.

I downloaded latest version and Mono, but when I go to the terminal to activate it, nothing happens.

what my terminal code looks like

NAME-MacBook-Pro:~ NAME$ cd Downloads

NAME-MacBook-Pro: downloads NAME$ mono /Users/NAME/Downloads/ckan.exe

obviously NAME is replacement for my RL name for privacy purposes

ok, I got past the terminal phase, but now when I tri to add CKAN to my KSP directorry it keeps popping up a error. Even when I select my KSP files, it errors out.

Edited by Verios44

ok, I am having issues installing CKAN on mac.

I downloaded latest version and Mono, but when I go to the terminal to activate it, nothing happens.

what my terminal code looks like

NAME-MacBook-Pro:~ NAME$ cd Downloads

NAME-MacBook-Pro: downloads NAME$ mono /Users/NAME/Downloads/ckan.exe

obviously NAME is replacement for my RL name for privacy purposes

Seeing as you're in the folder where ckan.exe is you only need to write 'mono ckan.exe'

If you got the latest mono, which I assume was 4.something CKAN might have some troubles. Try getting 3.12.1 instead. If this resolves the issue _please_ report back since we're starved for someone acctually testing this.

Does doing stuff with commandline work? try some commands like 'mono ckan.exe update' or 'mono ckan.exe list' and see if says anything.

If something seems to happen before it kicks you into another row on terminal (e.g. it takes a while) try 'mono ckan.exe --debug <command>' and see if it says anything about what fails.

Seeing as you're in the folder where ckan.exe is you only need to write 'mono ckan.exe'

If you got the latest mono, which I assume was 4.something CKAN might have some troubles. Try getting 3.12.1 instead. If this resolves the issue _please_ report back since we're starved for someone acctually testing this.

Does doing stuff with commandline work? try some commands like 'mono ckan.exe update' or 'mono ckan.exe list' and see if says anything.

If something seems to happen before it kicks you into another row on terminal (e.g. it takes a while) try 'mono ckan.exe --debug <command>' and see if it says anything about what fails.

I actually got it to finally work, I tried to state that in a edit in my OP.

After terminal did its thing which did take forever the following happens

1. a screen opens up asking to activate ckan. Easily done

2. after activation, ckan opens up using mono as a wrapper ( I persume anyway)

3. my new issue is getting ckan to recognize I have mods installed in my ksp files

UPDATE , I decide to try to refresh ckan and now I have a list of alot more mods than I have installed. How does it work from here?

Edited by Verios44