The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

FirespitterCore is now removed from CKAN 1.0 compatibility listing. We're actively searching for an alternate solution.

ATM should now be fixed and properly show up as version 5.0. I'd like to point out that even though x64 was discontinued for Windows there very much exists a 64bit client for linux users.

In GUI you can choose to display incompatible mods. However mods that are compatible but lack dependencies are not in either list right now.

Can this be changed ? Or add a filter that shows all mods without checking for compatibility ?

why are certain things that were showing as compatible now being removed? Like most of the USI stuff?

USI has not been removed as compatible, it is still marked for 1.0 in our metadata. FirespitterCore (the .dll that many mods depend on, among them USI mods) have however been marked down to 0.90 based on above discussion and testing. USI mods will return once we have a working solution to supplying the Firespitter.dll file through CKAN.

USI has not been removed as compatible, it is still marked for 1.0 in our metadata. FirespitterCore (the .dll that many mods depend on, among them USI mods) have however been marked down to 0.90 based on above discussion and testing. USI mods will return once we have a working solution to supplying the Firespitter.dll file through CKAN.

Yeah i just noticed that Squad just updated KSP to 1.0.1 though ugh, so annoying, not you daz or CKAN i mean Squad

Yeah i just noticed that Squad just updated KSP to 1.0.1 though ugh, so annoying, not you daz or CKAN i mean Squad

Yeah 1.0.1 is something of a problem acctually. Assessing now

EDIT: For mod authors who maintain their own .netkan or .ckan files. ksp_version 1.0 is good, 1.0.0 makes things not show up. Everything in NetKAN should be fixed, we've started looking at CKAN-meta.

Edited by Dazpoet

FYI downloads from Curse are ridiculously slow.. like 90-100 kBytes/second. However, I get the same speeds from a browser, so it's not CKAN's fault.

This makes downloading the 380 MB Astronomer's Visual Pack take over an hour. Ugh.

By comparison I'm seeing normal speeds from other sites (KerbalStuff, Github).

After failing to download twice via CKAN (taking an hour each time, sigh), I downloaded the file via the browser and then set about to figure out how to stuff it into CKAN's cache. So, for the record:

1. Figure out the URL CKAN is trying to download by running "ckan install -d xxxxx". You'll see a line like "764 [1] DEBUG CKAN.NetFileCache (null) - Checking cache for https://xxxxx/xxxxx.zip". It doesn't matter where you actually download from, but you need this URL for step 3.

2. Download the file, name it anything

3. Get the SHA1 of the URL from step 1 (http://www.sha1-online.com), copy the first 8 letters of the result. Not the SHA1 of the file; you want the SHA1 of the URL string!!

4. Rename the file xxxxxxxx-whatever.zip, where xxxxxxxx is the first 8 letters from step 3

5. Move it to KSP\CKAN\downloads

6. Load up CKAN and install as normal

Considering using CKAN. One question: When updating a mod, does it redownload the whole thing or does it only download the changed and the new stuff?

I'm guessing it redownloads?

When you update a mod CKAN basically uninstalls your current version and then installs the new one. So yes it will download the .zip of the new version. If you are however uninstalling a mod and then later re-install the same version it will use the cached .zip you've downloaded earlier.

Thanks. Good to know. Sad that it won't properly "update" instead of re-installing.

Could this become a functionality? Modders could update the whole mod, while those who already have it could "update" using a patch that has the changed and/or the new stuff.

Thanks. Good to know. Sad that it won't properly "update" instead of re-installing.

Could this become a functionality? Modders could update the whole mod, while those who already have it could "update" using a patch that has the changed and/or the new stuff.

Open a github issue

CKAN checks your install to see which version you're running. Then it checks our metadata in the mod repository which mods to offer you based on your version. Everything you see after a refresh is marked in our metadata as compatible with your version of KSP.

Then why did I see mods offered marked for 0.9 when I'm on KSP 1.0 ?

- - - Updated - - -

When you update a mod CKAN basically uninstalls your current version and then installs the new one. So yes it will download the .zip of the new version. If you are however uninstalling a mod and then later re-install the same version it will use the cached .zip you've downloaded earlier.

What does that do with mods that save settings in a config.xml? Does it blow away the settings?

Then why did I see mods offered marked for 0.9 when I'm on KSP 1.0 ?

What does that do with mods that save settings in a config.xml? Does it blow away the settings?

I need examples of mods to be able to answer why you see them.

You'll need to talk to someone more privy to the inner workings of CKAN-core to get a perfect answer to your question about config.xml but my assumption would be that yes, it blows stuff away. I base my answer on https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/15

I need examples of mods to be able to answer why you see them.

You'll need to talk to someone more privy to the inner workings of CKAN-core to get a perfect answer to your question about config.xml but my assumption would be that yes, it blows stuff away. I base my answer on https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/15

WHOOOOOO, this is most definitely a major issues. Lots of mods depend on custom configurations, their own workings and functionality are an example, but most importantly manual changes that take a lot of time.

Normally this isn't an issue in regular package managers, as most user configuration files are kept "safely" in the user's directory.

Mono is fully updated. Running linux mint 17, fresh install, fresh install of steam, fresh install of KSP 1.0.2. Here is the error message I get when running CKAN as root from the terminal:

2316 [1] ERROR CKAN.AutoUpdate (null) - WebException while accessing https://api.github.com/repos/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/latest: System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0xffffffff800b010a
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.RemoteValidation (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientContext context, AlertDescription description) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.validateCertificates (Mono.Security.X509.X509CertificateCollection certificates) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.ProcessAsTls1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage.Process () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage:Process ()
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientRecordProtocol.ProcessHandshakeMessage (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsStream handMsg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.InternalReceiveRecordCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse (System.Net.WebRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebClient.ReadAll (System.Net.WebRequest request, System.Object userToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataCore (System.Uri address, System.Object userToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0xffffffff800b010a
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.RemoteValidation (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientContext context, AlertDescription description) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.validateCertificates (Mono.Security.X509.X509CertificateCollection certificates) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.ProcessAsTls1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage.Process () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage:Process ()
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientRecordProtocol.ProcessHandshakeMessage (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsStream handMsg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.InternalReceiveRecordCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse (System.Net.WebRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebClient.ReadAll (System.Net.WebRequest request, System.Object userToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataCore (System.Uri address, System.Object userToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Now I don't know what I'm looking at, but it looks like a server side problem. Or is it?

Hi guys! I have a problem with this update of CKAN. I have used CKAN in .90 and in KSP 1.0 for weeks, no problem. After the update, the interface of CKAN doesn't show me but the program is still open in the background and i can't click nothing.

uKNcAOX.jpg

What can i do?

I run a fresh install of KSP 1.0.2 on a 32-bit windows 8

I wish there was. It says it only gets the mods that have been listed for a particular version but that's plainly not the case. I wonder what's going on there.

Hi guys! I have a problem with this update of CKAN. I have used CKAN in .90 and in KSP 1.0 for weeks, no problem. After the update, the interface of CKAN doesn't show me but the program is still open in the background and i can't click nothing.

http://i.imgur.com/uKNcAOX.jpg

What can i do?

I run a fresh install of KSP 1.0.2 on a 32-bit windows 8

look in the CKAN directory for a file called GUIConfig.xml and open it in notepad

find where x and y are defined and if they are both -32000 then set them to a more sensible figure like 200

save and run ckan

WHOOOOOO, this is most definitely a major issues. Lots of mods depend on custom configurations, their own workings and functionality are an example, but most importantly manual changes that take a lot of time.

Normally this isn't an issue in regular package managers, as most user configuration files are kept "safely" in the user's directory.

If the mod generates a .config file after it's installation that file will stay. E.g. ModuleManager creates files upon usage and those are kept even if ModuleManager is created. CKAN will only change files which have been installed through CKAN.

Mono is fully updated. Running linux mint 17, fresh install, fresh install of steam, fresh install of KSP 1.0.2. Here is the error message I get when running CKAN as root from the terminal:

2316 [1] ERROR CKAN.AutoUpdate (null) - WebException while accessing https://api.github.com/repos/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/latest: System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0xffffffff800b010a
System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0xffffffff800b010a

Now I don't know what I'm looking at, but it looks like a server side problem. Or is it?

You need to run 'mozroots --import --ask-remove'

NOTE: That command is user-specific so if you run CKAN as root you need to also run mozroots as root.

Is there a way to tell from the CKAN interface which mods have been updated for 1.0+?

All mods visible to you when using a 1.0.x install are available for you. If you're still at 1.0 there is no way to see which mods are available for 1.0.x through GUI I think.

I wish there was. It says it only gets the mods that have been listed for a particular version but that's plainly not the case. I wonder what's going on there.

You need to list mods which incorrectly appear/don't appear for us to be able to fix it.