The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Is there a way to tell from the CKAN interface which mods have been updated for 1.0+?
I wish there was. It says it only gets the mods that have been listed for a particular version but that's plainly not the case. I wonder what's going on there.
Well, one of the mods which CKAN is listing at the moment is Real Roster which not only isn't being updated anymore, but has had the download removed and so simply gives an error when you attempt to install it.

I agree that CKAN could do with a way to see a mod's supported game version.

Some mods are listed for 1.0, but are 0.90, 0.25, or even 0.23. The only way to find this out is by clicking the provided link, but then some mods don't have this, or the links (and in some cases the mod itself) are deprecated as the mod is in a new thread or under different management.

Okay, I'm looking for clarification on how the

"ksp_version" : "1.0"

works.

None of my mods broke in KSP 1.0.2, so their current versions are all good for KSP versions 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2

Does leaving my ksp_version at 1.0 mean it will show on all three of those versions, or do I need to switch to using the ksp_min_version and ksp_max_version instead?

D.

Well, one of the mods which CKAN is listing at the moment is Real Roster which not only isn't being updated anymore, but has had the download removed and so simply gives an error when you attempt to install it.

I'll look into fixing that one tonight, thanks! :)

I agree that CKAN could do with a way to see a mod's supported game version.

Some mods are listed for 1.0, but are 0.90, 0.25, or even 0.23. The only way to find this out is by clicking the provided link, but then some mods don't have this, or the links (and in some cases the mod itself) are deprecated as the mod is in a new thread or under different management.

I can do nothing to fix your issue without information about the mods in question. At times thread titles do not accuratly reflect the currently supported version of a mod. We do our very best to ensure compatibility through contacts with authors and checking through threads for confirmation that the mods work for the versions added into the metadata.

Neither KerbalStuff nor Curse offer the KSP 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 versions. So should I just label my mod with 1.0 there?
Okay, I'm looking for clarification on how the
"ksp_version" : "1.0"

works.

None of my mods broke in KSP 1.0.2, so their current versions are all good for KSP versions 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2

Does leaving my ksp_version at 1.0 mean it will show on all three of those versions, or do I need to switch to using the ksp_min_version and ksp_max_version instead?

D.

I've done some testing of the system and these are my findings.

Mods marked for version 1.0 will work for _ALL_ KSP versions 1.0.x

Mods marked for 1.0.z will _ONLY_ work for KSP version 1.0.z

Mods marked for ksp_version_min 1.0 will work for _ALL_ KSP versions >=1.0, including 1.0.x and 1.y.x aswell as z.y.x

Mods marked for ksp_version_max 1.0 will work for _ALL_ KSP versions =<1.0.x (not confirmed, but logic dictates this will be the case)

Mods marked for ksp_version_min 1.0.0 and ksp_version_max 1.0.99 (I've seen this one hence the example) will work for KSP versions 1.0.x where 0=< x =<99 but will _NOT_ work for 1.y.z

The best way to handle your mods working for multiple versions is a well updated and thought through .version file in a directory specified for installation in the mods .netkan file. Adding a ' "$vref" : "#/ckan/ksp-avc" ' field to your .netkan file and following the rules outlined at https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/blob/master/Spec.md#vref will allow your mod to work on all versions you want it to.

With some luck I or somebody else will have the time to make a wikipage on this subject in the future, I'm sorry for the confusion.

So I'm having issues trying to install Kerbal Alarm Clock with CKAN. The version in CKAN says it is 3.2.3.0, the version released is 3.3.0.1. If I install it then it does not show in KSP. when I go to uninstall it then I get two lines in the changelog, one for 3.2.3.0 and another for 3.3.0.1. Removing works fine.

If I go to the download link in the KAC thread and manually install it works fine.

Not sure where the glitch might be but I thought I'd post the issue.

Getting the following errors:

227259 [1] ERROR CKAN.ErrorDialog (null) - Failed to download "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/348/Near Future Construction/download/0.5.0" - error: RecvError
232385 [1] ERROR CKAN.ErrorDialog (null) - Failed to download "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/350/Near Future Spacecraft Parts/download/0.4.0" - error: RecvError

I can successfully download from those links in my browser. I have had no problems downloading other parts including Near Future Solar which was released basically at the same time by the same author also from KS.

Most recent version of CKAN on MacOS X 10.10.3.

Update:

CKAN client on MacOS X still suffers from the problem that transfer speeds plummet unless you are actively moving the mouse. If I kept the mouse moving continuously during the transfer, it was successful. Might be coincidence, but it's possible that the client isn't polling properly without the active input and timed out the download. These are reasonably large part mods. They aren't the largest I've downloaded, but they're in the top 10.

Edited by johnsonwax

So I'm having issues trying to install Kerbal Alarm Clock with CKAN. The version in CKAN says it is 3.2.3.0, the version released is 3.3.0.1. If I install it then it does not show in KSP. when I go to uninstall it then I get two lines in the changelog, one for 3.2.3.0 and another for 3.3.0.1. Removing works fine.

If I go to the download link in the KAC thread and manually install it works fine.

Not sure where the glitch might be but I thought I'd post the issue.

We're looking into it https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/1114

You rock for real. Worked like a charm.

Thank you!

Getting the following errors:

227259 [1] ERROR CKAN.ErrorDialog (null) - Failed to download "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/348/Near Future Construction/download/0.5.0" - error: RecvError
232385 [1] ERROR CKAN.ErrorDialog (null) - Failed to download "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/350/Near Future Spacecraft Parts/download/0.4.0" - error: RecvError

I can successfully download from those links in my browser. I have had no problems downloading other parts including Near Future Solar which was released basically at the same time by the same author also from KS.

Most recent version of CKAN on MacOS X 10.10.3.

Update:

CKAN client on MacOS X still suffers from the problem that transfer speeds plummet unless you are actively moving the mouse. If I kept the mouse moving continuously during the transfer, it was successful. Might be coincidence, but it's possible that the client isn't polling properly without the active input and timed out the download. These are reasonably large part mods. They aren't the largest I've downloaded, but they're in the top 10.

I know about the mouse having to be active issue but I'm acctually not sure there's a github issue about it, please open one to let the devs know!

RecvError in CKAN is often a website saying "I don't like you right now, please try again later". Seeing as it worked later I'd assume this was the case here aswell.

In GUI you can choose to display incompatible mods. However mods that are compatible but lack dependencies are not in either list right now.

AH! NOW I see it! I had to recompile and debug the code to see where this was - the search button is not a search button - it's a combo list! :confused:

Fantastic tool, BTW - it does way more stuff than I realized!

It looks exactly like all the buttons, which is confusing. You may want to adding a triangle to the icon that shows that it's a combo button, and not a regular button like the rest next to it. It is also not showing "All" the mods - only "All Compatible" mods.

It looks like there is no way to install incompatible mods. Many mods are actually compatible with newer versions - IMHO it should be up to the user whether to take the risk and install them. Perhaps with a Yes/No dialog confirming that the user wants to install incompatible mods?

Incidentally, I have hacked up my own version of the GUI that does what I suggested above. If you agree to my suggestions and are interested, I can send you the changes. :cool:

AH! NOW I see it! I had to recompile and debug the code to see where this was - the search button is not a search button - it's a combo list! :confused:

Fantastic tool, BTW - it does way more stuff than I realized!

It looks exactly like all the buttons, which is confusing. You may want to adding a triangle to the icon that shows that it's a combo button, and not a regular button like the rest next to it. It is also not showing "All" the mods - only "All Compatible" mods.

It looks like there is no way to install incompatible mods. Many mods are actually compatible with newer versions - IMHO it should be up to the user whether to take the risk and install them. Perhaps with a Yes/No dialog confirming that the user wants to install incompatible mods?

Incidentally, I have hacked up my own version of the GUI that does what I suggested above. If you agree to my suggestions and are interested, I can send you the changes. :cool:

We're always happy to see PRs and I recommend you send it in for review so devs can see it and discuss it on github :)

Hey I'm the author of the K2 Command Pod. Earlier yesterday I published an update to support KSP 1.0 and labeled my mod as version 1.2 in Kerbalstuff. It updated to CKAN just fine. Then late last night I published a minor update (added updated license info to the zip file) and labeled my mod as version 1.2.1 in Kerbalstuff. It still hasn't shown up in CKAN and I'm not sure why... The NetKAN file looks fine (to me). If I need to edit something, let me know. And if there's a better place to report the problem, same thing - just let me know. Thanks.

Here's the mod's Kerbalstuff page: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/445/K2%20Command%20Pod

Hey I'm the author of the K2 Command Pod. Earlier yesterday I published an update to support KSP 1.0 and labeled my mod as version 1.2 in Kerbalstuff. It updated to CKAN just fine. Then late last night I published a minor update (added updated license info to the zip file) and labeled my mod as version 1.2.1 in Kerbalstuff. It still hasn't shown up in CKAN and I'm not sure why... The NetKAN file looks fine (to me). If I need to edit something, let me know. And if there's a better place to report the problem, same thing - just let me know. Thanks.

Here's the mod's Kerbalstuff page: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/445/K2%20Command%20Pod

CKAN is _extremely_ prickly with licenses and how they are written. The change of license made our bot unable to index your mod. I've resolved the issue and it should be indexing the new version soon.

CKAN is _extremely_ prickly with licenses and how they are written. The change of license made our bot unable to index your mod. I've resolved the issue and it should be indexing the new version soon.

Thanks. I don't plan to update the license again. Just had to make some changes to conform to the KSP Mod policy.

Quick question-- How would I go about added a dependency (or recommended mod) to one of my mods? SpaceY started using MM for a tech tree addition. It'll still work without MM, but I think it should be treated as a "preferred" or "recommended" option now.

I bought the game before the Steam release, so I have to download it from the official website. I tried both the zip and exe installer, and when I add the directory to CKAN, it says not valid directory both times. How can I fix this?

Quick question-- How would I go about added a dependency (or recommended mod) to one of my mods? SpaceY started using MM for a tech tree addition. It'll still work without MM, but I think it should be treated as a "preferred" or "recommended" option now.

You can either send a PR to change the .netkan file or open a github issue to have us fix it :) Either of those is a much prefered way to putting it in this thread where we're more likely to miss it.

EDIT: Something like this https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/1124

I bought the game before the Steam release, so I have to download it from the official website. I tried both the zip and exe installer, and when I add the directory to CKAN, it says not valid directory both times. How can I fix this?

Do you have a readme.txt in your KSP root directory?

Edited by Dazpoet

I`m sorry about my English!

First of all, it`s a good prog!!! But...

When I install mods through CKAN, my downloading is very, very slow! Why...? (when i download mod from it`s thread link - downloading speed is OK!)

What is your OS and what version of CKAN are you using?