The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

KSP API extension is updated for 1.0.2 - (used by many other mods), but still not showing up on CKAN repository.

Please, someone with github account open issue there.

Done and merged.

Why can't you do that yourself?

Probably because they aren't familiar with GitHib and how PRs work. They were in no way rude, just asking for help :)

- - - Updated - - -

That means you selected the wrong folder or the folder is invalid. Make sure the folder you select has everything that came in the download and try again.

Edited by Coffeeman

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, I may have overlooked it... With the latest GUI (1.6.16), I am unable to create new KSP install locations. When I go to Settings > CKAN Settings > Choose another KSP install, it just reloads the GUI for the current install. It also doesn't allow me to select or create KSP installs when I first start up CKAN like it used to. Only way I could create a new KSP install location with CKAN GUI was to start the CKAN exe in the new KSP directory itself. Is this a new intended behavior that I have missed (this is the first time since 1.0 was released that I have more than 1 KSP install with CKAN)? I hope this behavior has not changed since I found it convenient to use CKAN as a common launcher for multiple KSP installs. Thanks to anyone that can answer!

That means you selected the wrong folder or the folder is invalid. Make sure the folder you select has everything that came in the download and try again.

I unpacked the game in this folder.

D:\рð÷ýþõ\ksp\102\ksp_win

Maybe this utility has problems with Cyrillic encodings ?

I unpacked the game in this folder.

D:\рð÷ýþõ\ksp\102\ksp_win

Maybe this utility has problems with Cyrillic encodings ?

Most probably. Altough most modern software should be able to recognize UTF8 local codepage, not always works properly.

Does not hurt to try it in different folder, like "raznoe" instead of cyrillic encoding or whatever suits you best.

For various reasons, many still use KSP 0.90.

Using CKAN against a fresh KSP .90, installing anything with an RPM core dependency fails.

I believe versioning is to blame in this instance, as CKAN is looking for a v 0.19.1 RasterPropMonitor Core at https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/download/v0.19.2/RasterPropMonitor.0.19.2.1.zip. From what i could see on GH, there is no v 19.1 in the v 19.2 release, but I may have misread something somewhere. The exact error returned:

Failed to download "https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/download/v0.19.2/RasterPropMonitor.0.19.2.1.zip" - error: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Two questions...

1. This is more of a request. Can you please add the version number into the download filesname.exe? I end up with ckan,exe, ckan(1).exe, ckan(2).exe, ckan(3).exe... in my download folder and then can't figure out what the heck I have downloaded.

2. Why can't CKAN manage any mods that are supported that I have already installed manually? Why make me uninstall nearly 30 mods just so I can reinstall them with CKAN? It seems to me it would not be that hard to do. I mean CKAN detects mods I have installed why not give an option to replace any detected mod that is already installed?

Hello guys, and many thanks to whoever has been supporting/developping this mod manager, great and so much needed job!

My problem is game crashes on start if I install Astronomer's pack mod. I've been using Renaissance Compilation for a year, but it is not available in CKAN so I've been trying Astronomer's pack in sostitution but I guess I can just avoid it.

If you're intrested in giving it a look, I'm putting on DropBox the crash report (couldnt find the way to attach the file, sorry:huh:).

Crash report folder

I believe that currently just loading the Astronomers pack takes over 3.5 GB RAM, the limit at which KSP gives up and crashes

Also, can anyone install TAC life support? I just get an error and it doesnt go to the changes menu

2. Why can't CKAN manage any mods that are supported that I have already installed manually? Why make me uninstall nearly 30 mods just so I can reinstall them with CKAN? It seems to me it would not be that hard to do. I mean CKAN detects mods I have installed why not give an option to replace any detected mod that is already installed?

The Migration Tool plugin written by nlight works well for installing automatically detected mods.

Developing the CKAN may become my part-time job!

This is some pretty exciting news for me, and also for anyone who uses the CKAN! The Open Source Developers' Conference has awarded me a matching grant on my Patreon contributions, up to $500 AUD per month, for six months. This means for every dollar pledged in my Patreon campaign, OSDC will match it, meaning all your contributions effectively double. This applies to both new and existing pledges.

What does this mean for you?

As a CKAN user, you can expect to see a lot of improvements rolling out over the next six months, as the amount of paid time I can spend on the project has been effectively doubled. While I'm certainly not the only developer on the project (our team is amazing), I'm very excited about the opportunity to put some serious time into some of the tougher and most requested features. Things I'd particularly like to see include:

• Utilising our infrastructure to to protect against network throttling or sites being down.
  • The ability to port manually installed mods over to CKAN control as a first class feature.
  • Loading the CKAN core directly into KSP, with the potential for mods can be managed from the main menu.
  • Better handling for mods which create or change files after installation, or which overwrite the files of other mods.

Needless to say, there's a lot of things I'd like to be doing, and with over nine thousand active users, and dozens of active contributors, there's absolutely no shortage of things for me to work on.

What does this mean for me?

With my Patreon contributions effectively doubling overnight, we're just a whisker away from hitting my double-sprint goal, and I'm already arranging co-working space and plenty of coffee so I can complete this later in the month. What's more, some of my really big funding goals seem a lot more achievable. There's a real chance that working on the CKAN may become my part-time job.

This grant, along with the support of my new and existing patrons, gives me the security that I can spend more of my business hours working on CKAN development and still pay the bills.

If you're already a supporter, even if you've just said "thank you" here on the forums or elsewhere, then thank you so much, it really means a lot to me how many people enjoy the project that I helped start, and I've been blown away by the generosity and enthusiasm of the KSP community. You all rock! <3

Someone once said that programmer is just a tool that converts coffeine into source code :D

Pretty much valid for all programmers, no metter what kind of software you develop. Best luck with your part-time job, all comunity will benefit from this.

First of all, thank you so much for creating CKAN! It really makes managing mods and especially updating them a breeze.

I've got a suggestion regarding the repo refreshing process. I'd really like to see what exactly changed when I refresh the metadata. Maybe something akin to the update column in the interface telling me which mod packs have been updated (even if I they were'n installed before) and which mods were added. That way you can easily tell when your favorite KSP 0.90 mod has been updated to 1.0 and when a mod you had your eyes on for a while might have fixed a bug you had when you first tried it.

There's another quality of life update that comes to mind. I'd like to be able to sort the list of mods by the installed and update columns.

And here's something a little more complex: Being able to save and restore a mod profile. Profile meaning a list containing the mods you have installed as well as their versions. That way you can try a large number of mods and mod constellations and are still able to easily revert to a working state.

The KW Rocketry package is not installing the ModuleAnimatedEmissive directory to GameData that is required by the emissive on the engines. The manifest needs adjusting to include this directory.

The KW Rocketry package is not installing the ModuleAnimatedEmissive directory to GameData that is required by the emissive on the engines. The manifest needs adjusting to include this directory.

Pull request already exists.

Found a bug. I uninstalled all my mods and tried to reinstall all of them again from the backed up .ckan file. It asked me to choose one of the Distant Object Enhancement preset. I chose default and continued. Then I got the error message saying there's already a config for Astronomer's pack despite that I didn't choose that. I even deleted all the mods from GameData folder but still got the same message.

Please see the error message below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First this from installing mod tab:

About to remove:

Done!

The following inconsistencies were found:

DistantObject-default v1.5.5 conflicts with AstronomersPack-DistantObjectEnhancement Interstellar.V2, can't install both.

Error!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the pop up error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentException: Mod installed-default is not in the list

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ReasonStringFor(Module mod)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.ReasonStringFor(Module mod)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.get_ConflictList()

at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(Registry registry, IEnumerable`1 changeSet, KSPVersion ksp_version)

at CKAN.Main.UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts(Registry registry)

at CKAN.Main.ModList_CellValueChanged(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.SetValue(Int32 rowIndex, Object value)

at CKAN.Main._MarkModForInstall(String identifier, Boolean uninstall)

at CKAN.Util.Invoke[T](T obj, Action action)

at CKAN.Main.PostInstallMods(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ckan

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jingquan%20Guo/Desktop/CKAN.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Microsoft.CSharp

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.Dynamic

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by hbkmog

I find it very rude of the CKAN people posting all over the threads about CKAN not work right or because the modder don't use CKAN there not using the mod because there little time is worth more then the modders after they have spent there little time modelling and writing cfg for all us to play with how rude of you people.

I thought when CKAN started it wasnt going to be any added work on the modders end, That some one was going to keep it all up to date and now just about any thread you goto there is some one posting a problem or there dislike that the mod don't use CKAN.

Remember they spend what little time they have to model and write plugins for us to use, Please remind them every one's time is worth the same.

Sorry for the outburst.

before I knew CKAN needed to be manually updated (thanks again, zengei)

I installed a mod using CKAN.

It then updated and CKAN didn't detect the update so I manually installed it.

CKAN now recognizes the latest version, but because I added it manually, it says AD in the installed column and autodetected dll in the Installed version column

If I remove the mod and try running CKAN again I get an exemption error.

It won't load until I put the mod back in the Game Data folder.

What do I do now?

I find it very rude of the CKAN people posting all over the threads about CKAN not work right or because the modder don't use CKAN there not using the mod because there little time is worth more then the modders after they have spent there little time modelling and writing cfg for all us to play with how rude of you people.

I thought when CKAN started it wasnt going to be any added work on the modders end, That some one was going to keep it all up to date and now just about any thread you goto there is some one posting a problem or there dislike that the mod don't use CKAN.

Remember they spend what little time they have to model and write plugins for us to use, Please remind them every one's time is worth the same.

Sorry for the outburst.

That's fair and all. However, there have also been cases where third-parties have added CKAN manifests for mods, and this has been upsetting and/or disconcerting to the modder making it, or worse, has been done poorly so that the modder has had to field support requests because it did not install the mod correctly. It's one of those situations where it would be ideal if modders came on board of their own accord, but if they choose not to, there's going to be a risk of problems one way or another. Many package managers have faced this and still do - JavaScript development (my profession) has its share, especially given that there are multiple competing package managers of differing features and quality out there (npm, bower, etc.). It does not seem to have a good solution, other than telling people to be polite and to not step on toes.

That's fair and all. However, there have also been cases where third-parties have added CKAN manifests for mods, and this has been upsetting and/or disconcerting to the modder making it, or worse, has been done poorly so that the modder has had to field support requests because it did not install the mod correctly. It's one of those situations where it would be ideal if modders came on board of their own accord, but if they choose not to, there's going to be a risk of problems one way or another. Many package managers have faced this and still do - JavaScript development (my profession) has its share, especially given that there are multiple competing package managers of differing features and quality out there (npm, bower, etc.). It does not seem to have a good solution, other than telling people to be polite and to not step on toes.

In the spirit of reducing modders time being taken up with CKAN related issues I would think the best way forward is to automate the process as much as possible so modders don't need to come on board but this would put the onus onto the devs of CKAN to write code to do that. The integration with KerbalStuff is a good example. AFAIK that reduces the input from modders a great deal.

At the end of the day some people will always get it wrong and hassle the wrong person though.