The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but would you consider having CKAN create symlinks between the various download folders? It would save a lot of bandwidth and put an end to having to create/delete them manually every time an install is added or removed.

CKAN v1.12.0 aka Veil Nebula released

[h=3]Bugfixes[/h]

• [GUI] Hitting cancel is much more likely to actually cancel an install-in-progress (Postremus, #1325)
  • [GUI] Fewer crashes when double-clicking on an auto-detected mod (Postremus, #1237)
  • [Cmdline] ckan compare fails more gracefully when called without arguments (Postremus, #1283)
  • [Cmdline] ckan show more accurately displays the cached filename (mgsdk, #1266)
  • [Core] We fail more gracefully when mod metadata can't be downloaded (Postremus, #1291)

[h=3]Features[/h]

• [GUI] Installed mods can now be exported as a "favourites list" via File -> Export Installed Mods. Imported favourites lists allow the user to choose which mods they get, and will install the latest versions available for the user's version of KSP. (Postremus, #972)
  • [GUI] Enter and escape can be used to accept and cancel changes when editing the command-line dialog (Postremus, #1318)
  • [GUI] Yes/no dialog boxes have a more descriptive title (plague006, #1312)
  • [GUI] Downloading a file to the cache shows the download in progress, and refreshes the contents viewer when complete (Postremus, #1231)
  • [GUI] On first start we always refresh the modlist, with an option to do so each time the CKAN is loaded (Postremus, #1285)
  • [Core] KSP instance names now default to the folder in which they're installed (Postremus, #1261)
  • [Core] Processing an updated mod list is now faster, and other speed enhancements (Postremus, #1229)
  • [Core] Metadata is now downloaded in .tar.gz rather than .zip format, resulting in much faster downloads (pjf, #1344)
  • [spec] install_to can now target Ships/ subdirectories (dbent and plague006, #1243 #1244)

[h=3]Internal[/h]

• [NetKAN] Cached files have more descriptive file extensions (mgsdk, #1308)
  • [NetKAN] A warning is generated if a file without a .netkan extension is processed (mgsdk, #1308)
  • [NetKAN] We better handle null values in retrieved metadata (dbent, #1324)
  • [NetKAN] Better handling of license strings with leading and trailing spaces (dbent, #1305)
  • [Core] We no longer try to use libcurl on systems where the .NET web classes are sufficient (dbent, #1294)

[h=3]Notes[/h]

• Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed.
  • Linux users, please apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev or yum install libcurl-devel if you have not already done so.
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please mozroots --import --ask-remove if you're a new user, to update mono's certificate store.
  • This release made in memory of Noirin; from star stuff we are made, and to star stuff we shall return.

Instell inc. isn't showing up on CKAN for me despite being on kerbal stuff and 1.0.4 compatible. Has it just not been updated or... (I have CKAN 1.6.10 but I'm just about to update to the latest CKAN)

- - - Updated - - -

Still doesn't show up on the latest CKAN version either.

- - - Updated again - - -

On CKAN it still comes up as being for 1.0.2 and won't let me install it.

When you download mods, do you have to move them from the downloads folder to you gamemode or does KSP Load them up automaticly?

Linux user (64 bit) here. Unfortunately CKAN crashes for me all the time. I can pretty reliably make it crash while trying to download large mods (like the RSS textures); but at least using the GUI, I also had it randomly crash at all other opportunities, such as browsing the mod list or just letting it sit around for a while. I was hoping that it's just the GUI, so I tried installing RSS using the command line, and it still crashes.

Seems like the backtrace is not very helpful, but here it goes: http:// http://pastebin.com/AGsYvcHA

I have no clue how to debug this, but leaving it here anyway :( It makes CKAN pretty unreliable to use, and the real bad thing is that sometimes it crashes during installation and completely screws up my KSP install.

Is there anything I could do to get this resolved?

Linux user (64 bit) here. Unfortunately CKAN crashes for me all the time. I can pretty reliably make it crash while trying to download large mods (like the RSS textures); but at least using the GUI, I also had it randomly crash at all other opportunities, such as browsing the mod list or just letting it sit around for a while. I was hoping that it's just the GUI, so I tried installing RSS using the command line, and it still crashes.

Seems like the backtrace is not very helpful, but here it goes: http://pastebin.com/AGsYvcHA

Woah, that is crashtastic! It looks a lot like this curl bug, which apparently is fixed in later versions of libcurl. I don't suppose you can share which OS you're using, and the output of `curl --version`?

Instell inc. isn't showing up on CKAN for me despite being on kerbal stuff and 1.0.4 compatible. Has it just not been updated or... (I have CKAN 1.6.10 but I'm just about to update to the latest CKAN)

- - - Updated - - -

Still doesn't show up on the latest CKAN version either.

- - - Updated again - - -

On CKAN it still comes up as being for 1.0.2 and won't let me install it.

The mod author decided to change the name of the mod's folder between versions 1.5.2 and 1.6. Folder name changes will always break CKAN's ability to automatically update mod releases. At any rate, I've manually corrected it and the 1.6 release should be available within 3 hours of this post.

Woah, that is crashtastic! It looks a lot like this curl bug, which apparently is fixed in later versions of libcurl. I don't suppose you can share which OS you're using, and the output of `curl --version`?

Sure I can :) Running Gentoo Linux.

curl 7.43.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.43.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2d zlib/1.2.8

Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp

Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP UnixSockets

Now, the bug report you linked me to is pretty interesting. My version of curl is much newer, but by default Gentoo builds it without asynchronous DNS. I'll enable the adns USE flag and see if it helps with CKAN... I'll report back.

I've just noticed that InfernalRobotics hasn't been updating - causing KSPAPIExtensions errors. The reason? It looks like the version number changed from "v0.21.2" -> "0.21.3" e.g. dropped the v. I'm not sure where this problem originates but maybe something to autodetect?

I've just noticed that InfernalRobotics hasn't been updating - causing KSPAPIExtensions errors. The reason? It looks like the version number changed from "v0.21.2" -> "0.21.3" e.g. dropped the v. I'm not sure where this problem originates but maybe something to autodetect?

We would love to autodetect it, but the bots don't have a way of comparing the current version to old versions at the moment and it'll be costly time-wise for someone to code it in, but if you're willing: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN-bot

At any rate, IR is fixed.

Can't get the latest version to launch at all. I'm running Ubuntu, and using Mono to run the exe, but nothing happens. The terminal window reports the following -

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at CKAN.RegistryManager.AscertainDefaultRepo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.RegistryManager.LoadOrCreate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.RegistryManager..ctor (System.String path, CKAN.KSP ksp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.RegistryManager.Instance (CKAN.KSP ksp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.KSP.get_RegistryManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.KSP.get_Registry () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.KSP.ScanGameData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Main.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Haven't ruled out that I'm doing something stupid, but don't know what. Previous versions ran fine. Open to suggestions.

Firstly, thank you very much to the authors of this mod. It has made playing this game SO much better!

Secondly - my apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I did do a thread search, and couldn't find the answer I needed.

Issue: I had a few mods pre-installed before I found CKAN. One of which is Module Manager. It shows up as "AD" under the "Installed" column. Some of the others, I was able to delete them manually, and then re-add back through CKAN, so that CKAN can track the mod and let me install updates as they become available. However, when I try this with Module Manager, CKAN crashes on startup.

The error window states: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Exception of type "CKAN.InconsistentKraken" was thrown."

So...how can I get CKAN to let me update Module Manager without having to start KSP over from a fresh install?

Thanks!

Whenever I start CKAN I am getting the following error, any help would be appreciated. It works as normal.

Ubuntu 14.04

KSP 1.0.4

Error in autoupdate:

Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

Any help would be appreciated

Have you followed the instructions re. adding keys from the installation notes?

Mac/Linux/Mono users: please mozroots --import --ask-remove if you're a new user, to update mono's certificate store.
Edited by steve_v

Thanx for the awesome mod manager!

Also, I wanna ask is there any way to automatically delete only outdated caches in \CKAN\downloads\ after we installed the latest version of mods?

I'm on Linux Mint 17.2, and I'm having trouble with CKAN. When I first ran it, I chose my KSP directory. Then I go to the mod list. I can choose to install mods with the checkbox, but it never actually installs them if I go to changesets and press apply. It just stays there forever, saying it's updating the selected mods and they're about to install. I left it on overnight, and there was no change. I can download to cache, but it has no effect on whether or not it installs. I did both of the things in the install notes. What could be going wrong?

EDIT: Restarting fixed the problem. No idea what caused it though.

Edited by Zekario

Have you followed the instructions re. adding keys from the installation notes?

Yes, tried those. No luck, alas. Thanks for the suggestion though.

*Update* Got CKAN working again by removing the CKAN folder and reinstalling* Though now my problem is it thinks all my mods are pre-installed and will no longer update them. Sigh.

Edited by BinaryBad

Hi, I just bought a new Macbook able to run KSP.

I wanted to transfer all my mods installed on my Windows PC to it, so I exported a .ckan list file but the Ckan on mac can't read it. It just runs indefinitely displaying "Updating selected mods". I don't know if it is a known issue or if I did something wrong.