The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Any plans to make a native Mac app for CKAN, I am very against using 3rd party stuff (Mono) to get other stuff (CKAN, Etc) to run. And since I mainly use macs where I'm just a user, not an admin as I'm used to (public library) I cannot really get poeple to get me admin passwords.

There are currently no plans for platform-specific releases.

Hey, there!

Until now CKAN always worked like charm, but it seems that i have run into a problem suddenly.

When starting CKAN it claims that the current KSP install directory is not valid KSP directory....

I haven't changed anything since i last used CKAN, just started my computer and wanted to check for updates.

I never got that error and i haven't even installed a new mod.

EDIT:

Problem solved!

It simply couldn't find the games version number in readme.txt

Edited by Drelam

Any plans to make a native Mac app for CKAN, I am very against using 3rd party stuff (Mono) to get other stuff (CKAN, Etc) to run. And since I mainly use macs where I'm just a user, not an admin as I'm used to (public library) I cannot really get poeple to get me admin passwords.

Potentially. There's been discussions on this github issue, and @desplesda (who's tagged in the ticket opening) literally wrote the book on Swift, along with iOS game development, and Objective C. Given that Mono seems to have its own very special bugs under OSX, any sort of native-appearing app for OSX would be amazing in giving our users a smoother experience. (It'd probably still use mono underneath, but hopefully the user needn't care, in the same way that you wouldn't know that KSP uses Mono and Unity under the hood without looking.)

If you've got experience with Mac development, we'd love the help, we don't have anywhere near as many OSX contributors as we'd like!

Without going into too much detail (unless requested by a dev, but I think they're aware of these issues), the linked release of Mono in the OSX install guide will NOT work...

Holy smokes! I'm a dev, and I totally want more details! Actually, if it's this install guide that we're discussing, then I'd love it even more if you can update it! If you're logged in with github (accounts are free, and only take a moment to create) then you should get an edit button. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, it's super-easy for us to roll things back if anything goes wrong.

Ok, total newbie here, least concerning CKAN.. Is there just a simple .dmg that'll install the program/app on my iMac w/o monkeying with terminal commands? I can't seem to get mono running and frankly don't like the idea of having to use it. For heavens sake - I just want to experience all the outstanding claims like everyone else.. lol Any help would be beyond greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, if this is the wrong place to pose this question just call me out and I'll move it elsewhere. Thanks soooo much.

Hi I'm not sure if this has been brought up in the past but I have noticed that the mod 'Kerbal Galaxies 2' is not in the current list of mods at least not for the 1.0.4 version of the game, in fact i even checked the list in the list of none compatible mod's section of the filter, however i have been assured that KG 2 is compatible with 1.0.4.

So my first question is am i doing something wrong if so what? or is it listed under another name?. Second question is if it's not on the list is it possible for you to get it added on to the list of of available mod's? I ask this because although i consider myself fairly IT literate, I am by no way capable of understanding scripting so i wouldn't really know what i am doing if i tried to install it manually, I love this program you have it fantastically amazing, and i don't just mean as in for people like myself It is really without a doubt a Master piece of art that you have created, and I would much rather prefer and trust using your program to install the mod than manually doing myself even if i was given step by step instructions.

Either way I hope your able to get back to me, and I thank you in advance if you do, or for anyone else that is able to answer any of my problems.

Happy Gaming'

Vitavoro

Hi I'm not sure if this has been brought up in the past but I have noticed that the mod 'Kerbal Galaxies 2' is not in the current list of mods at least not for the 1.0.4 version of the game, in fact i even checked the list in the list of none compatible mod's section of the filter, however i have been assured that KG 2 is compatible with 1.0.4.

Can you post a link to the mod's thread? it doesn't appear to have been added to CKAN yet, but I'd be happy to do so.

Can you post a link to the mod's thread? it doesn't appear to have been added to CKAN yet, but I'd be happy to do so.

Sure:

KSP Forum's - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125078-WIP-1-0-2-Kopernicus-KerbalGalaxy-2-0-7-New-star-system!?highlight=KerbalGalaxy

Curse - http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/231536-kerbalgalaxy-2

Wasn't sure which one you want to load it from so here is both i check Kerbal Stuff but seems its not been uploaded to that site.

Also in another thread i started i was asking about other planets/ galaxy mods that was about as i haven't seen many, and someone was kind enough to post a nice comprehensive list of what mods was out there, so if you want, and don't mind spending the time adding more mod's to CKAN, I would be happy to use that list and do the leg work in finding all the web links for you, or i could just post the thread and you can see the list for yourself.

Also there is also Galactic Neighborhood - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/128856-WIP-1-0-4-Galactic-Neighborhood-Integration-of-multiple-planet-packs-in-the-same-game?highlight=KerbalGalaxy

This also tells you which planet packs work it and what is being worked on next along with link's to ones that are compatible already.

e.g The Boris System which also isn't in CKAN - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70018

EDIT: I'm not sure if these two Galaxy mod's work with each other hopefully you can figure/find out if they are (i really hope so as they both look amazing), as KerbalGalaxies 2 has a huge new range of new systems and planets as you can but the other would mean you could keep adding more as Galactic Neighborhood got updated.

Edited by Vitavoro

CKAN v1.14.2 aka Makemake released!

a0491168-5c8b-11e5-9eb7-14694ce39e47.png

Changes since v1.14.1:

Bugfixes

• [GUI] Numerical columns can now be sorted numerically. (Postremus, #1420)
  • [GUI] Clicking on rows in suggests, recommends, and requirement pickers now selects the whole row, not just the cell clicked. (Postremus, #1438)

Features

• [GUI] Updating the list of available mods will no longer clear user selections. (Postremus, #1402)
  • [GUI] Mods can be search by abbreviation by typing directly into the modlist, as well as the search bar. (Postremus, #1430)
  • [GUI] Mods can be filtered by locally cached status (Postremus, #1426)

Internal

• [updater] Checking for updates takes less network resources, and is more resilient to malformed release notes. (Postremus #1410; pjf #1453)
  • [Core] We now cache the results of cache look-ups (so you can cache while you cache... faster). (pjf, #1454)

Notes

• Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed.
  • Linux users, please apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev or yum install libcurl-devel if you have not already done so.
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please mozroots --import --ask-remove if you're a new user, to update mono's certificate store.

Release image courtesy NASA / Hubble Space Telescope (public domain).

Is there any way for the user to modify the Linux GUI? I'm running in Ubuntu 15.04 at 1920/1200 resolution, and the GUI text is pretty small and difficult to read, especially as compared to my Windows version. (I run a dual boot system, and in Windows I can set a global setting to display all fonts at 150%, which I'm used to. Is there just a Linux setting that I haven't found yet?)

Otherwise, awesome utility you got here!

My CKAN version updates are failing. When I try to update CKAN to the newest version via the popup/prompt that you might get when you first load up CKAN, the update process almost immediately crashes and the CKAN .exe disappears from my KSP folder. The CKAN folder remains though.

Ultimately not a big deal. I instead have to download the new CKAN version from Github, and all my installed mods are still checked. But I was wondering if there's a fix?

Using Windows 10. This has happened for the past two or three previous updates too, when I was using Windows 8.

Hi,

I updated ckan yesterday as usual but after the update I instantly get a virus alert from AVG:

2lDVIb5.png

I'm pretty sure ckan doesn't contain anything like this but I had to inform you.

I also double checked my computer and I even installed ckan on my work computer and the result is the same...

can you use non-CKAN mods alongside this?

Yes you can

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Politas, is there any news on my last post to you, which was me answering your last question to me?:confused:

Sure:

KSP Forum's - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125078-WIP-1-0-2-Kopernicus-KerbalGalaxy-2-0-7-New-star-system!?highlight=KerbalGalaxy

Wasn't sure which one you want to load it from so here is both i check Kerbal Stuff but seems its not been uploaded to that site.

Also in another thread i started i was asking about other planets/ galaxy mods that was about as i haven't seen many, and someone was kind enough to post a nice comprehensive list of what mods was out there, so if you want, and don't mind spending the time adding more mod's to CKAN, I would be happy to use that list and do the leg work in finding all the web links for you, or i could just post the thread and you can see the list for yourself.

Also there is also Galactic Neighborhood - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/128856-WIP-1-0-4-Galactic-Neighborhood-Integration-of-multiple-planet-packs-in-the-same-game?highlight=KerbalGalaxy

This also tells you which planet packs work it and what is being worked on next along with link's to ones that are compatible already.

e.g The Boris System which also isn't in CKAN - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70018

EDIT: I'm not sure if these two Galaxy mod's work with each other hopefully you can figure/find out if they are (i really hope so as they both look amazing), as KerbalGalaxies 2 has a huge new range of new systems and planets as you can but the other would mean you could keep adding more as Galactic Neighborhood got updated.

Sure:

Sorry to take so long to get back to this, I've been working. During my shift cycle, I don't get a lot of time for KSP.

Oh, boy. That is one heck of a can of worms. From what I can tell, it looks like the two galaxy mods would be incompatible. KSP's (or PhysX's) system relies on a single centre for everything to orbit, and both Galaxy mods supply that. There would need to be an extra mod that would re-home both galaxies, and put Kerbol into just one of them, or something like that, if it is even possible.

This profusion of Kopernicus-based mods is something that I think we need to look at before rushing ahead. I've raised an issue on the Netkan Github to discuss this. Ideally, CKAN should group all the Kopernicus planet/galaxy packs together in the same way we do with Contract Configurator.

In the specific case of KerbalGalaxy 2, there are some issues with the way the mod is packaged, overwriting Kopernicus' config file. Galactic Neighborhood looks to be built with compatibility in mind. It's on Github and it has AVC versioning, for example. Much easier to add to CKAN.

Since the release of 1.14.1 I can't start CKAN anymore without getting a .NET Error Message. It seems like it has problems getting Data from the internet. If I choose to ignore the error message the GUI shows up with no problems (except empty Listviews) but crashes as soon as I want to click something. Before 1.14.1 everything worked as it should. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Error Message here: http://pastebin.com/cmThMtrS

Some additional information:

• Running on Windows 10 64-Bit
  • Admin rights enabled for CKAN
  • Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 installed
  • Filepath: A:\Spiele\Kerbal Space Program\ckan.exe

Edit: Just had a quick look around in the CKAN folder and deleted GUIConfig.xml Now it works without any error messages on startup.

Edit 2: No it gets really weird. I replaced the text inside the new XML-file with the text of the old one and it works without any problems. I'm really confused right now.

Differences in XMLs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dpb9i7gv5vvug8/NewOld.PNG?dl=0

Greets, Yannick

Edited by jhaas

Is there any way for the user to modify the Linux GUI? I'm running in Ubuntu 15.04 at 1920/1200 resolution, and the GUI text is pretty small and difficult to read, especially as compared to my Windows version. (I run a dual boot system, and in Windows I can set a global setting to display all fonts at 150%, which I'm used to. Is there just a Linux setting that I haven't found yet?)

Otherwise, awesome utility you got here!

Anyone?

You've come across one of Ubuntu's headaches. There's a utility package called Ubuntu Tweak that you can install easily which will let you adjust your global font settings. Should still be available for Ubunto 15.04 (I'm sticking with LTS releases, so I'm on 14.04)

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak

You'll need to restart CKAN to see the effect.

Sorry to take so long to get back to this, I've been working. During my shift cycle, I don't get a lot of time for KSP.

Oh, boy. That is one heck of a can of worms. From what I can tell, it looks like the two galaxy mods would be incompatible. KSP's (or PhysX's) system relies on a single centre for everything to orbit, and both Galaxy mods supply that. There would need to be an extra mod that would re-home both galaxies, and put Kerbol into just one of them, or something like that, if it is even possible.

This profusion of Kopernicus-based mods is something that I think we need to look at before rushing ahead. I've raised an issue on the Netkan Github to discuss this. Ideally, CKAN should group all the Kopernicus planet/galaxy packs together in the same way we do with Contract Configurator.

In the specific case of KerbalGalaxy 2, there are some issues with the way the mod is packaged, overwriting Kopernicus' config file. Galactic Neighborhood looks to be built with compatibility in mind. It's on Github and it has AVC versioning, for example. Much easier to add to CKAN.

Thanks for getting back to me, even if you can get one of those mods working that would be fantastic, so I wish you the best with Galactic Neighborhood, but i also hope your able to get Kerbal Galaxy 2 working if they get back to you and sort what need to fix to make that happen.

Also even if there is no possible way for both mods to run just having one to choose from, or even having both which we can choose either or depending on which ever someone prefer's would be amzaing, either way keep up the great work, you really have made an amazing program. I look forward to hear any update's on the subject.

Hi I keep getting the following message when downloading the mods for RSS RP-0 and RO

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,

or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file

that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.1 via the CKAN,

then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/@thumbs/SPH/FAR Blitzableiter.png

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

At the minute all i have in my Game directory is the squad file. nothing else so not sure what to uninstall???

Hi I keep getting the following message when downloading the mods for RSS RP-0 and RO

Oh no!

and try again.

At the minute all i have in my Game directory is the squad file. nothing else so not sure what to uninstall???

I think RO installs FAR by default: as it is a requirment for RO, it is installed with RO and other mods (Real Fuels, Real Chutes, KJR...) so you can't install it yourself because it is indeed already installed.

So don't worry about it: install RO, and enjoy FAR :wink:

Oh no!

and try again.

I think RO installs FAR by default: as it is a requirment for RO, it is installed with RO and other mods (Real Fuels, Real Chutes, KJR...) so you can't install it yourself because it is indeed already installed.

So don't worry about it: install RO, and enjoy FAR :wink:

I don't think you addressed his question. He's trying to install RO and CKAN is under the impression that there's an overwrite problem.

C3nturionsparta, since you specified that you only have the Squad folder in your GameData, implying a naked install, I suggest you purge and reinstall. If you're using Steam, right click KSP in your game library, select "delete local content," and then reinstall from scratch. Then re-run CKAN and report back.

- - - Updated - - -

You've come across one of Ubuntu's headaches. There's a utility package called Ubuntu Tweak that you can install easily which will let you adjust your global font settings. Should still be available for Ubunto 15.04 (I'm sticking with LTS releases, so I'm on 14.04)

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak

You'll need to restart CKAN to see the effect.

I'm running into an issue with installing ubuntu-tweak, but I'll troubleshoot that separately and report back. I throw an error in Terminal when attempting to add the repository and then update to recognize it. I'm aware of the web download, but I prefer to add repositories from commandline whenever possible. Thanks for the info.

Edit: It appears that the ppa:tualatrix/ppa is throwing fetch-404-not-found errors on the apt-get update. As a result, the install ubuntu-tweak is erroring out due to no packages found.

Edit2: Yeah, http://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ppa/ubuntu/dists/vivid/(...) doesn't exist. It terminates at Trusty 14.10. Thanks, though!

Edit3: I surrendered and ran the browser install. Neat little gizmo. I found several useful settings, but I'm still not sure which font category is responsible for the CKAN gui, as I increased all available fontsizes with no visible change in CKAN, including after quitting and restarting.

Edited by MisterFister
Edit3

Oye vey. Running into my own troubleshooting issues in Linux 64-bit, I decided to export my .ckan, uninstall the game, delete the files, and reboot. I thereby reinstalled from Steam, and then made new folders on my desktop to support multiple versions (which I hadn't had before.)

I redownloaded CKAN.exe (mono remained installed from before) and now CKAN quits to dekstop with no visible error message whenever I try to load from my .ckan file. This is true with new .ckan files that I made for testing purposes just now as well as the one I backed up from before.

Am I doing something wrong? The size of the .ckan doesn't seem to determine my outcome, but it might be worth mentioning that my intended .ckan contains ~125 mods at this time.

Edited by MisterFister