The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Quick question for the CKAN bods who know:

If x version of mod has an AVC that says it's 1.0.4 compatible, and then y version says that it's 1.0.5 compatible, will CKAN be intelligent enough to deliver version x to 1.0.4 users and y to 1.0.5?

Or is it going to work how I think it is, and 1.0.4 users just won't be offered the mod because the latest indexed version is not compatible?

Make sure that ckan.exe is in the correct folder. If you're just booting up terminal and you haven't moved ckan from where it normally ends up (probably downloads), you either need to move it to your user directory, or change the directory you're on to the one that ckan is in.

This can be done with the cd command. All you need to do is type in cd downloads (assuming ckan is in downloads) and then mono ckan.exe

That's not what the issue is. I get -bash: mono: command not found

CKAN celebrates its first anniversary since its first official release!

qqSfFsN.png

This would not have happened without the awesome support and contributions of the KSP Community.

So on behalf of the entire CKAN Team, we thank everyone who used, supported, advised and contributed to CKAN the past year.

We also thank the mod creators for creating mods for the community to enjoy.

Happy birthday CKAN!

Edited by Olympic1

Many thanks for a really helpful tool, that makes it really easy to install and update KSP mods.

After the upgrade to KSP 1.0.5, I have noticed some mods I have installed disappearing from CKAN, and then reappearing again after they have been upgraded. This is of course OK and right to withdraw or block outdated mods, since nobody should install a possibly broken one. I would however like to still see to mods I have installed, and like to suggest showing them in the list but with the mod name [del]over crossed[/del]. This would make it easy to uninstall mods not working.

Hey, so EVE just updated to a new version. I have it installed from the last update, but checking the Update box crashes CKAN with the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install NavballDockingIndicator, module not available
at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KSPVersion ksp_version)
at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)
at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KSPVersion ksp_version)
at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c__DisplayClass2.<ThrowAsync>b__3(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/CKAN/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hey, nice tool... but it totally needs a force install button, for testing compatibility, and for cases when the modder posts in the forum that "by the way it works fine with 1.0.5", but doesn't update the metadata. (Happened on at least 1 count: Connected Living Space.)

Having to install manually because CKAN is more bureaucratic than a vogon public notary is a bit of a pain.

I'm not even sure how it calculates compatibility, several mods show up as compatible and installable, and yet under "Max version" they still have 1.0.4. Others that have 1.0.4 are disabled. Weird, looks seriously broken.

Also, it would seem that a lot of plugins take ages to update in the repository, as in lots of days and still no update after the new release in the forum.

Yes, totally! A switch to ignore KSP version check would be useful. I worked around that by changing KSP version in readme.txt to 1.0.4 so I could install a couple of mods that are not marked as compatible yet.

[quote name='TaintedLion']I cannot get this to work, no matter what I do. I am on Ubuntu 14.04, and have followed all the instructions given, but I cannot open it.[/QUOTE]
Please report the results of the following commands. We cannot help you with no idea what problem you are having:
[code]
mono ckan.exe version
mono -V
[/code](Make sure you are in the directory where you installed CKAN)

So...nobody has any idea what's going on here?

[quote name='the grue']Hey, so [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905"]EVE[/URL] just updated to a new version. I have it installed from the last update, but checking the Update box crashes CKAN with the following error:

[code]See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install NavballDockingIndicator, module not available
at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KSPVersion ksp_version)
at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)
at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KSPVersion ksp_version)
at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c__DisplayClass2.<ThrowAsync>b__3(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
ckan
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/CKAN/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/code][/QUOTE]

[quote name='the grue']NavballDockingIndicator not currently installed.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? Check your GameData folder.

But there is something weird going on with NavballDockingIndicator. It's not showing up as either compatible or incompatible for KSP 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 Edited by politas

Hey guys,

thank you very much for this tool! It makes managing plugins so much easier! :)

Unfortunately I suddenly have some problems I never had before...

I had PlanetShine installed, but since the latests KSP versions it gives me a warning that it's not compatible with >1.0.2 anymore - so I decided to remove it.
I started CKAN, but couldn't find it. Ok, maybe (I thought) I installed it manually, so I just removed the plugin folder.
But then I realized that other installed plugins are missing, too. For example MechJeb, which I'm sure I installed using CKAN - but it's not even in the repo anymore.
The same is true for Kerbal Engineer. The plugins are still present but not listed anymore.
But Kerbal Alarm Clock and Fuel Tanks Plus (just to name two) are still shown an present.

[quote name='Raptor831']I need to change the file structure in the next RFStockalike release. Is there a way to "sync" both a release on my end and an update of the CKAN registry?[/QUOTE]
Depending on just what you're changing, I believe the netkan should be able to be modified to handle both file structures, but raise an [URL="https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues"]issue on GitHub[/URL] with the details of the change and the people who know more about it can help.

[quote name='politas']Are you sure? Check your GameData folder.

But there is something weird going on with NavballDockingIndicator. It's not showing up as either compatible or incompatible for KSP 1.0.4 or 1.0.5[/QUOTE]

100% sure it is not installed. I even redownloaded the archive from kerbalstuff to make sure I hadn't botched an uninstall and left anything from the src folder behind.

Also tried uninstalling EVE via CKAN, returned the same error. Next thing to try I guess is a manual uninstall of EVE. Edited by the grue

[quote name='neo2001']I had PlanetShine installed, but since the latests KSP versions it gives me a warning that it's not compatible with >1.0.2 anymore - so I decided to remove it.
I started CKAN, but couldn't find it. [/QUOTE]
What Filter do you have selected?

You're right! The "Compatible" filter was selected... which I didn't realize...

Is this the default setting? If so, IMHO this should default to "All". Or there needs to be a better visual feedback, that a filter is currently applied. Like the filter button in some kind of "active" or "pressed" state or a bar at the top showing the current scope.

[quote name='neo2001']You're right! The "Compatible" filter was selected... which I didn't realize...

Is this the default setting? If so, IMHO this should default to "All". Or there needs to be a better visual feedback, that a filter is currently applied. Like the filter button in some kind of "active" or "pressed" state or a bar at the top showing the current scope.[/QUOTE]
"Compatible" is generally the most useful filter. It shows you the mods that have been kept updated and are known to work for the version of the KSP install you are modifying. These periods of version changeover are the exception, not the rule.

When attempting to install Kerbal Planetary Base systems via CKAN I get a 404 error. The KerbalStuff page has it up however, and the link in the 404 error appears to be correct. Also the mod version listed is not the most current, but there is no option to upgrade.