The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

5 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

Last version for 1.0.4 is RC 1.3.2.4. RC 1.3.2.5 should not be used *ever*, RC 1.3.2.6 is for KSP 1.0.5

Ok, I've set the range for RC 1.3.2.4 to be KSP versions 1.0.2 - 1.0.4  RC 1.3.2.5 should be over-ridden by 1.3.2.6 for KSP 1.0.5 users already by my last change. Not sure when the change will go through, but the current state should have no one getting a version that is fundamentally broken. KSP 1.0.4 users will currently only see RC 1.3.2.3.

I need a little help please, I have been using ckan and it works top notch.  Thank you for the great mod management tool.  I have a slight hiccup that I am not sure how to fix.

I removed a career that ckan was managing and now when I start up ckan, I get a dos like dialog that warns me about it at the same time that I get the "select ksp install" dialog.

Can someone tell me where this information is store or what I can do to get ckan to forget about that folder?  [it isn't around anymore]

Update: I just added another install for CKAN to manage and the above mentioned issue has gone away.

Edited by gamerscircle

Yea, um - me again.

When I started to first use CKAN [about 3 months ago] , I was able too export my mod list.  Now, that some have "auto detect" ? "AD" , I only get the ones that are not flagged with the "AD", is there still a way to get the entire mod list?  Or a way to unflag the mods?

Hi, I don't report this as a bug on Github as it is probably something wrong on my side, but re-installed CKAN on my new computer but I cannot make the first update of the repository: "Failed to connect to repository. Exception: Object reference not set to an object instance". As a test I tried to directly paste the URL in my browser and it perfectly works (it prompts me the download pop-up)

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

18 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Yea, um - me again.

When I started to first use CKAN [about 3 months ago] , I was able too export my mod list.  Now, that some have "auto detect" ? "AD" , I only get the ones that are not flagged with the "AD", is there still a way to get the entire mod list?  Or a way to unflag the mods?

The ones flagged as "AD" are the ones that CKAN has detected as being manually installed. It basically locks them from being manipulated in any way by CKAN, on the assumption that you've done some special install for them. If you haven't done anything special, the easiest thing is to manually delete the folders for that mod, then install them using CKAN.

1 hour ago, Nemecle said:

Hi, I don't report this as a bug on Github as it is probably something wrong on my side, but re-installed CKAN on my new computer but I cannot make the first update of the repository: "Failed to connect to repository. Exception: Object reference not set to an object instance". As a test I tried to directly paste the URL in my browser and it perfectly works (it prompts me the download pop-up)

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

What .Net / Mono version do you have installed?

I've started getting a weird issue with CKAN. This error message pops up when I click the "Add available updates" button:

iw0iCg0.png

The error message mentions the SDHI SMS mod, which I did have installed manually. However, I removed the mod folder from my GameData folder, and it's still happening. This just started happening today, wasn't a problem the last time I ran CKAN (a few days ago). Help?

Is it possible to use a single download directory for all my different installs of ksp? Seems a bit silly having to download the same files again and again (or manually keeping the folders in sync).

I've sorted it creating symlinks but think it would be an idea to be able to use a unified folder within the ckan.

Edited by Torih

It's been a while since I've installed CKAN, but I decided to get back into it today and I must be doing something wrong.   I visited this site here:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.16.0  and installed the .exe of the latest version.  It appears in my downloads folder, and I moved it to my KSP folder.  Before I could open it though, the .exe disappeared.  I tried to install it again, it showed up for a bit, but again it disappeared.

Is this because I didn't properly uninstall my old version of CKAN?  I deleted the old .exe and the CKAN folder that's located in my KSP folder, but... was there something else I was supposed to do?  I couldn't find a way of upgrading CKAN, so I decided to just delete all of the old stuff and reinstall it, but it's not working properly.

EDIT:
I tried to open it right as it finishes installing, and it gives me this error:  "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

EDIT2:
Found out what the problem was, my anti-virus was false-positiving it and automatically deleting it.  I added an exception and it works fine now.

Edited by PTNLemay

15 hours ago, Torih said:

Is it possible to use a single download directory for all my different installs of ksp? Seems a bit silly having to download the same files again and again (or manually keeping the folders in sync).

I've sorted it creating symlinks but think it would be an idea to be able to use a unified folder within the ckan.

There's an enhancement ticket for that very thing, though obviously, small user experience tweaks get lower priority than getting things working properly. 

On 30/12/2015 at 3:33 PM, leops1984 said:

I've started getting a weird issue with CKAN. This error message pops up when I click the "Add available updates" button:

The error message mentions the SDHI SMS mod, which I did have installed manually. However, I removed the mod folder from my GameData folder, and it's still happening. This just started happening today, wasn't a problem the last time I ran CKAN (a few days ago). Help?

Not sure what's happening, but try running a "ckan clean" from the command line.

EDIT: Checking the repository, it appears that SDHI-ServiceModuleSystem is only available up to 1.0.4. Your screenshot shows you have a KSP 1.0.5 install, so it shouldn't install. You shouldn't even be getting the option to install it, though, so it looks like your metadata repository is screwed. Try deleting your CKAN/registry.json file and restarting CKAN.

Edited by politas
Extra info

great work on this!

Feature idea: it'd be cool if there was a way to create a favorites list so you can remember mods you may want to try in the future, maybe incorporate it into the filter.

minor bug: while the app is running I can remove a mod that was auto detected from the GameData folder, and hit refresh and it will still recognize the mod as installed. If I restart the app it will then recognize that I uninstalled the auto detected mod and then it will allow me to download the mod through ckan.

Question: I'd like to add a couple mods I am using to ckan so they can be managed that are not on the mod list. Should I do this or is it up to the author to support this? Also for ScienceAlert, ckan says it is incompatible with 1.0.5 but there is an updated dll that does work for 1.0.5. Is there a way to point ckan to an updated download so it can be managed by the app?

Edited by i_like_kerbals
more stuff

2 hours ago, i_like_kerbals said:

great work on this!

Feature idea: it'd be cool if there was a way to create a favorites list so you can remember mods you may want to try in the future, maybe incorporate it into the filter.

minor bug: while the app is running I can remove a mod that was auto detected from the GameData folder, and hit refresh and it will still recognize the mod as installed. If I restart the app it will then recognize that I uninstalled the auto detected mod and then it will allow me to download the mod through ckan.

Question: I'd like to add a couple mods I am using to ckan so they can be managed that are not on the mod list. Should I do this or is it up to the author to support this? Also for ScienceAlert, ckan says it is incompatible with 1.0.5 but there is an updated dll that does work for 1.0.5. Is there a way to point ckan to an updated download so it can be managed by the app?

If you export your list of mods to a CKAN file, then edit the .ckan file created to say "recommends" instead of "depends", it works pretty well as a favourites list between KSP versions. This is a common desire, and I'm pretty sure there's an enhancement ticket for something along those lines.

ScienceAlert: there's not much we can do until @xEvilReeperx actually releases a new version. A patched release would be great, but I gather work is steadily progressing on 2.0. We can't just point CKAN to the patch, because it isn't a complete install. If you fake CKAN into thinking you've got a 1.0.4 install, you can install Science Alert, then manually patch it. (Remember to fix your KSP version number afterwards!) If you track down the person who made the patch, you could ask them to do a complete forked patch release, and we could add that.

Feel free to add mods, though if the author has used a restricted licence, it's best to ask them if they're ok with it. Here's a guide to adding mods to CKAN.

Edited by politas

Updated just a few seconds ago and there where a bit over thousand entries "New in repository".

Any way to stop that from my side - since I can't believe that there where so many mod updates in the last two days - or is that something thats beoyond the reach of a end user setup of CKAN?

brb when finished reading the list if there is *really* something new to check out.

Regards and keep up the good work - love that tool!

21 hours ago, politas said:

No. But if you would like to write one, here are the guidelines.

Wish I could, but I don't really have the time to do something like this.  Modding KSP takes up what little free time I do have.

It seems fairly simple, though, maybe someone else can take a stab at it:

A simple version would do the following:

1. Create a menu item to set the pre-update script, and post update script in a single dialog.  Or  maybe this can be added to the config screen
  2. Add hook (?) to run pre-update script before doing any updates
  3. Add hook(?) to run post-update script after doing updates

Hi, I'm sure this has been addressed but the new forum search is a bit... clunky. I'm getting the following error when I click on the "StockBugFix" mod. Everything else seems to work fine. I recently upgraded this install from 1.0.4, so I suspect something went wonkie with that. Tried manually removing the old out-of-date SBF folder manually, doesn't seem to help.

ee the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install StockPlus, module not available
   at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KSPVersion ksp_version)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion kspversion)
   at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KSPVersion ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/KSP%20StoryMode%20-%2064BIT%201.0.5/ckan.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34262 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Hi, I'm sure this has been addressed but the new forum search is a bit... clunky. I'm getting the following error when I click on the "StockBugFix" mod. Everything else seems to work fine. I recently upgraded this install from 1.0.4, so I suspect something went wonkie with that. Tried manually removing the old out-of-date SBF folder manually, doesn't seem to help.

Try uninstalling Stock Bug Fix Modules in CKAN, then deleting the StockBugFixPlus folder manually. Then refresh and try reinstalling. 

FF mod updated recently. When CKAN tried to download and install update I got this error:

Failed to download - error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Could be that FF is updated again, older release deleted and latest release is not picket yet by CKAN boot ?

On 1/6/2016 at 4:27 PM, kcs123 said:

FF mod updated recently. When CKAN tried to download and install update I got this error:

Failed to download - error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Could be that FF is updated again, older release deleted and latest release is not picket yet by CKAN boot ?

EDIT:

Just checked, latest file on KerbalStuff is:
https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/428/Final%20Frontier/download/0.9.4-1798

Hit Refresh, it's there now. There's always a delay of up to four hours between an updated mod going on Kerbalstuff and being in CKAN, when everything works properly. If a mod's latest version is the current days' date, please don't bother reporting it. Just have a little patience. In fact, that version appeared in the CKAN repo before you posted this (four hours ago versus your post being three), so you must have missed it by only a little while.

EDIT: Note: That time is when the .ckan file was generated by NetKAN, but the bundling of .ckan files into the zipped up repository that CKAN downloads is a process that happens every four hours, thus the delay.

I don't know if this has been issued in one of the last 92 pages of posts, but when I launch the .exe, it brings up this "Error!" window:

Unhandled exception:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access tp the path "C:/Program Files (x86)/Kerbal Space Program/CKAN" was denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at CKAN.KSP.Init()
   at CKAN.KSP..ctor(String directory, IUser user)
   at CKAN.KSPManager.LoadInstancesFromRegistry()
   at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser User, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui(GuiOptions options, String[] args)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args) 

(or almost like this, I had to translate some words back to english)

Sorry if this was caused by my total incompetence at installing things, but do you have any ideas how to fix this?

15 hours ago, politas said:

Hit Refresh, it's there now. There's always a delay of up to four hours between an updated mod going on Kerbalstuff and being in CKAN, when everything works properly. If a mod's latest version is the current days' date, please don't bother reporting it. Just have a little patience. In fact, that version appeared in the CKAN repo before you posted this (four hours ago versus your post being three), so you must have missed it by only a little while.

EDIT: Note: That time is when the .ckan file was generated by NetKAN, but the bundling of .ckan files into the zipped up repository that CKAN downloads is a process that happens every four hours, thus the delay.

It is updated properly now, I was just have bad luck to check for updateds between two boot search iterations.

I have also updated KAX, saying that latest version is 2.6.1. However, after install, in CKAN main window for mod managment it is listed that I have installed version 1:KAX_v2.5.4 and that latest available version is also 1:KAX_v2.5.4

EDIT:

Not only that it shows older version - CKAN have actualy installed older version than it should be. I have downloaded lateest from kerbalstuff by myself and checked.

Edited by kcs123