The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

6 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

Error: Failed to connect to repository. Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

How to fix this?

That usually indicates that your .Net/Mono installation is not up to 4.5 (for .Net) or 4.0 (for Mono).

On February 4, 2016 at 10:50 PM, politas said:

So /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN is your newly-downloaded KSP, /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN/Ships/VAB has only the 12 pre-installed .craft files, and /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN/GameData has only the one folder called "Squad"? In that case, I have no idea what's going on. Maybe if you go into File -> Select KSP Install, select the new KSP install, click "Forget", delete any /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN/CKAN folder that exists, then re-add /user/xxxx/desktop/KSP_osx-3CKAN as a new KSP install?

@politas yes iv done that :), and its only  RO, RP-O, FAR and Fasa  i can't install

Also this came up just now it was in the terminal after trying other mods before the 3 here not sure if this is relevant or not.

5024086 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

15024123 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

21253530 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

21253551 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

21274355 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

Edited by MissMolly

On 2/3/2016 at 2:24 PM, Brigadier said:

I figured I needed to start from scratch so I've cleared the folder and re-downloaded almost all of my mods (sorry, I didn't get a chance to try removing the version line of the CRP section).  I'm having difficulty with a couple of mods that are flagged as incompatible with KSP 1.0.5 (Science Alert, KER).  I know these can be patched for 1.0.5 but CKAN will not allow me to download them (there's no checkbox on the left hand side).  I presume I have to install them manually and then apply the patches.

Will CKAN find them a mark them as AD?

Also, as I was selecting mods for installation, one of the lines (Planetshine, in this case) was highlighted in red.  What does that mean?

Thanks for all of your kind help so far.

Well, I'm about 50% successful.

No errors reported by CKAN.  KER, Science Alert and CRP installed successfully, with KER and SA done manually.  CKAN lists Science Alter as "AD", CRP 0.4.9.0 as properly installed automatically, but KER isn't listed at all.  I'm confused!

However,and here's the 50% unsuccessful, all of my launched craft (all probes) are gone from the game.  The only things left flying are 2 Kerbals awaiting rescue (an accepted contract), 1 flag (correct) and one debris from a previous launch.  18-odd probes have vanished.  I've checked the persistent.sfs file and, although I'm not sure what I'm looking for, the only things I think are there are some space objects (which I think are asteroids) and the 4 items above.

Is this recoverable or do I need to start the career over?

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Well, I'm about 50% successful.

No errors reported by CKAN.  KER, Science Alert and CRP installed successfully, with KER and SA done manually.  CKAN lists Science Alter as "AD", CRP 0.4.9.0 as properly installed automatically, but KER isn't listed at all.  I'm confused!

However,and here's the 50% unsuccessful, all of my launched craft (all probes) are gone from the game.  The only things left flying are 2 Kerbals awaiting rescue (an accepted contract), 1 flag (correct) and one debris from a previous launch.  18-odd probes have vanished.  I've checked the persistent.sfs file and, although I'm not sure what I'm looking for, the only things I think are there are some space objects (which I think are asteroids) and the 4 items above.

Is this recoverable or do I need to start the career over?

If craft have vanished, they're probably using parts from a mod you've missed. That's just part of KSP, unfortunately, so unless you have a save file you can revert to after you work out the right mod, you're pretty much screwed. I've had that happen, too.

11 hours ago, MissMolly said:

@politas yes iv done that :), and its only  RO, RP-O, FAR and Fasa  i can't install

Also this came up just now it was in the terminal after trying other mods before the 3 here not sure if this is relevant or not.

5024086 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

15024123 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

21253530 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

21253551 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

21274355 [1] ERROR CKAN.RelationshipResolver (null) - Dependency on ModuleRCSFX found, but nothing provides it.

ModuleRCSFX is deprecated under 1.0.5. Have you refreshed your Repositories? 

20 hours ago, politas said:

The Walkabout .netkan hasn't been added to CKAN yet as far as I can tell. I can only think that you did an install from .ckan somehow. 

EDIT: When you say you submitted a .netkan file, do you mean you checked the CKAN box on KerbalStuff? I can't find a submission for Walkabout other than the KerbalStuff automated one (which is predictably broken).

It appears you are right.  I did a fresh install of CKAN and I see that WalkAbout is not listed.

I did submit a .netkan file using this url, however, since you say that you don't see a submission, I will try again.

8 hours ago, politas said:

If craft have vanished, they're probably using parts from a mod you've missed. That's just part of KSP, unfortunately, so unless you have a save file you can revert to after you work out the right mod, you're pretty much screwed. I've had that happen, too.

I did find a previous named save and when I loaded it all of the satellites and a manned Mun lander appeared but the lander was uncontrollable (I didn't think to check any other craft, though).  I could focus on it and some, but not all, right-click menus were available but I could not turn on lights or throttle the activated engine.  They were stuck.

Screw it...I'm going to have to start over again. :(

On 10/17/2015 at 2:42 AM, Taki117 said:

If I might make a suggestion: As a user I think it would be infinitely more helpful for mod troubleshooting to add a "Date Installed" column. This would be most useful when installing new mods only to find that KSP has broken upon the next start up and you can't remember which mods you installed. I don't know how feasible this feature would be to implement, but thank you for the consideration none the less.

This is from a while ago but I also think a dating system would be great. Knowing the dates that mods were updated, added, and installed would really help.

3 hours ago, politas said:

A quick announcement:

Please don't report any problems with RoverDude's mods for the next few days. We are in a process of transitioning them to author-hosted metadata.

Also, in the interim, please install any of my mods manually - you can find links on the USI Catalog page.

Using KSP-AVC will also advise you if any of the bits are not the latest version, which will make it easy to keep your installs clean, prevent conflicts, etc. (and it updates the instant I publish a release).

When asking for support, please confirm the version number (from the .version file) so I can confirm you are on the latest, as we've done quite a few daily updates this past week.

On 05/02/2016 at 2:46 AM, Antipodes said:

It appears you are right.  I did a fresh install of CKAN and I see that WalkAbout is not listed.

I did submit a .netkan file using this url, however, since you say that you don't see a submission, I will try again.

All done. WalkAbout is now in CKAN.

5 hours ago, Speedster159 said:

Can we get Kerbal NRAP certified for 1.0.5? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/69054-10x-kerbal-nrap-procedural-test-weights-v1504-300415/&page=5#comment-2395521

It's listed but it's apparently only for 1.0.4, but works fine in 1.0.5. Author did not make the listing so he can't do it.

Done. (Though it might take a little while to come through to clients, as always.)

16 hours ago, blnk2007 said:

This is from a while ago but I also think a dating system would be great. Knowing the dates that mods were updated, added, and installed would really help.

This does introduce the whole problem of timezones. In which timezone is a mod added to CKAN? How does that compare to a user's local time? It would be quite easy (if timezones were not handled correctly) for a mod to be published the day after it is installed by a given user. And getting timezone support right is a pain in the bum. Even major IT companies fail to get it right sometimes.

2 hours ago, politas said:

This does introduce the whole problem of timezones. In which timezone is a mod added to CKAN? How does that compare to a user's local time? It would be quite easy (if timezones were not handled correctly) for a mod to be published the day after it is installed by a given user. And getting timezone support right is a pain in the bum. Even major IT companies fail to get it right sometimes.

Theres an easy solution (from my perspective anyway, it might not be all that easy code wise), just go by UT or greenwitch time or something for the times and just adjust to the users time as set on their computer.

Edit: Or alternatively, just count time since updated and/or installed.

Edited by smjjames

3 hours ago, smjjames said:

Theres an easy solution (from my perspective anyway, it might not be all that easy code wise), just go by UT or greenwitch time or something for the times and just adjust to the users time as set on their computer.

Edit: Or alternatively, just count time since updated and/or installed.

Oh, if only it were that easy! "Just adjust to the users time as set on their computer" - It sounds like a simple, easy solution, but it never is. I've worked as a network admin for over a decade, and the same old problems keep cropping up, over and over again, every time an operating system upgrades or a new piece of software is released, and all the systems used to let a piece of software know what time it is get broken (especially in client/server situations where the client and server are in different timezones and using different operating systems) I largely blame Microsoft, for making Windows (PC and server!) system clocks run in local time, but it's not all their fault.

Ordinal time measurement is probably better, though users are rarely happy with such once you get over about 60 days. Do you start to count in months? How many days are in an ordinal month?

Seriously, it's a lot of work, that will create more support hassles down the line, and will be under-appreciated by most users. Yeah, it'd be great, but don't hold your breath. If I was coding CKAN, it would be way down my priority list.

Edited by politas

4 hours ago, MissMolly said:

That looks ok, it's got RealismOverhaul all the way up to v10.8.0. Can you take a few screenshots showing the list of mods and the error messages? Feel free to PM them to me if you want them to be less public.

19 hours ago, politas said:

That looks ok, it's got RealismOverhaul all the way up to v10.8.0. Can you take a few screenshots showing the list of mods and the error messages? Feel free to PM them to me if you want them to be less public.

Sure thing.

Okay, so I have been trying various combinations of mobs to get this to work with no success. Currently I want to use the SETI mods aka Balance, Comunity, Contracts, and greenhouse. I select those and move on. then it gives you the recommended. I deselect Workshop and Vans. I install with no issue. And run up KSP. It then always hangs  on SETIrebalance/MM-NewParts/HybridBoosterRT-11/hybridbooster. Never had this problem before last nights updates. I cant find anything in the log files either about it. I'm just curious if anyone has seen this problem or if its a mod combination problem on CKAN. 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5H3nPGt7n2pV2Z4RlJuU3lPQjQ&usp=sharing

That is a link with log files of KSP and launcher as well as the .ckan file for the mods I'm trying to install.

I'm having a problem with CKAN and USI mods.  I appear to have an earlier version properly installed and I'm attempting to update via CKAN (despite RoverDude's direction to avoid CKAN and install manually).  CKAN's Changeset looks like this.

When I apply the changes I get:

Installing previously uninstalled mod USI-UKS-Shared

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File           : GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/CHANGELOG.txt
Installing Mod : USI-UKS-Shared 0.1.7.0
Owning Mod     : USI-Kolonization
CKAN Version   : v1.16.0-0-g7206ce5 (beta)

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

I'm not entirely sure what a "ckan update" is but I have checked for a new CKAN version and refreshed the cache.

I will post it on github as instructed but thought I'd do it here as well.

Edited by Brigadier

On 2/10/2016 at 3:46 AM, Brigadier said:

File           : GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/CHANGELOG.txt
Installing Mod : USI-UKS-Shared 0.1.7.0
Owning Mod     : USI-Kolonization
CKAN Version   : v1.16.0-0-g7206ce5 (beta)

Seems to be a bug arising from the USI mod migration discussed here and here. You can try removing all of the USI mods you've installed by CKAN and try again. If it's still giving issues then I'd suggest continuing to follow Roverdude's advice and manage them manually for a little while longer.

EDIT: Oh, and 'ckan update' just refers to running ckan in commandline mode. That just refreshes the ckan cache as you've already done.

Edited by stibbons

1 hour ago, stibbons said:

Seems to be a bug arising from the USI mod migration discussed here and here. You can try removing all of the USI mods you've installed by CKAN and try again. If it's still giving issues then I'd suggest continuing to follow Roverdude's advice and manage them manually for a little while longer.

EDIT: Oh, and 'ckan update' just refers to running ckan in commandline mode. That just refreshes the ckan cache as you've already done.

I ran into this.  Deleting all mods from Roverdude in CKAN, then going in and deleting those directories (to be sure you get everything), and then installing works.