Game Stuck after Loading Career Save

Hi!

I am encountering a bug more and more often. It looks like this:

U3PHvJL.png

I am permanently stuck in this view. I cannot enter any buildings or move around. I can click all of the UI elements though.

If I leave this savegame, one of 3 things can happen:

- I can open the save again, and everything is back to normal view

- I can open the save again and I get the exact same error

- Every menu item in the "main menu" is dark and I cannot click it. I have to restart

I have to open/close the save or the game multiple times until I can play normally.

Does anybody know what to do against it?

I am on Windows 32 Bit

My Mods:

- Toolbar

- USI Tools

- ActionGroupManager

- Kerbal Attachment System

- MechJeb2

- Docking Port Alignment

- RCS Build Aid

- SelectRoot

- TAC Fuel Balancer

- TAC Life Support

- Kerbal Alarm Clock

- Universal Storage

Edited by Kobymaru

• 3 weeks later...
Please follow the instructions in the How To Get Support sticky. :)

Thank you very much for your help :)

Just in case anyone else cares, heres my output_log.txt:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/98057aa326d38015387d#file-output_log-txt

I reduced the installed mods to:

- 000_Toolbar

- KAS

- Mechjeb2

- Universal Storage

I can't reduce any further, because my ships use parts from these Mods.

Bug is still occuring, more and more frequently. It's getting harder and harder to load my savegame. Please help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have similiar problem in the lastest version of game. I can`t go anywhere but mission control and astronaut complex but then I can`t go back, it just freeze. I hear the music and so, buttons seem clickable but when you click it does nothing. Any idea how to solve this except start new career? Thanks

• 2 months later...

I'd like to give this thread a bump since I have the same issue and could not find any solutions.

System: Win 7 64b, 16 GB RAM

KSP: 0.90.0 32bit

Problem:

Exactly as in initial post. I'd also add that GUI elements can be clicked but don't seem to do anything (except the menu button). Time is frozen, time warp does nothing.

Mods installed:

MechJeb

Kerbal Attachment System

Firespitter

Various parts

All mods are up to date.

More background:

KSP behaves exactly as described in the initial post, the only difference being that I'm playing in sandbox mode.

I updated KSP earlier today from .24.2 since I hadn't played in a while and have had this issue since then. I played my old version yesterday without issues. The backup copy of that version runs fine.

Starting a new game also works fine. I started a career game to see what would happen it seems to load normally every time. After starting the new game I was also able to go back to the menu and repeatedly load the old game successfully.

However, after a restart of KSP this no longer works either. I have also tried creating another new game (my third) but it had no effect.

My sandbox game has been running since I started some years ago. Needless to say, there are a few missions running I'd like to see completed some day. Any help fixing this would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.