I wont be around for awhile I have some sad news ...

Cdr_Zeta

Best wishes, Cdr_Zeta. A close friend and my brother's wife both have cancer, and both have so far beaten it. I hope that there is still hope for your wife and yourself, without that it's really hard.

Life is cruel. Keep fighting, stay strong.

Hi Cdr, I am keeping you and your wife in my heart and thoughts.

I had a friend who had cancer, it looked bad, but now she is recovering after a bone-marrow transplant.

Try to get you and your friends to fold 1,000 paper cranes, it is said to help recover from cancer.

It worked on my friend!

Good luck, and stay strong!

DMSP

• 3 months later...

Hi All...

All is well so far...I think she is on a last round of chemo pills and seems to be doing well except for back pain (which worries me).

She is tough and doing ok for now...both of us are doing okay...I am trying to settle a future for our lives...but living one day at a time is nice too !

Mr Zeta

Hi All...

All is well so far...I think she is on a last round of chemo pills and seems to be doing well except for back pain (which worries me).

She is tough and doing ok for now...both of us are doing okay...I am trying to settle a future for our lives...but living one day at a time is nice too !

Mr Zeta

I kind of know what you are going thru.. I recently lost my grandfather to pancreatic cancer.. Stay strong and Godspeed

Hi All...

Mr Zeta

You have my condolences. I know a similar situation to yours, my mother has a list of health problems that would take you a few minutes to read all the way through. It includes Multiple Sclerosis (the hardest on her), epilepsy, breast cancer (recovered), one brain tumor that was removed, hydrocephalus (fixed with a shunt), and now more problems with her brain, pending further tests. This was the shortened list, she has numerous other smaller health problems that contribute to a very hard way to live for her. And since this started in 2006, when I was only 8, its been hard for me too.

I wish other people didn't have to feel the way I do, and it really does hit me hard to read how you're experiencing a similar situation. Best of wishes, and I will keep you in my thoughts are prayers.

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for your support...she had a heart failure...was life flighted...they fixed her up and she pulled thru but no more cancer treatments...the docs gave her <6 months...we will have a good xmas I hope but after that it will be hospice and I give her 2-3 months; it's sad.

I am having some pains myself; old war wounds; stress and lifting again.

I am glad I have another home here; I need more than one.

Command Zeta

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I don't think words can properly express feelings at this point.

I hope that in the time you have remaining together that you can find some amounts of joy and happiness, and that those who are close to you bring you strength and love.

Merely trying to describe the emotions in these following weeks and months is purely futile in every sense. You only know these feelings if such events have also happened to yourself as well.

My deepest and absolute condolences. Spend your time wisely my friend ; It no longer seems infinite now.

Wow....So much happened since your last update. I am so very sorry to hear this news. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. 

My only advice is that you cherish this time. You probably already are, and plan to, but I think it should be said again. Enjoy your time with her. Enjoy her presence. As always, myself and others are here if you need to talk, vent, or seek out comfort. We will do our absolute best to provide as much as we can. 

So sorry to read about all of this. I wish both of you the strength to deal with this situation. I know how hard it is. I went through this 3 years ago. All I can say is to take care of yourself as well, it is very easy to make yourself very sick too in this kind of situation. However I also can say that a relationship in this kind of moment is as strong and deep as it can get. Cherish every moment, pace yourself and keep sharing, that is too intense to keep it inside. Best of luck.

• 2 months later...

Hello and thank you all for support...I had 2 weeks of heavy lifting on her and finally got a hospice bed in the house for a few days and I couldn't move her anymore.

Then they took her by ambulance to special hospice home where we been these last days...she had a restless day today no food no water can't swallow. I am at the hospice home with her now almost 24/7...I think we spoke our last peace yesterday and she recognized my son tonite.

Almost 30 years with the most brave and courageous woman I ever known right to the end...she is in medicated sleep I don't know she may wake one more time...I have been so sore and tired these last few weeks I will be glad when this is over..I expect at least a few months to grieve but I have plans this summer...it was our dream and we shared many good times on the coastal waters of Maine on our boats...she never had the chance to see our new sailboat except my videos. She will be with me to watch over when I set sail this spring...

I will miss her and may name the boat in her honor somehow...I expect her to pass this weekend...I will keep in touch I plan on a 24hr livestream of ksp for donations I really need help...I will stay in touch..thank you all for being here for me...I am very tired and I will miss her so much...

Commander Zeta

I

4 hours ago, Cdr_Zeta said:

I will miss her and may name the boat in her honor somehow...I expect her to pass this weekend...I will keep in touch I plan on a 24hr livestream of ksp for donations I really need help...I will stay in touch..thank you all for being here for me...I am very tired and I will miss her so much...

Commander Zeta

Despite all the distance between us and us essentially being strangers to each other, this brought tears to my eye. Sadly, I have seen the same story played out with different actors. The tears remain the same. Best of luck. Be sure to drop in whenever you need someone to talk to.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.