[0.90] Regolith - an open ISRU and Resource framework [0.1.7 - 2015.02.26]

RoverDude

Actually, there will be no 1.0 update because it would be an empty DLL ;)

Everything that could be done with Regolith can now be done (and in a lot of cases, better and with more options) in stock.

I will, as needed, plunk things in here that extend the stock modules, but none of those have come up yet.

Everything that could be done with Regolith can now be done (and in a lot of cases, better and with more options) in stock.

I will, as needed, plunk things in here that extend the stock modules, but none of those have come up yet.

It would be great RoverDude, if you can prepare some short description of regolith-now-stock .cfg stuff (especially for drills and converters). Then we would know how things work internally and how modifiable they are.

It would be nice if you could reflect this in the first post. While i was aware of the move to stock I was not sure if this mod was still required (just presumed it was not)

It would be nice if you could reflect this in the first post. While i was aware of the move to stock I was not sure if this mod was still required (just presumed it was not)

I guess I'm confused: do we not need Regolith anymore because of the stock integration?

• 2 weeks later...
This being updated would be VERY useful for RealFuels.

Don't need. As far as other modders writing things that use it are concerned, 1.0 stock is the update to Regolith. It has all of the options that 0.90 Regolith had, and RoverDude hasn't come up with any infrastructure-level features to add to it yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It would be great RoverDude, if you can prepare some short description of regolith-now-stock .cfg stuff (especially for drills and converters). Then we would know how things work internally and how modifiable they are.

Does anyone know of a good reference for how regolith/stock code works - something that could help figure out how to interoperate / extend it?

I was thinking specifically about how to approach latitude dependant resources. I can see how to interrogate the vessel for lat / lon and could sure 'hack' something stand alone, but it would be at least an improvement to have the lat modulate whatever comes out of the regolith/stock 'lookups'.

Does the stock resources suck in the Community Resources also and 'present' them via the same api?

You'd be building a custom module then. Stock is totally biome based.

I'm just thinking with all the ingenuity etc that went into stock/regolith (all the integration with scanners etc) it seems a shame if one cannot hook into that. For my example 'water ice in regolith on Duna/Mars' it looks like stock but with a 'modulation' by latitude. Ideally one would want to 'hook in'/'wrap with' a 'modulator' over whatever code object delivers 'resource abundance at lat/lon' - so the rest of the system would think it's using stock but it's using 'modulated stock'. The alternatives look like either build a parallel infrastructure ( regolith redux + scanning etc ) or hack a 'carbuncle' on the side (a 'magic' resource gatherer).