Have you had any mysterious or unexplainable evnts in KSP?

SubzeroSpartan7

Yep!

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION, GO!

I'm currently trying to figure out a couple of things. Possibly the greatest mystery I've encountered is... how in the world does the game let me have five-sided symmetry when I do this?!

...playing KSP can be fun.

A few days ago i got weird events during some tasks, during a Mun mission the orbit of my lander got deorbited instantly when getting closer whit the CM, and yesterday i noticed that my station on Kerbin was marked as an class C asteroid, however i was able to recover its controls.

I think my new save is haunted D:

Yep!

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION, GO!

I'm currently trying to figure out a couple of things. Possibly the greatest mystery I've encountered is... how in the world does the game let me have five-sided symmetry when I do this?!

http://youtu.be/9652CkOCOvc

...playing KSP can be fun.

That is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Just what?!

A few days ago i got weird events during some tasks, during a Mun mission the orbit of my lander got deorbited instantly when getting closer whit the CM, and yesterday i noticed that my station on Kerbin was marked as an class C asteroid, however i was able to recover its controls.

I think my new save is haunted D:

I have had the de-orbit instantly glitch happen to me. It appears to be something to do with setting something as your target if your craft that you are flying already has velocity. Was your game modded?

I've something strange happen: Real life time warp. Sit down at the computer to whip up a quick mission to the Mun, look up at the clock and three hours have passed.

I guess that means that KSP is now officially a black hole. The effects of time dilation are significant at close proximity. :)

I'm just not as crazy and ambitious as I should be to be able to create unexplainable happenings. ;.; Can someone teach me how to make crazy things happen?

Use the Klaw.

That thing is the single, most concentrated point of bugginess in KSP. Just try experimenting around with it, you're bound to break it in some way.

I've something strange happen: Real life time warp. Sit down at the computer to whip up a quick mission to the Mun, look up at the clock and three hours have passed.

I encountered that as well. I just got up and suddenly it was dark outside again. Kreepy...

I have heard of lights on and around Minmus before, but it never happened during my sessions...

I seem to have bad luck with black screens when switching to ships. Whether they're out as far as the Voyagers or simply in Kerbin orbit, this happens enough to be irritating and preventing me from turning off the quicksave-quickload option for career mode. Even better is that I don't play with mods, so it's not the mods' fault. :l

16.png

That moment you find out your alcohol tank isn't leaking... JEEEEEBBB!!!

..though it was probably Bob.. he's a bit of the Michael Collins of the three, he always stays in the command module..:#

Edited by WooDzor

I have had the de-orbit instantly glitch happen to me. It appears to be something to do with setting something as your target if your craft that you are flying already has velocity. Was your game modded?

I had an weird event, I docked some modules to an ship and was setting intercept to another ship but was not able to create nodes.

Jumped to tracking station and back to ship, set node and suddenly the ship was getting an orbital change like if you burn straight at center of kerbin, Pe in front was going down while Ap behind was rising.

Killed the game and it was back to normal.

No engines was not running and the effect was anyway faster than the TWR of the ship.

[snip]

That moment you find out your alcohol tank isn't leaking... JEEEEEBBB!!!

..though it was probably Bob.. he's a bit of the Michael Collins of the three, he always stays in the command module..:#

I've had that before too :D

I thought it was something to do with following the contour of the land below, but now I have my suspicions... hehe!

My Kariner 1 got a sudden case of Kraken Drive. It got blasted out of the system for no reason.

It was just in orbit over Kerbol, on a Duna transfer, and I wanted to check up on it, so I selected it in the tracking station. Then it went kraken.

I immediately went back to the KSC and everything was fixed...

Some weird computer simulation I guess...

Yeh, I had KSP perform a CTD while Jeb was making an orbital burn at the Mun. When I loaded it up, Jeb's craft was gone but he was still there, in EVA... well, nearly still there. He was travelling at Kerbol escape velocity.

Edit: found a screenshot of this one - I remembered slightly wrong, the picture reminded me that the craft was actually a rover I was trying to land.

1BAA69BD255B0EFC13B1E08E332B88C256F24AEF

On another occasion (in fact, just last night - now I really wish I'd taken a couple of screenshots) I had the mapmode glitch into the staging mode so that by zooming with the mousewheel I could make the Mun suddenly sweep up out of the distance to be only a few hundred km away. At the time I was trying to land on Minmus, so the first time it happened I think Jeb soiled his spacesuit.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

Using TimeControl to lower rails warp altitudes causes the thing where the Map Kraken attacks, weird. Stupid Gilly altitudes too low, the orbital velocity is so slow you NEED warping.

And 100K warp is super buggy.

Oh, and the part where knocking Bill out of his command seat on the Mun made him uncontrollable. He was registered as debris and whenever switched locked all controls and deleted the space center...

Oh, and RUD on the launch pad. Random explosions FTW!

My low-solar-orbit, Moho, and Eve probes all died on the same day... Two fell into black holes (NaN readings and no stars) and one simply flew apart when I switched to it. It's surprising how graceful a 50 piece ship looks when everything fires radially outwards from its CoM. None of my recent save files worked any better and I had to terminate them from the space centre. Quarter of a million worth of funds lost :(

And Bill's roid-shuttle disappeared when I switched to another ship; fortunately he was still there in the quicksave.

I long for an amusing bug that does something unexpected but non-destructive :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.