Cannot get my first launch

Hi all, I am new to KSP and I am now starting my first launch by starting with a Command Pod MK1 and a Solid State booster. However I found that when I transfer from the Space Assembly Centre to the launch pad, my rocket seems to become transparent and all the state icon disappear, so I cannot launch it. Is this a game bug or I miss something?

Thank you very much

Hmm. Well it isn't very typical for the rocket to go transparent.

Are you using any mods? And in this case, I would recommend posting a screen shot of exactly what you're seeing. You can find more info about grabbing and posting screen shots here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92230-Stock-Support-Bug-Reporting-Guide

Also, I've moved this to the support forum.

Welcome to the forums! :D

~Claw

Thanks a lot Claw

KSP Version: v0.25.0.642 Windows 64-bit

What Happens: Craft becomes transparent and cannot be controlled at launch pad.

Mods / Add-Ons: None

Steps to Replicate:

1) Build a craft using Command Pod MK1 with any booster

2) Goto Launch pad

Result: Craft will become transparent and cannot be controlled at launch pad.

I can't replicate your issue from your instructions.

Have you tried on 32bit? There's no real reason to be using 64bit at all right now.. also, please post your output_log.txt (found in KSP_64_Data) to somewhere like pastebin, mediafire, dropbox or google drive.

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the output log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwX638CGu5AlRE1RX0lqLWNfdm8&authuser=0

Screenshots

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwX638CGu5AlQmNPTHBNNFRJZ0U&authuser=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwX638CGu5AlQmNPTHBNNFRJZ0U&authuser=0

How could I run the game in 32bit?

Thanks

Those links aren't public and people will need permission to view them, I'm afraid.

To run the game in 32bit, navigate to wherever KSP is installed (if Steam, then \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program) and double click KSP.exe and not KSP_64.exe. I think Steam should automatically run the 32bit by default, but I don't know.

Thank you for filling out the bug report. Also, thanks for uploading the pictures. Unfortunately the same picture link is pasted twice. So I am able to see the rocket that you've built, but I don't see a picture of what the actual problem is.

There are all sorts of errors in that log. Lots of your textures are giving this:

Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32, RGB24 or Alpha8

There are lots of things like this:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Parts/C7A_Exhaust_G1/part/C7A_Exhaust_G1'

PartLoader Warning: Variable iconScale not found in LiquidEngine

There are also warnings about 3 saves that were created by much older versions of KSP (pre 0.21).

Basically, your log does not look like it was created by a clean copy of KSP 0.25 and it I suggest you try installing a totally clean copy of the original KSP store download to a new folder or, if you use Steam, delete all the local content for the game (and check that all the files are actually gone) and then get steam to install it fresh.

Thank you for filling out the bug report. Also, thanks for uploading the pictures. Unfortunately the same picture link is pasted twice. So I am able to see the rocket that you've built, but I don't see a picture of what the actual problem is.

Sorry for my bad.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwX638CGu5AlS3VTamM0OU0wcmM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

There are all sorts of errors in that log. Lots of your textures are giving this:

Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32, RGB24 or Alpha8

There are lots of things like this:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Parts/C7A_Exhaust_G1/part/C7A_Exhaust_G1'

PartLoader Warning: Variable iconScale not found in LiquidEngine

There are also warnings about 3 saves that were created by much older versions of KSP (pre 0.21).

Basically, your log does not look like it was created by a clean copy of KSP 0.25 and it I suggest you try installing a totally clean copy of the original KSP store download to a new folder or, if you use Steam, delete all the local content for the game (and check that all the files are actually gone) and then get steam to install it fresh.

I have installed the 32bits verison of the game and it works perfectly now. So I think the problem is the incomplete of the files.

By the way, I am curious why making the 64bits version of the game while it is no advantage and unstable?

I can't replicate your issue from your instructions.

Have you tried on 32bit? There's no real reason to be using 64bit at all right now.. also, please post your output_log.txt (found in KSP_64_Data) to somewhere like pastebin, mediafire, dropbox or google drive.

aye, 64 bit be very buggy (Nyan cat told me so)

Transparency? Hmm... that sounds familiar.

Oh, right! I'd gotten it with the MkII Cockpit (SP+ Stock Cockpit) before. You could see the runway and the backs of other parts. But when you looked at the sky, it looked like the normal cockpit...

Damn, I forgot that I deleted that KSP directory. :(

I'm running 32 bit. Did you find what was causing this?

Transparency? Hmm... that sounds familiar.

Oh, right! I'd gotten it with the MkII Cockpit (SP+ Stock Cockpit) before. You could see the runway and the backs of other parts. But when you looked at the sky, it looked like the normal cockpit...

Damn, I forgot that I deleted that KSP directory. :(

I'm running 32 bit. Did you find what was causing this?

No, I don't know what cause the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.