MDS Aircraft Co. - Restored Aircraft & Original Designs

SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE

Ah, the Spitfire. Probably the most famous combat aircraft in history, easily the best dogfighting aircraft powered by a piston engine and probably the most adaptable at that. It is well known for its outstanding speed, turning circle, climb rate and its inspirational name. Original designed in 1934-35, the first Spitfire - Serial K5054 - first flew on March 6 1936 and was an instant success. It was ordered into production not long after and the first batch was delivered in 1938. It is almost overwhelming that in 1938 it had a top speed of 354 mph, weighed 2,692 KG fully loaded, while in 1948 it had a top speed of 460 mph and weighed 4,490 KG.

Supermarine-Spitfire-K5054-prototype-first-flight-5-March-1936.jpgSpitfire K5054 - First Spitfire

seafir1.SeafireMk47.jpgSeafire FR.47 - Last Production Spitfire

THE ONE I BUILT

This pretty little replica has a high top speed, but its turning circle is lacking and that'll have to be sorted. I do think it looks rather convincing, especially from the front, bottom and top. Its part count is 44 and weighs roughly 6-7 tonnes - slightly heavier than a real one - but its is fun to fly and pretty to look at so I'm happy.

2014-11-16_00007.jpg

-Accurate Gear Placement

-Aerodynamic Chin Inlet (FR.47 Variant)

-Rolls Royce Griffon (.cfg edit, F.12-47 variants)

2014-11-16_00003.jpg

-F.14-21 Style Tailfin

-High-Back Fuselage (F.1-14, F.21 Variant)

2014-11-16_00002.jpg

-Full Elliptical Wing (F.1-F.18 Variants)

Unfortunately, due to the wide variety of mods and the .cfg edited parts there shall be no download for this plane.

GLOSTER JAVELIN

bg.jpg

The Gloster Javelin is the first delta-wing interceptor put into service. It first flew in 1951 as the Gloster G.A.5, later named Javelin with the 3rd prototype. It was put into active service in 1956 and was kept in service until 1968. It was noted to be incredibly agile and was able to breach the sound barrier in a shallow dive,

THE ONE I BUILT

The one I made ingame was originally modded but I have since 'stockified' it. (PLEASE NOTE - I'M USING STOCK PART REVAMP TEXTURES)

2014-11-16_00010.jpg

-Fairly accurate wing-shape

-Rather similar lines

2014-11-16_00012.jpg

It is fast, has good endurance and is decently manoeuvrable - just like the real thing!

​HAWKER HURRICANE

The Hurricane is the Spitfire's 'ugly' stable mate. It was credited with two thirds of all aircraft shot down in the Battle of Britain with nearly one third being credited to the Spitfire. Over 14,000 were produced between 1937 and 1944 and found itself most useful in the tank-busting role in deserts and destroying bomber aircraft.

hawker-hurricane-mk-iv-fighter-02_zpsg0bcergk.png

THE ONE I MADE

It is sweet looking and has a brilliant turning circle. It has a lot of power which gives it a nice top speed.

2014-11-18_00001.jpg

-Nice Lines

-RAF Roundels

2014-11-18_00005.jpg

-Correct Wing-Shape

-Decent Proportions

GLOSTER METEOR F.I

The Meteor was the first allied jet fighter and during its long service career it proved to be hugely successful. Going into service in 1944, it remained in service with the RAF until the late 50s and much later with countless other Air Forces.

Meteor01.jpg

THE ONE I BUILT

This one I made uses the SXT .6 metre engines that only exert 20 kilo-newtons of thrust each and even so it has excellent performance.

2014-11-18_00006.jpg

-You Would Recognise It From Miles Away

-Accurate Looking Lines

2014-11-18_00007.jpg

-Accurate Welland Engine Nacelles

2014-11-18_00010.jpg

-Smooth Take-Offs

SAAB J-29 TUNNAN

The Saab Tunnan was the first pure jet fighter built in Sweeden and despite its rather fat, rotund appearance it is very fast and very agile.

1024px-Saab_J29_Tunnan%2C_Swedish_Air_Force._Waddington_Airshow_2013.jpg

THE ONE I MADE

This one here is just as is stated in the description, fast and agile.

2014-11-18_00011.jpg

-Fairly Accurate Shape

-Decent Gear Placement

2014-11-18_00013.jpg

-Short Take-Off

2014-11-18_00014.jpg

-Closely Shaped Wings

MORE SOON

Edited by MightyDarkStar

Any chance you're going to do the Gloster Meteor or the Hawker Hurricane or Hunter?

Also, which mods do you use?

I'm planning to build a Meteor and certainly will have a hurricane done as well. The hunter, well I think is a bit hard to build and won't be building that but I'll build the Swift.

I use AKS Weapons, BDynamics, BDArmoury, Skilful, ICE, CoffeeIndustries WWII cockpits, Stryker's Cockpits, Procedural Parts/Wings, Stock Part Revamp, Firespitter, Retro Future, SXT, ZZZ Flag Decals, Delta9 Flags.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.