[Plugin,0.15] KICOIT - Kerbal Engineer 0.8, Advanced Brakes v2.1

jhultgre

Is there any chance we could have a cumulative mass measurement in Kerbal Engineer? (Just add up the mass of all stages.)

All of my structural parts have an irritating habit of grouping together and they become impossible to sort into stages, and getting a calculator out while playing a video game isn\'t my style. =P

It\'s already in there fella, look at the screenshot in the OP, third column. Shows weight of current stage and cumulative weight of stages.

Anti-lock brakes are now known as advanced brakes after I added the parking brake and turn assist functionality see first post for more details.

That pretty much satisfies that plugin for a while, unless there are bugs with vab launched ships or the mun/minmus. I did learn a lot about [KSPField]s and [KSPEvents]s doing this though so thats always good. I ran into one bug while working on this, LandingGear\'s wheelCollider is still null when a partmodule\'s onStart function gets called if anyone else decides to write an addon to them.

I\'ll get back to Engineer now.

So if you can use KspEvemts, could you an option to turn the engineer on again in-flight?

This whould be useful for... Don\'t know. Just had that idea.

It was kind of a design decision not to, but I suppose I could. The recent overhaul probably wouldn\'t make it that hard to do. I don\'t really see that much use for that personally. I\'ll think about it after I get v0.8 done.

Engineer v0.8 and AdvancedBrakes v2.1 Released

AdvancedBrakes added ALT-b as a hot key to engage all parking brakes and is merged into Engineer.

Engineer has a new UI and added Isp and deltaV. I would consider those estimates at best as accuracy is not guaranteed for complex staging and almost certain to be wrong on stages with both solid rockets and liquid fuel engines. Stages will consider any fuel in higher stages to belong to them until it finds another stage providing thrust.

While those were the stated features of this release the big feature is the Consultant System which can provide compatibility between Engineer and other mods. Documentation is currently next to nill but I hope to get an example Consultant project up to show how it can work sometime soon.

While fortunately for me but not so fortunate for support on this I am moving halfway across the country next week so I\'m going to be a little pressed for time over the next few weeks. Hopefully I will still be able to answer question on this.

forgot to update the download link again if anyone downloaded it over the night you got v0.5 again its fixed now

Hmm. The advanced brakes component doesn\'t seem to be present or working at all. I copied and pasted the \'Parts\' and \'Plugins\' folders into ksp_win as I do for all other plugins, and engineer works fine, but no advancedbrakes.

Hmm. The advanced brakes component doesn\'t seem to be present or working at all. I copied and pasted the \'Parts\' and \'Plugins\' folders into ksp_win as I do for all other plugins, and engineer works fine, but no advancedbrakes.

There is no part. To get it to work you need to add the module section to the end of the landing gears part.cfg.

Sorry for double post: Hey jhultgre, I\'ve run into a game-breaking problem with your plugin. When using the ABS, the game is throwing thousands of these errors within seconds of them beginning and lagging to destruction. I first began to suspect it when I deactivated ABS on this landing:

nn9onl.png

Then tried a rejected takeoff with the same aircraft and found the errors compounded in 2-3 seconds of extremely heavy braking until the game was at crash point within 5 seconds. I\'ve uninstalled the plugin for now, hope to hear from you soon!

I like the new brakes options. However, for someone not used to booleans, it might be confusing to see the disable/enable XY texts in front of the toggle buttons. These buttons already provide a visual feedback to see if something is on or off. If you now use the green 'on' light of the button to indicate that something is disabled/'off', people might get confused a lot, especially since you\'re mixing enable and disable in the same menu.

I therefore suggest to only put the name of the system in question in the menu and let the button handle the rest.

I\'ll look into it but I don\'t have time for a few days. Do you have any other details?

Only that three sets of parameters with the advanced brakes title near them appeared in my debug console when I was randomly checking it out, and they all threw the error just after them, but only once. That was something else that raised my suspicions. Sorry, I don\'t have any more than that; I hope someone else can provide an insight. I\'ll do a few more test flights some time this weekend with the plugin uninstalled just to make sure I can\'t reproduce.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KICOIT - Kerbal Engineer 0.8 mod still works for Novapunch (if you have it ;.; ) Down Under Aerospace, White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory and stock parts . It wont provide advanced stats for KW Rocketry v0.5 though. It doesn't seem to like those engines apparently. I cant seem to get Advanced Brakes to work at all. Sorry if im necroposting, my forum etiquette is nonexistent. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.