[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

9 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

@Angel-125 but I need a sprawling tech tree to make it hard to decide where to spend my points! :wink:

A sprawling tech tree is only good when there's stuff to put in the nodes. If you have a tree whose nodes are mostly devoid of parts because the scant few mods who use them aren't installed, then what good are those nodes? I still think that there are plenty of CTT nodes in which to put parts. Heck, with careful design I've managed to put nearly all my parts into the stock tech tree. DSEV does add a few extra nodes but only when CTT isn't installed. In that case I just go with what's already there. Adding more and more nodes to the baseline CTT will just dilute it; if you really need custom, then try creating your own branch. I've done that in one case. :)

@Angel-125

No, I agree, I dont think I need any more branches than CTT offers. With part unlock costs, making strategic decisions about parts isn't limited to tech nodes either.

EDIT: That being said, I did download and update a new branch for naval vessels, and create one of my own for propeller engines. A lot of that was to declutter my parts list in the early game, but a lot of it was also my obsession that everything must be in its proper place in relation to everything else. 

Edited by theonegalen

@Nertea Alright, clearly there is no support for any additional fusion propulsion tech nodes, I guess I keep them exclusive for KSPIE, like I did for the FasterTHanLight tech node I proposed in the past.

Now for something different.

Currently the Antimatter power technode can only  be unlocked by the Advanced Fusion tech nodes. But why is this? Wouldn't it make  sence if it could also be unlocked by the Nuclear Power technology?

Therefore I propose to make the antimatter power technode by either Advanced Fusion OR Exotic Nuclear Power

To prevent any crossing of  dependencies, I suggest to move it above the fusion power tech nodes

It would then look like this

Ag30S8I.png

This effectively allows the option you to bypass fusion technology completely to unlock antimatter power, and more options in my view is a good thing

Edited by FreeThinker

On 3/4/2018 at 10:49 AM, FreeThinker said:

@Nertea Alright, clearly there is no support for any additional fusion propulsion tech nodes, I guess I keep them exclusive for KSPIE, like I did for the FasterTHanLight tech node I proposed in the past.

Now for something different.

Currently the Antimatter power technode can only  be unlocked by the Advanced Fusion tech nodes. But why is this? Wouldn't it make  sence if it could also be unlocked by the Nuclear Power technology?

Therefore I propose to make the antimatter power technode by either Advanced Fusion OR Exotic Nuclear Power

To prevent any crossing of  dependencies, I suggest to move it above the fusion power tech nodes

It would then look like this

Ag30S8I.png

This effectively allows the option you to bypass fusion technology completely to unlock antimatter power, and more options in my view is a good thing

That's a pretty minor change except for verifying new coordinates. Care to take a stab at it? Maybe add to this PR?

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

That's a pretty minor change except for verifying new coordinates. Care to take a stab at it? Maybe add to this PR?

Ok done

Notice to prevent any crossing lines I also had to remove antimatterpower as a parent from ultraHigEnergyPhysics which I moved to the same high as appliedHighEnergyPhysics

2 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

The older 1.3.1 version is there though. 

Did the update to 1.4 change much? Or both versions pretty much do the same? 

What people do with this mod and CKAN is their business. Also, there's a changelog in the post above yours.

55 minutes ago, Nertea said:

What people do with this mod and CKAN is their business. Also, there's a changelog in the post above yours.

No need to be rude, I was just pointing the fact that it is there. Also, I read the changelog, that's not really what I was asking. But sorry for bothering you. 

Well, you asked a question about CKAN, I added my canned response, which is just letting you know that actual CKAN questions are not supported. 

And well... a changelog is what it is. I can't describe it any better than that really, it would just be similar words in a different order. I'm sorry if I offended you.

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

The older 1.3.1 version is there though.

Nertea doesn't support CKAN, but the CKAN folks do, so that's why you can find it there. Any problems or questions related to CKAN should be asked from the developers of CKAN, not Nertea.

Sorry, if I misunderstood your question.

20 hours ago, Simog said:

@Nertea if it can be useful, I have translated this mod in Italian. My English is limited but I think to have translated everything in the correct way :-)
Here is the file: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apx9C9K7sjyIg0oRUwmzyml86h42

Hey that's pretty cool, I'll try to remember to put that in the next version. 

Is anyone else seeing low-res CTT node icons in 1.4.1? In case it's just me, I also see very low-res images with Squad's own stuff in the new Play Missions section of the game.

wGRUSew.png

On 3/24/2018 at 3:44 PM, ev0 said:

Is anyone else seeing low-res CTT node icons in 1.4.1? In case it's just me, I also see very low-res images with Squad's own stuff in the new Play Missions section of the game.

wGRUSew.png

Make sure that Texture Quality is set to Full Res in the settings menu. It now defaults to Half Res and for some reason is applied to all the icons.

Edited by theonegalen

19 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Make sure that Texture Quality is set to Full Res in the settings menu. It now defaults to Half Res and for some reason is applied to all the icons.

Texture Quality has defaulted to Half Res for several KSP versions, since at least 1.2.2.  I have detailed notes of how to configure KSP from a clean install the way I like it.  And I've had a note to turn up the Texture Quality from Half Res to Full Res from at least 1.2.2.

Seems that with KSP 1.4.x (perhaps the new Unity version and related changes) the default Half Res is impacting the icons in several mods.

Just to confirm: I've tested this in 1.4.2, and as you might expect with a minor KSP patch, it seems to work without any problems, in case @Nertea wants to update the Spacedock page (which should hopefully stop the CKAN questions since it pulls the version number from there).

I can't stress how important 3.3.1 was for me. It's an important milestone in the development of CTT, similar to how Making History was a huge milestone for KSP. Nothing will ever be the same again.

•  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Updated MiniAVC to 1.2.0.1

Thanks for the update but I think you forgot a piece :D :D

On 24/3/2018 at 7:04 PM, Nertea said:
On 23/3/2018 at 10:09 PM, Simog said:

@Nertea if it can be useful, I have translated this mod in Italian. My English is limited but I think to have translated everything in the correct way :-)
Here is the file: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apx9C9K7sjyIg0oRUwmzyml86h42

Hey that's pretty cool, I'll try to remember to put that in the next version.