[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

3 hours ago, tretron said:

Is there an time scale for update competable with 1.2.2.

Currently the tech tree mod broke my parasutes after the update, so I can't really play the game anymore.

In what way do you think CTT broke your parachutes? CTT is basically just a config file plus a bunch of png files to use as pictures for the tech tree nodes. It doesn't touch anything outside of the tech tree.

1 minute ago, Merkov said:

In what way do you think CTT broke your parachutes? CTT is basically just a config file plus a bunch of png files to use as pictures for the tech tree nodes. It doesn't touch anything outside of the tech tree.

I do not know in what way to be honest. They do not apear on my stage list, at the point CTT was the only installed mod. After deleting the mod and reinstalling KSP it works fine agian.

1 hour ago, tretron said:

I do not know in what way to be honest. They do not apear on my stage list, at the point CTT was the only installed mod. After deleting the mod and reinstalling KSP it works fine agian.

Now that you have a clean KSP install, have you tried reinstalling CTT? I would suspect that, now that you have a clean and working KSP install, adding CTT shouldn't have any adverse effects (except for AVC yelling at you on the loading screen, if enabled).

On 14-12-2016 at 5:40 PM, tretron said:

Is there an time scale for update competable with 1.2.2.

Currently the tech tree mod broke my parasutes after the update, so I can't really play the game anymore.

Well the only way I can think of that broke CTT is that it no longer listed on CKAN as being compatible with the most recent KSP version, this might cause mods to function incorrectly

Edited by FreeThinker

19 hours ago, Merkov said:

Well, aside from the way fr33soul asked, it could be a genuine question. The current version is in CKAN, with compatibility for 1.2.1 (unless I am very much mistaking), so updating the version compatibility for CKAN makes things easier for people who like this mod.

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does this work in 1.2.2?

I'm currently using it in 1.2.2 and it seems to be working just fine, aside from being yelled at about incompatibility by AVC.  That can be safely ignored as far as I can tell.  Can't say how well it will work with mods different from what I have - OPT and OPT Legacy, B9, Mk2 and Mk3 extensions, KW, Mark IV, SpaceY and SpaceY Expanded, Mod Pods, Universal Storage, SCANSat, JX2 Antenna, and probably a couple other parts mods I've forgotten.  All seem to be where they ought to be in CTT.

1 hour ago, arsenal553 said:

Is there a full list of all the mods supported by this tree or is the list on the first page complete? I want to get the most out of this tech tree in career mode.

It's the other way around. Mod authors make their stuff compatable with CTT instead of CTT supporting mods. Everything in that list works well with CTT but I'd ask on mod pages to see if the stuff you want works with CTT.

One general question about mods and the Community Tech Tree - why is it that the bottom two branches of the CTT seem unloved by mod designers? Several mods I've loaded include recycling units, for instance, and yet don't require you to research recycling to use them. 

Were these two branches late entries into the tree and it would be a hassle for modders to move the items concerned?

I realise that it isn't the designers of the tech tree that decide where things go but I was just curious about this.

2 hours ago, WAKSLOB said:

My final conclusion. CTT doesnt work. Its incomplete and broken. I dont have any icons when i click on the CTT nodes. I installed module manager as was instructed. But nothing works. 

Is the CommunityTechTree folder in the GameData folder? Delete the mod's folder fully and reinstall it. If you still have any issues, send your output_log file.

9 hours ago, ev0 said:

Is the CommunityTechTree folder in the GameData folder? Delete the mod's folder fully and reinstall it. If you still have any issues, send your output_log file.

Here is a screenshot of what im talking about. http://imgur.com/a/8MBSd
Yes CommunityTechTree is inside GameData directory.
Here is my KSP_x64_Data output_log file:

Edited by diomedea
Too long log removed. Please only use links to external sites for such logs

6 hours ago, WAKSLOB said:

Here is a screenshot of what im talking about. http://imgur.com/a/8MBSd
Yes CommunityTechTree is inside GameData directory.
Here is my KSP_x64_Data output_log file:

I don't see any bugs in your screenshot or your logs. That node has no parts in it... which is of course true, you have no mods that use that node. 

@Nertea Quick question, I play with community tech tree, but I've just recently started playing with the mod, monthly budgets [see below] and with the limited amount of funds available, and the massive amount of parts to unlock, I've found that I must frequently purchase only a few parts from each tech node. The strange thing is, when I can't purchase all the parts in a node all at once, as soon as I leave the research center screen, back to the space center view, the space center view freezes up. I can still click any buttons in the stock toolbar, or blizzy's tool bar which show up, and I can still pass time, warp to next morning, but I can't access any buildings. It seems to happen only when I purchase a few parts out of a tech node, and I'm not sure if this is something related to this mod, a combination between this mod, and monthly budgets, or some other mod, or mod combo, and I've just never run into it before because I've always been able to purchase all the parts in a node all at once before. There is a dropbox link below with both the output log for my KSP game, and a copy of my save game in which the bug happened. it is incredibly mod heavy, so I doubt you'll be able to plug that into a KSP copy and get it to work, but I though maybe there might be some clue there in the persistance file that might help? I'm really not sure where else to turn with this, as I'm really not sure how to read these things myself. if you could look and see if you see anything in there, that would point me toward the problem, if its coming from another mod, so i'll know who to approach about this issue, I'd be very grateful.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ll4ywfitgy6939q/AACc8gw8Cu9kds9tGu4oZMcNa?dl=0

9 hours ago, Nertea said:

I don't see any bugs in your screenshot or your logs. That node has no parts in it... which is of course true, you have no mods that use that node. 

I need Near Future Technologies. :/ Which is not available. 

11 hours ago, Nertea said:

Hey Nertea, does Near Future ConstructionNear Future Spacecraft Parts,   Near Future Electrical,   Near Future Solar, and  Near Future Propulsion offer a complete Community Tech Tree? 

3 hours ago, WAKSLOB said:

Hey Nertea, does Near Future ConstructionNear Future Spacecraft Parts,   Near Future Electrical,   Near Future Solar, and  Near Future Propulsion offer a complete Community Tech Tree? 

I use CTT and I have most of the Near Future mods, and they seem to be in all the right places.  Bear in mind that CTT is for ANY mods that may have configurations for it, so some of those empty nodes might not have anything in them, even after you add the Near Future stuff.  You'd need to install several mods to fill out all the nodes.  If you're bothered by empty nodes, I can recommend Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes: http://spacedock.info/mod/577/Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes  I use it, and it helps to keep the tree uncluttered with empty nodes.

5 hours ago, WAKSLOB said:

I need Near Future Technologies. :/ Which is not available. 

All the Near Future stuff can be found here: http://spacedock.info/kerbal-space-program/search?query=Near

Unless you already have CKAN, you'll have to manually install these mods (unfortunately, the CKAN thread was one of the victims of the Missing First Page Mystery), but that's easy enough to do.  If you DO have CKAN, then the missing pages don't affect it for downloading/installing mods.

13 hours ago, WAKSLOB said:

There is no such thing as a complete CTT. See the FAQ:

Q: How do I get mods to fill up every node?
A: Dig around/ I provide a framework and the information in the thread - there is no "complete list" or anything. 

23 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Nertea Quick question, I play with community tech tree, but I've just recently started playing with the mod, monthly budgets [see below] and with the limited amount of funds available, and the massive amount of parts to unlock, I've found that I must frequently purchase only a few parts from each tech node. The strange thing is, when I can't purchase all the parts in a node all at once, as soon as I leave the research center screen, back to the space center view, the space center view freezes up. I can still click any buttons in the stock toolbar, or blizzy's tool bar which show up, and I can still pass time, warp to next morning, but I can't access any buildings. It seems to happen only when I purchase a few parts out of a tech node, and I'm not sure if this is something related to this mod, a combination between this mod, and monthly budgets, or some other mod, or mod combo, and I've just never run into it before because I've always been able to purchase all the parts in a node all at once before. There is a dropbox link below with both the output log for my KSP game, and a copy of my save game in which the bug happened. it is incredibly mod heavy, so I doubt you'll be able to plug that into a KSP copy and get it to work, but I though maybe there might be some clue there in the persistance file that might help? I'm really not sure where else to turn with this, as I'm really not sure how to read these things myself. if you could look and see if you see anything in there, that would point me toward the problem, if its coming from another mod, so i'll know who to approach about this issue, I'd be very grateful.

Your log does not contain an instance of this happening as far as I can tell. At least, there are no errors I can see happening. You do have a *lot* of mods. 

On 1/8/2017 at 4:09 AM, Malcymalc said:

One general question about mods and the Community Tech Tree - why is it that the bottom two branches of the CTT seem unloved by mod designers? Several mods I've loaded include recycling units, for instance, and yet don't require you to research recycling to use them. 

You could ask said modders. It's fully their decision as to why they don't use it.