[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

12 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

Any idea what's causing some of the usi ls parts to appear in the first survivability node? Recycler and and greenhouse and a few cupolas are there for some reason. Have checked the cfgs and they should not appear there.

Do these parts show up in later tech tree nodes as well? I have had this happen to me and have not been able to figure out why.

8 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Do these parts show up in later tech tree nodes as well? I have had this happen to me and have not been able to figure out why.

Good point, updated a bunch of mods and started a new career as i have discovered strategia. Didn't happen in my last career. Will load up a new one as well and see what happens.

Just now, SmashBrown said:

Good point, updated a bunch of mods and started a new career as i have discovered strategia. Didn't happen in my last career. Will load up a new one as well and see what happens.

In my case, I found that a few parts from USI-LS showed up in the first survivability node as well as their proper, later nodes. I was even able to reproduce it with a fresh KSP install with only the USI Constellation and CTT. None of the configs looked out of the ordinary to me, and I never did figure out how a part could show up twice.

51 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

Any idea what's causing some of the usi ls parts to appear in the first survivability node? Recycler and and greenhouse and a few cupolas are there for some reason. Have checked the cfgs and they should not appear there.

Did you install USI-LS before CTT?  If a part gets moved (after a save is started), it'll show up in both it's original node and the node it's been moved to.

Just now, DStaal said:

Did you install USI-LS before CTT?  If a part gets moved (after a save is started), it'll show up in both it's original node and the node it's been moved to.

no they were already in the game together in a fresh save. Also they are not in two nodes just the one.

Edited by SmashBrown

And this looks like the reason for my earlier comment about the bottom two lines of the tech tree not being populated. I had to reload everything because of an unrelated issue (my ships started revolving uncontrollably, and, surprisingly, it wasn't because of my poor design). I reloaded most mods using CKAN, tested my rocket in sandbox mode and then loaded my saved game.

I now have a bunch of rockets I can't use because the MKS / OKS components have moved within the tech tree. I've also got to figure out how to find a lot more science to unlock the bottom two lines of the tech tree! But this is all fine because things are mostly where I expect them to be and the career mode progression makes more sense!

for a long while everything worked ok, didnt update the game and all the mods, but i missed some parts.
so then i thought since comunity tech tree reveals them maybe i only update that one.
And so i updated it and also updated module manager 2.7.2

now with exception for all the things i allready discovered, all other nodes are empty ??? ( not a few nodes but all nodes, suddenly nuclear engines etc are empty)
I dont have something like hide undiscovered tech enabled, and i really miss everything beyond current, did something change ?.
what can i do about it ?.

Edited by PGTART

41 minutes ago, PGTART said:

for a long while everything worked ok, didnt update the game and all the mods, but i missed some parts.
so then i thought since comunity tech tree reveals them maybe i only update that one.
And so i updated it and also updated module manager 2.7.2

now with exception for all the things i allready discovered, all other nodes are empty ??? ( not a few nodes but all nodes, suddenly nuclear engines etc are empty)
I dont have something like hide undiscovered tech enabled, and i really miss everything beyond current, did something change ?.
what can i do about it ?.

Isn't the latest MM 2.7.4 or 2.7.5?  On a quick break at work and can't check. 

yes i updated module manager to 2.7.5 and community techtree, since then all nodes are empty with exception for what i had discovered

ok restarted PC it works... not sure maybe todo with some disk cache or so and old dll's

Edited by PGTART

• 4 weeks later...

I did as much searching as possible (many posts, including Nertea's OP, have dead links) and I might have already asked this question: does anyone maintain an up-to-date list of mods that support CTT?Mine is at best 1/2 filled. Although, I don't like some of these mods, either too futuristic or add too much complexity for my tired brain so I removed them on purpose:) But I'm wondering what I might be missing. Playing through Science mode right now and it's so much fun but I had to hide lots of empty nodes. Thanks all and Nertea for all the work!

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to report a conflict with the USI Karbonite mod.

Adding the CTT mod caused one (or more) items to not show up in the hanger and assembly building.

I noticed the ka-100 karbonite scanner would no longer show up in available items.  Unfortunately this makes the rest of the karbonite parts useless as you can't scan for the resources anymore.

I uninstalled just the CTT and it appeared again.

54 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

I just wanted to report a conflict with the USI Karbonite mod.

Adding the CTT mod caused one (or more) items to not show up in the hanger and assembly building.

I noticed the ka-100 karbonite scanner would no longer show up in available items.  Unfortunately this makes the rest of the karbonite parts useless as you can't scan for the resources anymore.

I uninstalled just the CTT and it appeared again.

Welcome to the forums!

I am running all of the USI mods (including Karbonite) and CTT and can see the parts just fine. As I  recall, the Karbonite scanner is placed in a pretty high tech node when CTT is installed. Are you sure you've unlocked them?

• 1 month later...

@Nertea For future version of CTT,  I would like to see

• An new 10000 science cost technode for Electric Propulsion, which requires Specialized Plasma Propulsion.
  • An Advanced Antimatter Tech node at 10.000 science cost requiring Antimatter Power
  • Another 10000 electric tech node requiring Experimental Electric Systems.
  • Another additional fuel storage technology at 2250 science cost requiring exotic fuel storage, mainly meant for extreme storage solutions
  • 2 additional Nuclear power techs that extend the nuclear power tech, from which the first requires High Energy Nuclear power. The main intended parts are the Gas Core reactor and Fission Fragment Reactor
Edited by FreeThinker

Alright to most of those... they'll be in the first version for KSP 1.3. Don't know when icons would happen, though.

A comment:

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:
  • An Advanced Antimatter Tech node at 10.000 science cost requiring Antimatter Power

This is intended to be Unified Field theory, is that not enough?

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:
  • 2 additional Nuclear power techs that extend the nuclear power tech, from which the first requires High Energy Nuclear power. The main intended parts are the Gas Core reactor and Fission Fragment Reactor

What tech level would these be?

54 minutes ago, Nertea said:

This is intended to be Unified Field theory, is that not enough?

No, Unified Field theory should extend the fusion Branch, Te advanced Antimatter extends the Antimatter branch and Ultra High Energy extends the high energy research branch.

54 minutes ago, Nertea said:

What tech level would these be?

The same cost as experimental nuclear propulsion and exotic nuclear propulsion.

Edited by FreeThinker

Alright, shameless mod plug time.

I made a mod for CTT that moves some parts around to go into tech tree nodes introduced by CTT. I just thought this was related to the discussion and would like to share it.

link here:

Edited by TheJewelOfJool

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.5.2017 at 6:58 PM, TheJewelOfJool said:

I just thought this was related to the discussion and would like to share it.

I just thought "whut?" because I wondered where are the stock pods in a new careeer without so many part mods which include own pods...

No pods, really?

So thanks for just exactly answering my question with your post (the last one - how fancy) before I even typed it...

It just seems that stock tech tree entries are NOT included like others claimed... for example advScienceTech ...

I really have to manually edit the config provided 2 posts above to include pods from FASA etc.

And I have to tell every entry one simple thing:

:AFTER[RealismOverhaul] not really, seemed so, but now I know that many mods got no MM patches for CTT support AND/OR CTT is not able to automatically convert stock nodes into CTT nodes.

Why is CTT not providing an MM patch that automatically moves the stock tech tree entries to corresponding CTT ones in EVERY part?

Edited by Gordon Dry

@Gordon Dry CTT doesn't change any of the stock nodes so all parts should be able to load onto the tech tree without config editing. I don't know what's going on on your side but I'd guess it's a mod conflict.

for example, AdvancedSciTech has the exact same name in both Stock and CTT. Don't belive me, check out https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/CommunityTechTree/blob/master/GameData/CommunityTechTree/Tree/CommunityTechTree.cfg#L166

Edited by TheRagingIrishman