[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

I've done some searching in the thread and via google and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is supposed to populate the Specialized and Heavy Command Center and Lander nodes, can somebody clue me in?

Edited by cts359

On 10/04/2018 at 12:52 AM, Nertea said:

I can't stress how important 3.3.1 was for me. It's an important milestone in the development of CTT, similar to how Making History was a huge milestone for KSP. Nothing will ever be the same again.

•  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Updated MiniAVC to 1.2.0.1

When I launch KSP using this version of the mod, it says it is not compatible with version 1.4.2 and says that it is made for version 1.4.1. Any Ideas?

16 hours ago, GippoHippo said:

When I launch KSP using this version of the mod, it says it is not compatible with version 1.4.2 and says that it is made for version 1.4.1. Any Ideas?

6 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

Same happened to me 

@DiscoveryPlanet and @GippoHippo Have you tried it ? because it does work the only thing wrong is the version no. you can run mods perfectly ok with an incorrect version number. if you read Nertea's post on this page all he changed for 1.4.2 was the mini avc which again is just a version checker.  

1 hour ago, Kwarazi said:

@DiscoveryPlanet and @GippoHippo Have you tried it ? because it does work the only thing wrong is the version no. you can run mods perfectly ok with an incorrect version number. if you read Nertea's post on this page all he changed for 1.4.2 was the mini avc which again is just a version checker.  

I just removed the mod anyways because the only mod I had installed which took advantage of it was Near Future Technologies, as a result most of the branches were empty for me in game.

20 hours ago, GippoHippo said:

I just removed the mod anyways because the only mod I had installed which took advantage of it was Near Future Technologies, as a result most of the branches were empty for me in game.

i think the empty branches happen because you dont install the specific mod yet, and if you dont want to see empty branches, try install "HideEmptyTechTreeNodes" mod

Edited by DiscoveryPlanet

Does anybody by chance have a more comprehensive list of mods that make use of the tech tree. It's great to see a bigger tech tree and I've got some of the branches filled out decently, but there are still huge chunks of the tree completely unpopulated for me.

I have nothing on or past the following nodes on my tech tree: Experimental Nuclear power, Fusion Power, Improved Nuclear Propulsion, Colossal Rocketry, Extreme Fuel Storage, Subsonic Flight, Specialized Landers, Specialized command centers, Specialized science tech, Exotic Plasma Propulsion, High Power Electrical systems, Exotic Solar Technology, Heat Management Systems, Advanced Colonization

14 hours ago, Darinth said:

Does anybody by chance have a more comprehensive list of mods that make use of the tech tree. It's great to see a bigger tech tree and I've got some of the branches filled out decently, but there are still huge chunks of the tree completely unpopulated for me.

I have nothing on or past the following nodes on my tech tree: Experimental Nuclear power, Fusion Power, Improved Nuclear Propulsion, Colossal Rocketry, Extreme Fuel Storage, Subsonic Flight, Specialized Landers, Specialized command centers, Specialized science tech, Exotic Plasma Propulsion, High Power Electrical systems, Exotic Solar Technology, Heat Management Systems, Advanced Colonization

Use this: 

2 hours ago, Darinth said:

While that'll work for the nodes that I can't manage to fill out, I'd actually really like to find useful things to fill in the nodes with.

I don't think you're going to find a list of mods that take advantage of CTT. Keep in mind, it's going to be part mods that fill in the blanks.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've made the rather rude discovery that YongeTech's TechTree Plugin and Community Tech Tree do not like each other, at least on my save. Having both installed prevented CTT from loading and modifying the stock tree.

New version, 3.3.2

• KSP 1.4.3
  •  Added Italian translation courtesy of Simog
  •  Modified the structure of the Aero branches to reduce arrow overlap

If I got the KSP_VERSION_MIN and stuff right, this should stay valid until 1.4.9 from 1.4.2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

shame on me if this was already asked a lot of time, but the thread is going quite huge... -_-
I'm in the middle of a career game wtih USI-LS and USI-MKS.
I've unlocked the techtree, with the exception of the last tier.

What will happen if I install this mod on my ongoing career?
Will the life-support parts become locked?
Will the mod integrate properly?
I did not start any colonization, thus, only life-support parts do matter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 3:55 AM, lugge said:

shame on me if this was already asked a lot of time, but the thread is going quite huge... -_-
I'm in the middle of a career game wtih USI-LS and USI-MKS.
I've unlocked the techtree, with the exception of the last tier.

What will happen if I install this mod on my ongoing career?
Will the life-support parts become locked?
Will the mod integrate properly?
I did not start any colonization, thus, only life-support parts do matter.

Installing this mid-career is not recommended, though it doesn't break anything.  What happens is that parts you've already unlocked that move will be present in both places in the tech tree, presenting what's largely a visual glitch, and allowing you to use parts that you might not have been otherwise able to unlock.

For you, I'd avoid installing it this late in your game - but it won't actually hurt your game to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MigsG said:

I really appreciate this mod, but when I use it most of the time, there would be empty tech nodes, even when I have installed the proper mods for them. Help?

"...most of the time..."?  Do you mean the nodes are sometimes filled and sometimes not when you start the game (this would be very weird), or nodes that should have parts remain empty every time.  Which mods are not showing up and where do you expect them?

Even with CTT and "proper mods" installed, I think there will be some empty nodes by design.  There's another mod that will hide empty nodes:

If none of the above helps, it's a possible it's an install problem.  Post links to your output_log file and screenshots of your a) GameData directory and b) perhaps a shot of your tech tree showing the problem (all uploaded to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox and/or Imgur) to help others diagnose the problem.

Please read How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums.

14 hours ago, Brigadier said:

"...most of the time..."?  Do you mean the nodes are sometimes filled and sometimes not when you start the game (this would be very weird), or nodes that should have parts remain empty every time.  Which mods are not showing up and where do you expect them?

Even with CTT and "proper mods" installed, I think there will be some empty nodes by design.  There's another mod that will hide empty nodes:

If none of the above helps, it's a possible it's an install problem.  Post links to your output_log file and screenshots of your a) GameData directory and b) perhaps a shot of your tech tree showing the problem (all uploaded to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox and/or Imgur) to help others diagnose the problem.

Please read How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums.

Well, so far, I've only downloaded the Near Future set of mods, along with SpaceY, MRS, Lithobrake, and Cyrogenic Engines. However, when I open the game, all of the downloaded mods are not in their respective tech nodes. Additionally, some tech lines intersect with each other.

Also, when I download the above mod, it hides the entire added Tech Tree Nodes altogether. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/3FTlspe <--- This is the link to the screenshots. 

4 hours ago, MigsG said:

Well, so far, I've only downloaded the Near Future set of mods, along with SpaceY, MRS, Lithobrake, and Cyrogenic Engines. However, when I open the game, all of the downloaded mods are not in their respective tech nodes. Additionally, some tech lines intersect with each other.

Also, when I download the above mod, it hides the entire added Tech Tree Nodes altogether. 

I'm not sure you installed the CCT and Near Future Mods correctly. I don't think there should be any version numbers at the end of the folder names. Check inside those folders for maybe the correct folders to install. It might not make a difference though.

1 minute ago, ev0 said:

I'm not sure you installed the CCT and Near Future Mods correctly. I don't think there should be any version numbers at the end of the folder names. Check inside those folders for maybe the correct folders to install. It might not make a difference though.

5 hours ago, MigsG said:

Thanks for the screenshots - this helps.  I agree with @ev0.  It appears as though you're using a Mac so my knowledge is limited but the folders in the GameData directory should not have version numbers.  If you're renaming them, don't.  The mods will probably (surely?) not work if you do.  If you're not renaming them yourself, find out what's doing it and tell it to stop :D  CTT not installed correctly is probably causing your problem.

If you're downloading the mods from SpaceDock or Curse, make sure you are extracting the contents of the zip file's GameData into your game's GameData without modification.  On a PC, this just means copying the zip file's GameData into your game directory.  Provided the mod was not installed previously, there should be nothing else to do.  If it was installed previously, a good practice is to delete the old mod directory before installing the new version.  An excerpt of mine looks like this:

VtQbod5.jpg

A possible exception to this is ModuleManager which should almost always be the latest version, regardless of what is packaged by a mod author.  Apparently, multiple versions of MM in GameData don't conflict anymore, but I prefer to have just one MM dll in my GameData.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:02 PM, Brigadier said:

Thanks for the screenshots - this helps.  I agree with @ev0.  It appears as though you're using a Mac so my knowledge is limited but the folders in the GameData directory should not have version numbers.  If you're renaming them, don't.  The mods will probably (surely?) not work if you do.  If you're not renaming them yourself, find out what's doing it and tell it to stop :D  CTT not installed correctly is probably causing your problem.

If you're downloading the mods from SpaceDock or Curse, make sure you are extracting the contents of the zip file's GameData into your game's GameData without modification.  On a PC, this just means copying the zip file's GameData into your game directory.  Provided the mod was not installed previously, there should be nothing else to do.  If it was installed previously, a good practice is to delete the old mod directory before installing the new version.  An excerpt of mine looks like this:

VtQbod5.jpg

A possible exception to this is ModuleManager which should almost always be the latest version, regardless of what is packaged by a mod author.  Apparently, multiple versions of MM in GameData don't conflict anymore, but I prefer to have just one MM dll in my GameData.

I extracted the GameData of CTT (along with other mods) and most of the problems were solved. However, on some occasions (Near Future Construction) the nodes (Orbital Megastructures, Orbital Assembly, etc.) still contain nothing. Additionally, I'm having problems with KSP Interstellar. It says I downloaded it incorrectly, and I tried to find the GameData Folder within the mod files, but couldn't find anything.

https://imgur.com/8xTstJA <-- Pic of the Interstellar Mod Files (I renamed the file itself, it was originally GameData-7. Note that there is no folder called "GameData.")