[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, JDCollie said:

Does anyone happen to know if there is a gui out there for editing tech trees in CTT without having to jump into the text files?

You have to jump into text files. There really isn't any other way. (the KSP Tech Tree Editor program doesn't like CTT-style trees because they are not complete trees, only MM patches to move/alter stock nodes + new new nodes).

• 2 weeks later...

@TheAngryHulk

Just the links are broken, the mods still exists.

Here are some working links (the last mod of this list is not updated to 1.4) :)

Near Future Technologies (all 1.02 compatible packs) [adds to ion propulsion, construction, heat management and nuclear power branches]

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [adds to construction and habitation branches]

Cryogenic Engines [adds to Rocketry branch]

KSP Interstellar Extended [adds to many branches and late game tech nodes]

SpaceY Heavy Lifters [adds to Rocketry branch]

Modular Rocket Systems [adds to Rocketry branch]

USI Life Support [adds to Life Support branch]

USI OKS/MKS [adds to construction, colonization, life support and much more]

Alcubierre Warp Drive [adds to warp drive nodes]

• 1 month later...

Someone might have already asked this, but what happens if I am mostly through the stock tech tree, and I install this mod?  Do I lose a bunch, or all of my already unlocked parts?  And would ships with those parts on them stop existing?

Edited by Hydrothermalventclam

@Hydrothermalventclam I haven't done this, but I would expect is that all existing craft will be fine. The parts exist in your save file and is in on a craft, it doesn't really matter how it got there. Even in the stock game you could install parts intended for a "Test" on as many craft as you want until you test it. Once you do the test, any existing craft using the "Test" part don't disappear. What should happen is that you will have a bunch of  parts you had previously unlocked are now locked in the editor until you unlock the new tech nodes.

When I decided I wanted to use CTT I did it from a fresh save.

However, mod parts often appear in different places in the tech tree depending on whether CTT is installed.  If you've already unlocked a part, and then installing CTT causes it to move to a different tech node, it'll end up appearing in both places: the "old" node where you've already unlocked it, and the "new" node where it's now meant to be.  Shouldn't actually hurt anything, (and you'll still be able to use the part), but you  might end up accidentally paying to unlock it again in the new node, and the little badge numbers on the "old" node (that shows how many locked parts are in it) may be incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 9:05 AM, Artemonim said:

@Nertea, mods can support CTT only through *.cfg file with @PART[*]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] or no?

I would like to add support for several mods, but not sure they need it.

Yes that is the best way to do it. If you want to add support for other mods, always nice to ask them first though!

23 minutes ago, Nertea said:

ask them first

I think to create Git pull requests for each mod that use Git and wait for author to accept it. If author don't react to pull request for a week => create standalone CTT patch for the mod.

I'm not breaking community rules, am I?

And one more question - CTT can work only with parts?

Edited by Artemonim

1 hour ago, Ocid said:

Hi, 

I see the list for mods to fill in the tech tree nodes.

Does anyone know of mods that fill in the later nodes in science that isn't Interstellar.

Thanks

Near Future Technologies collection of mods includes many later tech nodes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

CTT 3.3.5

• KSP 1.6.x support

With this update, CKAN will be supported officially. Also please note the removal of the Dropbox D/L. It was annoying to update, if you want you can now get it from the Github releases page.