[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

Is there somewhere that keeps a list of what mods will fill in which nodes on the tree? If not, can someone make one. I like having all of the extra tech, but sifting through the thousands of mods to find which ones fill which nodes to quite daunting. For example, I looked at my Hydroponics node and the only thing in it was a heat shield. Seems odd to me that a heat shield would have anything to do with Hydroponics.

Thanks

On 2/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, Subnautica Memes said:

why does my tech tree's first starter node not include any means of propulsion? And the only commad pod is the russian probe?

They are trying to simulate the natural progression from flight to spaceflight and thus you should start with a simple airplane.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EDIT/Nevermind: So apparently, for some really bizarre reason, I had a copy of the entire CTT folder hidden inside another mod.

I'm having an issue with some tech nodes duplicating.

Since they are perfect duplicates, one node sits directly on top of the other and all the same parts are available in each. In order to advance in the Tech Tree, it's necessary to unlock both nodes. And the only reason you would ever know the duplicate is there is because of the little green circle indicator telling you how many parts are available to unlock, which is also the only way to click on the duplicate node in order to unlock it.

The nodes are 100% identical, even in ModuleManager.TechTree

It's happening with multiple nodes all over the tree, but here's an example from that file:

Spoiler

Line 2899: 

RDNode
    {
        id = storageTech
        title = Storage Technology
        description = For those times when a cardboard box just won't do!
        cost = 90
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = ct_storageTech
        anyToUnlock = False
        icon = CommunityTechTree/UI/ctt_icon_storageTech
        pos = -1724,260,-1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = basicScience
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }

Line 4535:

RDNode
    {
        id = storageTech
        title = Storage Technology
        description = For those times when a cardboard box just won't do!
        cost = 90
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = ct_storageTech
        anyToUnlock = False
        icon = CommunityTechTree/UI/ctt_icon_storageTech
        pos = -1724,260,-1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = basicScience
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }

They are not duplicated in the CTT Tree file, and all the parts that use MM configs to require the above (and other) techs appear to use the correct tech id.

I usually play with whatever the setting is called where you have to unlock each part with Kerbal Bucks.

In the first node, I unlock the node and all the parts, but in the duplicate node, even once the node is unlocked, the parts in the node are 'unbought', but can be unlocked. This is really odd, because in the VAB, once you unlock both sets of identical parts in both identical nodes, the parts themselves are not duplicated.

Edited by DirtyFace83
Solved I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having problems with this mod in 1.10 (and I think that's probably obvious as to why with some of the recent changes but I wanted to ask just on the off chance I'm slow lol).  I can upload a log if needed, but I'm less worried about knowing why it's not working, and more wanting to know if it's broken in 1.10.  If not broken it likely was just my end being dumb and I'll try to sort through it before coming back for more info. :P

On 7/12/2020 at 5:32 AM, StoneWolfPC said:

I'm having problems with this mod in 1.10 (and I think that's probably obvious as to why with some of the recent changes but I wanted to ask just on the off chance I'm slow lol).  I can upload a log if needed, but I'm less worried about knowing why it's not working, and more wanting to know if it's broken in 1.10.  If not broken it likely was just my end being dumb and I'll try to sort through it before coming back for more info. :P

There's no fundamental reason why there should be any issues with 1.10, however I'm not providing support for anything post 1.9 right now.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, StoneWolfPC said:

What's the problem?  I'm using CTT 3.4.1 in KSP 1.10 x64, with MKS loaded, and didn't notice anything amiss.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, KSPrynk said:

What's the problem?  I'm using CTT 3.4.1 in KSP 1.10 x64, with MKS loaded, and didn't notice anything amiss.

I'm not sure why I didn't get a notification for your reply nor Nertea's.  I uninstalled all mods and reinstalled and the issue is entirely resolved lmao.  I suspected that would happen when I was looking at my log files.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 11:11 PM, NoahGoldFox said:

I know these questions arent liked much, but does anybody know what mods fill in the "gigantic rocketry" and "colossal rocketry" nods? I have pretty much every other node filled except those 2. (and specialized command modules)

Try stuff from SpaceY and SpaceY Heavy Lifters.

I just tried installing this mod, and went to R&D, and didn't see any of the new tech tree nodes (though all my modded parts were there). After a bit too much digging around, I realized that I forgot to install the mod before launching KSP! D'oh.

Well, thanks @Nertea for this awesome tech tree mod! I always felt that the stock tech tree was a bit lacking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stupid question: I usually like playing with CTT but this time around I wanted to just use the stock tree after seeing the prices and just how many branches there are since my last play through. I have deleted CTT and for some reason the tree is not reverting back to stock. I also deleted all the config files for MM to start with a fresh load. Idk what I'm doing wrong here can someone direct me?

• 1 month later...

I'm not quite sure where to report this bug, but I'm hoping folks here may be able to point me in the right direction, as I think this is a tech-tree related issue. 

I've notice some weird behavior with the costs associated "Purchase [All] Parts" button in R&D. (This button only appears with the "No Entry Purchase Required on Research" option unchecked, typically on Moderate or higher difficulties.) Here, you can see that I have three parts left to purchase in High-Performance Fuel Systems, which should cost a total of $875k per the display.

Spoiler

3NiYaKx.png

I should be able to afford that with my current bank of $1.39M, so I press the button, and my funds drop to $-325k

Spoiler

tocC7g6.png

I have a single wild-eyed guess about what might be causing this... I have a number of fine mods from Nertea installed, including Restock/Restock Plus and Near Future Launch Vehicles; also, I have Making History. This means that a number of duplicative parts from RS+ and MH are hidden via ModuleManager, but maybe their unlock costs are getting added to purchase-all-parts-in-this-node behavior, leading to higher total costs than anticipated. If that's the case, this could well be a stock bug that's only seen with a certain combination of settings and mods.

Anyway, here's a log.

19 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

This means that a number of duplicative parts from RS+ and MH are hidden via ModuleManager, but maybe their unlock costs are getting added to purchase-all-parts-in-this-node behavior, leading to higher total costs than anticipated.

I'm pretty sure I've discovered this in the past too, so I think you're right.

All of Squad's deprecated parts have "entryCost = 0" (in addition to "TechHidden = True"), presumably for this reason.  Deprecated mod parts ought to be doing the same thing.

@Nertea, I checked and MH+ has "entryCost = 0" for the deprecated Mallet, Striker, and Anvil SRBs, but not for the 1.875m nosecone, mini claw, or MakingHistoryPartHiding patch.  It's a pretty simple fix, so I'll submit a pull request.