[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

Interesting, I'd best live without for now then. Thanks for that. I have also been informed that it is easiest to just remove the empty nodes, it goes against every fiber of my hoarding of mods mentality but it would save us all alot of time rather than having to come here asking for where the missing mods are. 

Thanks for the info though. 

23 hours ago, Alexology said:

I have also been informed that it is easiest to just remove the empty nodes, it goes against every fiber of my hoarding of mods mentality but it would save us all alot of time rather than having to come here asking for where the missing mods are.

There's a mod for that in KSP 1.1.3. 

On 7-10-2016 at 8:31 PM, Brigadier said:

There's a mod for that in KSP 1.1.3. 

This mod is a huge mind F***, There is nothing sophisticated about this mod, the only thing it does is set all hideEmpty to true, something which was specificly set to false to prevent some issues with mods that only use the last tech nodes without using intermediate tech nodes. It will give problems if you don't  have mods that fill the intermediate technodes.

There is a solution , it would require a little bit more creative scripting, but no one seem to have implemented it.

Edited by FreeThinker

14 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

... the only thing it does is set all hideEmpty to true, ...

That's not true. It's explained better somewhere within the threads than the first post though. I use Module Manager to set hideEmpty to true, but after that the .dll fixes the problems that you mentioned when you don't install mods in the intermediate nodes. It definitely could be coded better though, something I want to fix for 1.2. But that was my fist time using C#.:P

1 hour ago, ev0 said:

That's not true. It's explained better somewhere within the threads than the first post though. I use Module Manager to set hideEmpty to true, but after that the .dll fixes the problems that you mentioned when you don't install mods in the intermediate nodes. It definitely could be coded better though, something I want to fix for 1.2. But that was my fist time using C#.:P

Oh, apologize then, in that case I suggest this mod is included in CTT be default

5 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

Seems to work with 1.2 and Module Manager 2.7.1. I'm getting one error which prevents the creation of the cache. Seems to work fine, though: all additional nodes are there.

Error appears on line 1952: http://pastebin.com/wLYFTKab

I am unsure how I can get more details on the error, though.

Though I appreciate the note, I also appreciate people not using this until it is updated. 

Discovered a very vexing thing while testing the 1.2 update today - seems that at the higher ( > 85%) zoom levels, arrows in some random parts of the tree don;'t render in 1.2. It appears to be correlated with the screen's position - move too far to the bottom right and it happens.

@Probus - have you started updating ETT, and if so, have you seen these flicking arrows?

Edited by Nertea

Some of you: please keep in mind that modmakers tend to get bombarded with update requests, and it can start to feel like harassment. Please allow them to update as they have time. 

Others of you: saying mean things to people who ask for updates doesn't improve the situation. Just hit the report button and move on, please. (Some posts removed,)

This and MechJeb make career mode possible with all the add-ons that I prefer to play with (Including some by by Nertea as well as others).  Porting an app to a new rendering engine and runtime environment is a complex and non-trivial thing to do -- and will take time even if you were getting paid for it.  I really appreciate the author throwing his own time at this for free. Nertea, thanks!

To quote Blizzard, the developers of the most successful online multiplayer game of all time, "It will be released when its ready" - that's why the developers here say the same thing, they know that just how it is with game software and delivery dates.    Be patient, these things are seriously worth the wait.  Until then, there's always throw-away sandbox mode games! Just Kerbal out.

Edited by Murdabenne

22 hours ago, Nertea said:

@Probus - have you started updating ETT, and if so, have you seen these flicking arrows?

Yes, but haven't seen the flickering arrows... yet @Nertea.  I did notice some flickering in the VAB due to one of my mods I'm sure.

Seems to be a stock issue based on having a sufficient number of complex parts. Here is an experiment that will prove it: try adding various parts mods until you get the glitch - then start over and add  unique combinations that each excluded all of the ones in the other combination, until you get the glitch. That is to say, find 2 sets of multiple parts mods where neither has a mod in common but yet both have the glitch; that will prove its a stock bug.

6 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

My entire parts categories as well as the top menu bar (save/open/etc in VAB/SPH) sometimes disappear for a second or two.

It's probably a stock bug.

It's a widely reported bug. Seems to crop up if you've loaded a large number of modded parts.

10 hours ago, Nertea said:

I'll have to test with a bare install then, but this isn't really flickering...

Yeah it's a stock issue, the more you spend in VAB/SPH the more it flickers. You even have obstructed vision of costs/available funds, and stages tend to dissapear. It was widely reported on clean installs, and there is a thread for it somewhere. " No single mod causes the problem and it only happens in the VAB/SPH. " Reportedly, it's also connected to larger numbers of modded parts (even though it persists on clean plays, tested myself). So, not your fault.

Edited by Stikkychaos