[1.11.x] Community Tech Tree (December 23, 2020)

Is there any known reason why i'm not seeing any girders/plates in the tech tree? Some of the parts used to unlock in construction 101 node, but in 1.10 there aren's any of them. I am running a bunch of other mods, naturally, but what can cause structural stuff to just be puf and gone? )

19 hours ago, ZatriX said:

Is there any known reason why i'm not seeing any girders/plates in the tech tree? Some of the parts used to unlock in construction 101 node, but in 1.10 there aren's any of them. I am running a bunch of other mods, naturally, but what can cause structural stuff to just be puf and gone? )

@ZatriX. It is possible that a mod moved them to another node in the tech tree. Do you see them in the vab if you open the game in sandbox mode? What mods are you using? Maybe a screenshot of your gamedata folder could be helpful.

8 hours ago, hemeac said:

@ZatriX. It is possible that a mod moved them to another node in the tech tree. Do you see them in the vab if you open the game in sandbox mode? What mods are you using? Maybe a screenshot of your gamedata folder could be helpful.

That is a good idea with the sandbox, why didn't I think of that, hm. Going to check.  I distinctly remember in my previous mod collection there were like little offshoots next to some nodes, worth 1-2 science that were responsible for the basic structural components, but they are not there any more and for the life of me I don't remember which mod did that. Current Gamedata below: 2b5a3b2d3ec1.jpg

1 hour ago, hemeac said:

@ZatriX, that was really helpful.  Sounds like you've previously used UnKerballed Start in your games.  That creates those offshoots and places the structural parts earlier in the tree.

@hemeac Rats, of course. And this time I decided to use "probes before crew".  I was trying to remember the name of the mod, but only 'unmanned before manned" came to mind and that isn't compatible no more.

Thanks! I'll try to install it and hope it won't break the save.

Edited by ZatriX

Yeah, unfortunately KSP saves parts in unlocked nodes in the save file, so if you're going to try a new tech tree, I 100% recommend starting a brand new save file. You can get around this by manually deleting the nodes and parts in the save file, but if you have part unlock costs, you'll have to pay for the unlocks over again. If you try that, make sure you back up your save first!

• 4 weeks later...

The mod only seems to work with Interstellar Extended parts, for other mods it doesn't , like for Near Future technologies the parts are almost all unlockable in early game, but they are supposed to be in colossal rocketery and more but they are in stock nodes, I also have empty nodes, Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes doesn't work either, is there a solution for that?

9 hours ago, BlueBirdAzurite said:

The mod only seems to work with Interstellar Extended parts, for other mods it doesn't , like for Near Future technologies the parts are almost all unlockable in early game, but they are supposed to be in colossal rocketery and more but they are in stock nodes, I also have empty nodes, Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes doesn't work either, is there a solution for that?

For Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes, I have link to a pre-release you can download if you go towards the last page of the posts on the mod's forum page. I guess I should finalize it and put it on the main page.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Battou said:

In 1.11 I find all command pods in wrong nodes, the ones with RCS.

Either you misinstalled something or you are using some mod that is misconfigured. All I can say is that all my pods are in the proper places, but the only mods I have installed that add pods are the Near Future mods.

• 2 months later...

I'm getting a massive framerate issue with a specific research node, "Advanced Exploration". I only started noticing this problem when i started a career game.

Basically when this node is not researched, my framerate drops to around 40. As soon as I research it, my framerate increases to 76. This framerate issue seems persistent throughout all scenes.

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0kmcb5gqugxlqp/KSP.log?dl=0

Edit: It seems to  be tied to this one specific part. Unlocking the node itself does not fix it, but buying this part fixes the framerate. I have no idea how to fix this or even debug it.

fe58225ad5.png

Edited by John007qwe
2 hours ago, John007qwe said:

Edit: It seems to  be tied to this one specific part. Unlocking the node itself does not fix it, but buying this part fixes the framerate. I have no idea how to fix this or even debug it.

That's a Squad part, from the Breaking Ground expansion.  It's plausible that there could be some sort of stock bug causing that, though it's more likely something caused by a mod (maybe one that does things with science parts).

It's unlikely to be caused by CTT, though.  CTT is just a ModuleManager patch that adds nodes to the tech tree; it doesn't contain any executable code and doesn't change the behavior of any parts.

23 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

That's a Squad part, from the Breaking Ground expansion.  It's plausible that there could be some sort of stock bug causing that, though it's more likely something caused by a mod (maybe one that does things with science parts).

It's unlikely to be caused by CTT, though.  CTT is just a ModuleManager patch that adds nodes to the tech tree; it doesn't contain any executable code and doesn't change the behavior of any parts.

Yes I just confirmed it's not related to CTT at all. I'm currently going through the ksp.log to see which mods affect that part.

Sorry for the trouble.