[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

I've been re-updating my mods for the new 1.0.5 release, and I've grabbed this mod, which I love, btw, but in my previous version, there was another mod I had gotten ahold of, that hid the empty nodes in this mod, and being the idiot I am, I deleted it by mistake before looking it up/moving it to the new game. anyone happen to know which mod I'm talking about?

Hey,

since 1.0.5 is not necessarily savegame breaking (at least for science mode), I was wondering whether you plan to change/add to CTT for it or whether you will wait for KSP 1.1?

Since some tech tree mods (like ETT and SETIctt) are based on the CTT, they would need to adjust for those changes with regards to node positions etc.

Edited by Yemo

I've been re-updating my mods for the new 1.0.5 release, and I've grabbed this mod, which I love, btw, but in my previous version, there was another mod I had gotten ahold of, that hid the empty nodes in this mod, and being the idiot I am, I deleted it by mistake before looking it up/moving it to the new game. anyone happen to know which mod I'm talking about?

Can't remember mod name, but I recall that moder posted several times link for it. Try to search in main CTT thread first.

I'm not sure, but there might be link for it somewhere in this thread too.

EDIT:

Sorry, I have opened many threads at once, I was thinkink it is SETI thread. You may look there for link too.

Edited by kcs123

Can't remember mod name, but I recall that moder posted several times link for it. Try to search in main CTT thread first.

I'm not sure, but there might be link for it somewhere in this thread too.

EDIT:

Sorry, I have opened many threads at once, I was thinkink it is SETI thread. You may look there for link too.

Seems like every mod is linked in SETI, except the one I'm looking for. :) I'll keep looking.

I'm just a little helper, not a mod author... I'll update the metadata only once Nertea declares it officially sanctioned (it's possible that he's planning to implement some pending changes). Or in the case of Nertea being MIA, when at least 3-4 people can give me reliable confirmation that it actually works. Just because I think that it should work, because the patchnotes don't mention any changes to the way tech trees are defined, doesn't mean there's no chance that it doesn't. Not everything makes it into the patchnotes all the time, and I don't want to be responsible for negligently ruining people's saves. ;)

Edited by Streetwind

@Skystorm: Thanks for the report!

In general though, an addendum to what I said above: Turns out that I cannot really change the metadata with respect to the version number, because that is populated automatically from KerbalStuff. I could technically disconnect that and populate all the auto-synced fields by hand, but that is tedious and complicated and the metadata would no longer respond to changes made on KerbalStuff, which is the primary mirror. It's basically neither worth it nor a good idea.

@Skystorm: Thanks for the report!

In general though, an addendum to what I said above: Turns out that I cannot really change the metadata with respect to the version number, because that is populated automatically from KerbalStuff. I could technically disconnect that and populate all the auto-synced fields by hand, but that is tedious and complicated and the metadata would no longer respond to changes made on KerbalStuff, which is the primary mirror. It's basically neither worth it nor a good idea.

CTT will be downloadable for 1.0.5 when this PR gets merged. It overrides the compatible version from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5

I must preface this by saying I'm *guessing* that the problem is with CTT, but I appear to not have any access to the stock fairings when using the current version of CTT in 1.05. If I go into a Sandbox game everything's fine, but in Career they're missing from the tech tree. Help please? O_o

I don't even understand what you've done there... Darn spec extensions :P

But as long as it can be easily reverted once KerbalStuff is updated, I suppose it works!

I'll keep it understandable: It makes CTT compatible with 1.0.4 and 1.0.5.

It can be reverted easily

[quote name='inigma']Is this the place to suggest CTT start with small rover wheels, small battery, command seat,flea, and cmd pod mk1? Also is this on github?[/QUOTE]
No to 1, read the OP. Yes to 2.

Update 2.2 will contain the few new techs mentioned earlier and fully vetted 1.05 compatibility. Up later once I finish testing.

Tested and deployed:
[list]
[*] KSP 1.0.5
[*] Added Specialized Command Modules technology
[*] Added Efficient Flight Systems technology
[*] Added Experimental Nuclear Propulsion technology
[*] Added Exotic Nuclear Propulsion technology
[*] Added Advanced Aerospace Engineering technology
[*] Added Unified Field Theory technology
[/list]

[quote name='inigma']Is this the place to suggest CTT start with small rover wheels, small battery, command seat,flea, and cmd pod mk1? Also is this on github?[/QUOTE]

This is all in the config anyway. Tbh, I also moved the first rover wheels forward for my career to get them for early mun probes :)

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Nertea']Tested and deployed:
[LIST]
[*] KSP 1.0.5
[*]...[/QUOTE]
[/LIST]

Nice, thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Spagoose said:

Out of curiosity, what is the recommended science return in the difficulty settings with this mod? Does completing this tech tree need considerable more science than the stock tree?

Simply because the tree is significantly longer, yes. That said, the stock tree can be completed without even touching another planet (a trip to solar SoI and proper farming of the Kerbin system and you're done). By having a much longer tree (for higher mod techs and the like), you're going to need more science and thus need at least one good interplanetary trip, likely two.

That said, science return settings do not need any alteration. Its still easily doable to fill out this tree without adjusting that slider. Its just a bit harder than default.