[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 8:25 AM, leosefcik said:

I don’t know why but the MK1 fuselage and the MK1 fuselage with the intake are missing, even though i have the whole tech tree...

This mod does not affect part locations, so you should track down whatever is moving them and look there. 

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

I have an idea for a custom icon for the "Faster Than Light" node, and for a new "Cryonics" node for DeepFreeze. Would you be interested in me making them, @Nertea?

I don't think we have a faster than light node, it's a larger umbrella under Ultra High Energy Physics. New nodes are limited. See this from the OP:

Q: I want to add a new node for my mod, can you add it?
A: To avoid tree bloat (a problem in the past), I have a strict requirement that at minimum 2 mods must want a node before I will consider adding it.
Take your node idea, talk to other relevant mod authors to see if they'd use it, then come to me with approvals from the stakeholders and we will work towards that

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

I don't think we have a faster than light node, it's a larger umbrella under Ultra High Energy Physics. New nodes are limited. See this from the OP:

Thanks for the reply! Just checked the files and that node is added by KSPI-E; to be honest, I was not aware that those nodes were *added* by other mods :D

EDIT: Is there a tool for designing/readjusting the tech tree, or do I have to eyeball node positions with just numeric coordinates?

EDIT EDIT: Did you make the icons in Photoshop? I'd like to replicate the emboss/deboss effect you use for the sake of uniformity.

Edited by Tonas1997

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to give something back to the KSP community, so I quickly whipped up this corrected chart of the Community Tech Tree. I completed all the branches and verified all the prerequisites, making sure every line was correct. I also made sure that lines that cross are broken so it's obvious that it's not a node of intersecting parent lines.

CCT.png

I made this up while re-working my own tech tree to make sense. (I mean, why is the Aviation and Flight branch so darn hard to reach? Subsonic Flight should come WAY earlier in the tech advancement... like right alongside Engineering 101 as another prerequisite to Stability instead of Basic Rocketry... that sort of idea)

Anyway, I hope people find it useful. Feel free to use it in the OP in place of the outdated one. And THANK YOU @Nertea for maintaining this mod.

@Nertea I propose we extend the nuclear propulsion branch with another tier 12 technode (4000 science). Which would give the more extreme nuclear rockets like Nuclear Salt Water Rocket more room. I suggest we call it extreme nuclear propulsion.

RDNode
{
        	id = extremeNuclearPropulsion
        	title = #LOC_CTT_extremeNuclearPropulsion_title 		// #LOC_CTT_extremeNuclearPropulsion_title = Extreme Nuclear Propulsion
        	description = #LOC_CTT_extremeNuclearPropulsion_description 	// #LOC_CTT_extremeNuclearPropulsion_description = Research into the strangest, weirdest, all all-out extreme forms of nuclear propulsion.
        	cost = 4000
        	hideEmpty = False
        	nodeName = ct_extremeNuclearPropulsion
        	anyToUnlock = True
        	icon = ct_exoticNuclearPropulsion
        	pos = -354,1693,-1
        	scale = 0.6
        	Parent
        	{
            		parentID = exoticNuclearPropulsion
            		lineFrom = RIGHT
            		lineTo = LEFT
        	}
}

Edited by FreeThinker

On 11/17/2014 at 12:14 AM, Nertea said:

Q: I want to add a new node for my mod, can you add it?
A: To avoid tree bloat (a problem in the past), I have a strict requirement that at minimum 2 mods must want a node before I will consider adding it.
Take your node idea, talk to other relevant mod authors to see if they'd use it, then come to me with approvals from the stakeholders and we will work towards that. 

I think this still applies - can you point to >= 1 other mod that wants to use such as node?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, horngeek said:

To check- exactly how badly would I break a save by adding this mod?  :P

Depending how much of stock tech tree nodes/parts you have already unlocked in stock career game. You might have some parts already unlocked that should be unlocked much later using Ctt. For parts that you are not already researched/unlocked you should not have any issues.

Nothing will be ultimative broken, that would make game unplayable, but you will get the most fun and gameplay experience with any customized tech tree node if you start new career.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...