Nertea

[1.8.x] Community Tech Tree (November 16)

26 minutes ago, Azalen said:

does this work in 1.8.1?

Seems to work fine for me but I suggest you just try it and find out.

I've tried it with 1.8.1 as well, and I can't seem to make it work unfortunately. 

EDIT: Disregard this. Working, I had just goofed up

Edited by WifeSponsor

I'm having this strange issue with Near Future Construction and CTT where some of the octo-hub structural parts are in the Exotic Alloys node rather than Nanolathing, as is suggested by their .cfg files. specifically the octo girder hub, angular connector and the radial attach node. manually editing the save file to put them into the node doesn't give them to me. it shows them as unlocked in the R&D building but i don't have them in the editor. any idea why this is happening? it's really frustrating.

Edited by Specific Alduin

Since this is a community pack, who is responsible for managing the version number and compatible versions? - Should we update it to include 1.8.1?

On 11/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, paul23 said:

Since this is a community pack, who is responsible for managing the version number and compatible versions? - Should we update it to include 1.8.1?

I am, but sometimes I go on vacation

Marked for 1.8 now, no changes really.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:12 AM, Havan_IronOak56 said:

Dumb question but I looked and I didn't find it. What tech unlocks the basic RoveMate ?

QuickSearch is a godsend for part lookup.

At least in my CTT+UnKerballedStart tree it's in Flight Control  (about Tier 4)

On 1/20/2020 at 4:40 PM, Beetlecat said:

QuickSearch is a godsend for part lookup.

At least in my CTT+UnKerballedStart tree it's in Flight Control  (about Tier 4)

A Quicksearch sounds great... but where would I do that? I'm guessing that you DON'T mean in the VAB - that doesn't show parts that haven't been unlocked yet... ANd I don't see ANY quick search facility in the R&D tech tree screen.

I may be missing something obvious but then this IS rocket science!

3 minutes ago, Havan_IronOak56 said:

A Quicksearch sounds great... but where would I do that? I'm guessing that you DON'T mean in the VAB - that doesn't show parts that haven't been unlocked yet... ANd I don't see ANY quick search facility in the R&D tech tree screen.

I may be missing something obvious but then this IS rocket science!

General reminder that this mod does not touch locations of any parts and only provides nodes. 

I'm trying to find the 'Tundra' Assembly Plant and 'Ranger' Workshop parts from MKS, but can't find them in the tech tree.  Is there any easy way to find where these are hiding? Likely right in front of my face, but could use some help.

3 hours ago, kormer said:

I'm trying to find the 'Tundra' Assembly Plant and 'Ranger' Workshop parts from MKS, but can't find them in the tech tree.  Is there any easy way to find where these are hiding? Likely right in front of my face, but could use some help.

The post above yours is a key one because it tells you that this mod is not responsible for part locations. It would be great to ask that in the MKS thread, someone can likely help you there better.

Alternately, the post above that one would be useful as it has a link to a mod that lets you search for this.