[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

does anyone know if there is anything for the last two nodes of the Colonization branch? I just loaded up a mega-install with nearly 5k parts including MKS, Planetary Base Systems and Pathfinder and those last two nodes were completely empty

(BTW realize these mods I named may not fully support CTT to fill these nodes, but just wondering if anything else does for when I look into filling them myself if needed)

(also I forgot to factor in SETI or ETT maybe adding stuff to those nodes)

Edited by Gaiiden

CTT Configs for Ven's Stock Part Revamp:

Hopefully you can add this to the list of patches for mods. 

A long time ago, I made a quick patch that made a few things that added a new config to this mod. This basically implemented the new parts added with Ven's Stock Part Revamp to Community Tech Tree. Things like the Dachhound engine are unlocked before the reliant, and a couple changes with the SRBs. The Mk2VA cockpit is also unlocked before the MK2 (stock) cockpit, and the 2.5m Nova Nuclear engine is unlocked after the current 1.25m nuclear engine. This is for a sense of progression of engines. The Dachhound engine is much worse than the reliant/swivel, so it should be unlocked before.

To install:

First download and install Community Tech Tree (CTT) --> DOWNLOAD

Just download the file from Space Dock --> DOWNLOAD

And install it normally by extracting the gamedata folder within the file into the KSP directory. 

This patch works on all versions of KSP. 

• 2 weeks later...

CKAN has been encouraging me to upgrade to version "1:2.4" even though I already have "2.4.0" installed.  I assumed that was just a typo, with the colon.  But it hasn't changed in the past week or so.  Is this actually an upgrade?

On 8-4-2016 at 8:27 PM, RocketSquid said:

I find it a bit odd that node for fusion engines costs less than the node for plasma confinement. Shouldn't the latter be a prerequisite for the former?

What plasma confinement?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble moving some stock Squad parts to a CTT node.  Specifically, moving the Mk1 Pod and a modded stock part to Simple Command Modules.  Used the standard CTT MM patch template, started a new science save for testing, and the parts did not move.  I then checked to see what SETI does, so I tried the ":FOR[CommunityTechTree]" command, and still no success.

4 hours ago, Laguna said:

I'm having trouble moving some stock Squad parts to a CTT node.  Specifically, moving the Mk1 Pod and a modded stock part to Simple Command Modules.  Used the standard CTT MM patch template, started a new science save for testing, and the parts did not move.  I then checked to see what SETI does, so I tried the ":FOR[CommunityTechTree]" command, and still no success.

Here's an example from my save, moving Porkjets habs to new nodes. See if that works as a template for you.

Spoiler

//Small Centrifuge
@PART[centrifuge1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = longTermHabitation
}

8 hours ago, Nightside said:

Here's an example from my save, moving Porkjets habs to new nodes. See if that works as a template for you.

Hide contents

//Small Centrifuge
@PART[centrifuge1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = longTermHabitation
}

That's what I used (copied from an existing CTT patch from another mod), and doesn't work.  I'm really baffled.

@PART[MK2KostokPod]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = simpleCommandModules
}

@PART[mk1pod]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = simpleCommandModules
}

On 19.6.2016 at 4:42 PM, Laguna said:

That's what I used (copied from an existing CTT patch from another mod), and doesn't work.  I'm really baffled.

Have you tried adding ":FINAL" to the first line? Just in case some other patch comes later and overwrites yours.

2 hours ago, pellinor said:

Have you tried adding ":FINAL" to the first line? Just in case some other patch comes later and overwrites yours.

Yup, tried that too, as well as :AFTER.  Still doesn't move the Mk1 Pod out of the Start node.  Also, I also tried to move the Stayputnik TO the Start node, and that didn't work either.  Even started another new Science mode save to test it.

As another test, I used MM to make a copy ('+') of the Mk1 Pod, gave it a new internal name, title and made it double sized, and put that into CTT's simpleCommandModules...and that DID work.

I'm using MM 2.6.20 on KSP 1.0.5.

4 hours ago, Laguna said:

Yup, tried that too, as well as :AFTER.  Still doesn't move the Mk1 Pod out of the Start node.  Also, I also tried to move the Stayputnik TO the Start node, and that didn't work either.  Even started another new Science mode save to test it.

As another test, I used MM to make a copy ('+') of the Mk1 Pod, gave it a new internal name, title and made it double sized, and put that into CTT's simpleCommandModules...and that DID work.

I'm using MM 2.6.20 on KSP 1.0.5.

Well, I don't know if it was an MM, CTT and/or the stock parts at issue, but I found a solution to my problem (may not be the proper one): I used MM to first clone the stock parts I wanted moved (and maybe modded as well), adding "Clone" to the internal name, and putting them in the nodes I wanted.  I then made a second MM :FINAL patch that deleted the original stock parts.  Bingo!  It worked perfectly. :)

@Nertea For a future version of CTT, I would like if a few additional high tech nodes were added, needed for KSPI-E.

Specifically:

- a 4th Radiator tech (at 4000 science)

- an additional Science tech node (at 4000 science)

- and  2 additional electric tech nodes (2250 science  and 4000 science)

Edited by FreeThinker

20 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

So, what needs to happen for it to show as 1.1.3-compatible in CKAN?

Depends on how the metadata is defined. If the version is hardcoded inside the metadata, then that needs to be updated. If it's set to poll SpaceDock (which is really the standard way of doing things with SpaceDock hosted mods), then SpaceDock needs to be updated and CKAN will update itself soon after.

EDIT: checked the Netkan repository and SpaceDock, and both sides are in order, so there is nothing that should prevent CKAN from picking up on the version increase.

Edited by Streetwind

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

Depends on how the metadata is defined. If the version is hardcoded inside the metadata, then that needs to be updated. If it's set to poll SpaceDock (which is really the standard way of doing things with SpaceDock hosted mods), then SpaceDock needs to be updated and CKAN will update itself soon after.

EDIT: checked the Netkan repository and SpaceDock, and both sides are in order, so there is nothing that should prevent CKAN from picking up on the version increase.

Well, as of right now, Spacedock is down.  So there's that.  :/

It appears that I don't have it in this particular OP's FAQ, so I'll add it, but I don't personally support installing any of my mods via CKAN (Streetwind does some saintly stuff though).