[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

CTT 3.1.2

•  Changed Experimental Nuclear Propulsion to require both Experimental Rocketry and High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion
  •  Added Spanish translation courtesy of fitiales
  •  Added Russian translation courtesy of vladmir_v

• 2 weeks later...

CTT 3.2.0

• Added Heavy Landers [Cost 1500, Command Modules branch]
  • Added Heavy Command Centers [Cost 1500, Command Modules branch]
  • Added Specialized Command Centers [Cost 1000, Command Modules branch]
  • Added Specialized Landers [Cost 1000, Command Modules branch]

On 7/27/2017 at 2:09 PM, Yemo said:

Hey,

anyone know where the experimental motors node went? should be at the same position as the new specialized landers node.

It appears to be being overlayed by specialized landers:

screenshot_2017-07-27--20-24-27.png

3 hours ago, RonnieThePotato said:

Hi, I have a question. I'm currently mid career and I'm getting a few mods right now. I'm thinking of community tech tree, but will this break my career in any way, since some of the parts I have unlocked may have changed?

Any unlocked parts will still be unlocked - and will *also* be in their new locations under CTT.  So a minor breakage, as you'll see some stuff twice in the tech tree.  (And have some things unlocked that you might not in theory be supposed to have access to yet.)  Other than that, things should be fine.

In general KSP doesn't handle changing tech trees min-career very well, but the issues are pretty much cosmetic.

4 hours ago, DStaal said:

Any unlocked parts will still be unlocked - and will *also* be in their new locations under CTT.  So a minor breakage, as you'll see some stuff twice in the tech tree.  (And have some things unlocked that you might not in theory be supposed to have access to yet.)  Other than that, things should be fine.

In general KSP doesn't handle changing tech trees min-career very well, but the issues are pretty much cosmetic.

Thanks for the answer!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 2:09 PM, Yemo said:

Hey,

anyone know where the experimental motors node went? should be at the same position as the new specialized landers node.

On 7/28/2017 at 3:02 PM, DStaal said:

It appears to be being overlayed by specialized landers:

screenshot_2017-07-27--20-24-27.png

Will this be fixed in the next version?

@Yemo @DStaal @Nertea @ev0 @TheRagingIrishman  I actually fixed that bug myself with a small edit of the config file.

4vaFrGF.png

I just changed the position of two nodes in the config file (Advanced Motors and Experimental Motors), and Experimental Motors no longer overlaps Specialized Landers.

The change is made in this part of the CommunityTechTree.cfg file.

@RDNode:HAS[#id[advancedMotors]]
	{
		//pos = -1118,1067,-1
		@pos = -1118,1048,-1 //Second number (Y-position) changed from 990
	}
@RDNode:HAS[#id[experimentalMotors]]
	{
		//pos = -952,1067,-1
		@pos = -927,1048,-1 //Second number (Y-position) changed from 990
    }

So basically, the Experimental Motors node position just needed to be moved from Y = 990 to Y = 1048.  I changed the other node position for the sake of symmetry.  You can also changed the node position for Advanced Motors as well instead of moving two nodes up like I did..

I can also link my patched config here unless that's not allowed, or let @Nertea do it after he makes the bug fix.

2 hours ago, Nittany Tiger said:

PR?  What's that?

EDIT: Oh.  Pull request?  I'll have to figure out how to do that.

It's fairly simple if you have a GitHub account: Just click edit on the file in the browser, and when you try to save it'll be the default option.  (This works well for single-file changes.  Multi-file changes are a bit harder.)

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of us were wondering if CTT might be responsible for repeated parts entries in the tech tree.  Seemingly random parts in different saves.

Edit: Solved the immediate problem by editing the persistence.sfs file.  No re-occurrence since and I don't believe this is a CTT issue.

Edited by Brigadier
Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...