Nertea

[1.9.x] Community Tech Tree (February 20, 2020)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ev0 said:

I'm not sure you installed the CCT and Near Future Mods correctly. I don't think there should be any version numbers at the end of the folder names. Check inside those folders for maybe the correct folders to install. It might not make a difference though.

5 hours ago, MigsG said:

Well, so far, I've only downloaded the Near Future set of mods, along with SpaceY, MRS, Lithobrake, and Cyrogenic Engines. However, when I open the game, all of the downloaded mods are not in their respective tech nodes. Additionally, some tech lines intersect with each other.

Also, when I download the above mod, it hides the entire added Tech Tree Nodes altogether. 

 

https://imgur.com/gallery/3FTlspe <--- This is the link to the screenshots. 

Thanks for the screenshots - this helps.  I agree with @ev0.  It appears as though you're using a Mac so my knowledge is limited but the folders in the GameData directory should not have version numbers.  If you're renaming them, don't.  The mods will probably (surely?) not work if you do.  If you're not renaming them yourself, find out what's doing it and tell it to stop :D  CTT not installed correctly is probably causing your problem.

If you're downloading the mods from SpaceDock or Curse, make sure you are extracting the contents of the zip file's GameData into your game's GameData without modification.  On a PC, this just means copying the zip file's GameData into your game directory.  Provided the mod was not installed previously, there should be nothing else to do.  If it was installed previously, a good practice is to delete the old mod directory before installing the new version.  An excerpt of mine looks like this:

VtQbod5.jpg

A possible exception to this is ModuleManager which should almost always be the latest version, regardless of what is packaged by a mod author.  Apparently, multiple versions of MM in GameData don't conflict anymore, but I prefer to have just one MM dll in my GameData.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2018 at 6:02 PM, Brigadier said:

Thanks for the screenshots - this helps.  I agree with @ev0.  It appears as though you're using a Mac so my knowledge is limited but the folders in the GameData directory should not have version numbers.  If you're renaming them, don't.  The mods will probably (surely?) not work if you do.  If you're not renaming them yourself, find out what's doing it and tell it to stop :D  CTT not installed correctly is probably causing your problem.

If you're downloading the mods from SpaceDock or Curse, make sure you are extracting the contents of the zip file's GameData into your game's GameData without modification.  On a PC, this just means copying the zip file's GameData into your game directory.  Provided the mod was not installed previously, there should be nothing else to do.  If it was installed previously, a good practice is to delete the old mod directory before installing the new version.  An excerpt of mine looks like this:

VtQbod5.jpg

A possible exception to this is ModuleManager which should almost always be the latest version, regardless of what is packaged by a mod author.  Apparently, multiple versions of MM in GameData don't conflict anymore, but I prefer to have just one MM dll in my GameData.

I extracted the GameData of CTT (along with other mods) and most of the problems were solved. However, on some occasions (Near Future Construction) the nodes (Orbital Megastructures, Orbital Assembly, etc.) still contain nothing. Additionally, I'm having problems with KSP Interstellar. It says I downloaded it incorrectly, and I tried to find the GameData Folder within the mod files, but couldn't find anything.

 

https://imgur.com/8xTstJA <-- Pic of the Interstellar Mod Files (I renamed the file itself, it was originally GameData-7. Note that there is no folder called "GameData.")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MigsG said:

https://imgur.com/8xTstJA <-- Pic of the Interstellar Mod Files (I renamed the file itself, it was originally GameData-7. Note that there is no folder called "GameData.")

Those are all things that should go directly into your KSP installation's GameData folder.  (Not a subfolder.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone happen to know if there is a gui out there for editing tech trees in CTT without having to jump into the text files?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, JDCollie said:

Does anyone happen to know if there is a gui out there for editing tech trees in CTT without having to jump into the text files?

You have to jump into text files. There really isn't any other way. (the KSP Tech Tree Editor program doesn't like CTT-style trees because they are not complete trees, only MM patches to move/alter stock nodes + new new nodes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the mod links to populate the tech tree in your original post work.  Is there a new list of part mods I can use?

Edited by TheAngryHulk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheAngryHulk

Just the links are broken, the mods still exists.

Here are some working links (the last mod of this list is not updated to 1.4) :)

Near Future Technologies (all 1.02 compatible packs) [adds to ion propulsion, construction, heat management and nuclear power branches]

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion [adds to construction and habitation branches]

Cryogenic Engines [adds to Rocketry branch]

KSP Interstellar Extended [adds to many branches and late game tech nodes]

SpaceY Heavy Lifters [adds to Rocketry branch]

Modular Rocket Systems [adds to Rocketry branch]

USI Life Support [adds to Life Support branch]

USI OKS/MKS [adds to construction, colonization, life support and much more]

Alcubierre Warp Drive [adds to warp drive nodes]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much. I've only been to Minmus and the stock tech tree is almost done. I'd hate to stop playing because I unlocked everything before I went interplanetary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone might have already asked this, but what happens if I am mostly through the stock tech tree, and I install this mod?  Do I lose a bunch, or all of my already unlocked parts?  And would ships with those parts on them stop existing?

Edited by Hydrothermalventclam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hydrothermalventclam I haven't done this, but I would expect is that all existing craft will be fine. The parts exist in your save file and is in on a craft, it doesn't really matter how it got there. Even in the stock game you could install parts intended for a "Test" on as many craft as you want until you test it. Once you do the test, any existing craft using the "Test" part don't disappear. What should happen is that you will have a bunch of  parts you had previously unlocked are now locked in the editor until you unlock the new tech nodes.

When I decided I wanted to use CTT I did it from a fresh save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTT just adds more tech nodes, which will be empty until you install mods that add parts to them. It doesn't change the location of any stock parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, mod parts often appear in different places in the tech tree depending on whether CTT is installed.  If you've already unlocked a part, and then installing CTT causes it to move to a different tech node, it'll end up appearing in both places: the "old" node where you've already unlocked it, and the "new" node where it's now meant to be.  Shouldn't actually hurt anything, (and you'll still be able to use the part), but you  might end up accidentally paying to unlock it again in the new node, and the little badge numbers on the "old" node (that shows how many locked parts are in it) may be incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nertea, mods can support CTT only through *.cfg file with @PART[*]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] or no?

I would like to add support for several mods, but not sure they need it.

Edited by Artemonim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 9:05 AM, Artemonim said:

@Nertea, mods can support CTT only through *.cfg file with @PART[*]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] or no?

I would like to add support for several mods, but not sure they need it.

Yes that is the best way to do it. If you want to add support for other mods, always nice to ask them first though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nertea said:

ask them first

I think to create Git pull requests for each mod that use Git and wait for author to accept it. If author don't react to pull request for a week => create standalone CTT patch for the mod.

I'm not breaking community rules, am I?

 

And one more question - CTT can work only with parts?

Edited by Artemonim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

I see the list for mods to fill in the tech tree nodes.

Does anyone know of mods that fill in the later nodes in science that isn't Interstellar.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocid said:

Hi, 

I see the list for mods to fill in the tech tree nodes.

Does anyone know of mods that fill in the later nodes in science that isn't Interstellar.

Thanks

Near Future Technologies collection of mods includes many later tech nodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ocid said:

Hi, 

I see the list for mods to fill in the tech tree nodes.

Does anyone know of mods that fill in the later nodes in science that isn't Interstellar.

Thanks

Not as far as I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I thought so. Tried looking but didn't find anything. 

So thought I'd ask.

Thanks for letting me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small update to remove the MiniAVC dll from the mod, for consistency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTT 3.3.5

  • KSP 1.6.x support

With this update, CKAN will be supported officially. Also please note the removal of the Dropbox D/L. It was annoying to update, if you want you can now get it from the Github releases page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.