[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

Yeah, .625 would be awesome! That way I can make a 1.25 metre Delta II.

Just pointing out that Delta II boosters were 1.00 and 1.20 meter parts. :sticktongue:

Unless you were thinking of a scaled down version?

@NecroBones i know you've played around with KW Rocketry for a bit:

-The one meter Globe V series

-The half meter Globe I

You're awesome, thanks! I think you just earned the title of most easy to work with mod author. That or you have too much time on your hands. :P

lol, well I definitely don't have enough time on my hands at all. I just like good ideas that happen to be easy to do. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Just pointing out that Delta II boosters were 1.00 and 1.20 meter parts. :sticktongue:

Unless you were thinking of a scaled down version?

@NecroBones i know you've played around with KW Rocketry for a bit:

-The one meter Globe V series

-The half meter Globe I

Well okay, then for the Delta II, half metre SRBs would be good. Pretty much just like a stockalike Globe I? I guess? I just want a Delta II 7000. :P

Yeah, more of a scaled down version in this case. Most KSP analogs are scaled down from their real world counterparts, with SpaceY's biggest exception to that being the F9 engine, which is considerably larger than the Falcon 9 diameter.

I'll take a look at the KW versions, but I have a couple of cute little 0.625m boosters functioning now. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take a look at the KW versions, but I have a couple of cute little 0.625m boosters functioning now. :)

OK, I see what they did. I'm setting mine up to be more like a miniature BACC, so they're stackable (or you can use the new stock 0.625m nose cone to get that angled-nose look). The larger of the two is pretty similar in capability to the Globe I, and similar in size when you put a nose cone on it. The smaller is about 75% of that, roughly matching the height of the FL-T800.

I might hold back the smaller one for now though, and see if I want to rework it.

Edited by NecroBones

I discovered a bit of a bug in this mod, I think.

You can get a mission to test the heavy launch clamp Landed at Kerbin.

But if the ship is attached to the launch clamps, it doesn't count as landed at Kerbin. So you can never achieve this objective, and failure is the only option.

I discovered a bit of a bug in this mod, I think.

You can get a mission to test the heavy launch clamp Landed at Kerbin.

But if the ship is attached to the launch clamps, it doesn't count as landed at Kerbin. So you can never achieve this objective, and failure is the only option.

OK cool. It looks like they added an additional pad-only option for the configs, and switched the stock clamps to that. I'm updating these to use that. Thanks!

Wow, you got those little boosters working fast, thanks!

Now, I know this is a little off topic to... what you're doing here, but have you considered making like a PMA style adapter for stations? I can't find a stockalike PMA anywhere and I like the way you model things, so you know. Again, this is off topic, so you don't even have to consider it if you don't want to. :P

Wow, you got those little boosters working fast, thanks!

Now, I know this is a little off topic to... what you're doing here, but have you considered making like a PMA style adapter for stations? I can't find a stockalike PMA anywhere and I like the way you model things, so you know. Again, this is off topic, so you don't even have to consider it if you don't want to. :P

Hmm, PMA? Pressurized Mating Adapter? I haven't really though about it, no, but isn't that basically like a docking port?

Hmm, PMA? Pressurized Mating Adapter? I haven't really though about it, no, but isn't that basically like a docking port?

Sort of. Big berthing connector at one end, small docking connector at the other end, skewed truncated cone between the two.

ISS has three of them (one between the US and Russian segments, one up front where the shuttle used to dock, and a third spare off to the side). In the next year or so PMA-3 is going to be moved to a more accessible point and some adapter shims are being added to PMA-2 and PMA-3 in preparation for the US commercial crew craft (boeing and spacex) which are being built to a slightly different docking port standard from the one used by the shuttle (the wonderful thing about standards....).

Sort of. Big berthing connector at one end, small docking connector at the other end, skewed truncated cone between the two.

ISS has three of them (one between the US and Russian segments, one up front where the shuttle used to dock, and a third spare off to the side). In the next year or so PMA-3 is going to be moved to a more accessible point and some adapter shims are being added to PMA-2 and PMA-3 in preparation for the US commercial crew craft (boeing and spacex) which are being built to a slightly different docking port standard from the one used by the shuttle (the wonderful thing about standards....).

Couldn't have said it better myself! One that tapers from 1.25m to .625m would be awesome. That way maybe I can use it to dock the Tantares mod's Russian style docking ports to a standard clamp'o'tron American syle port.

--------

Update is out. I managed to squeeze in a second mini-SRB after all. I figured it might be nice to have an aerodynamic radial-only variant. :)

0.12.3 (2015-05-08) - 1.0.2 adjustments
- Tweaked the conical cargo bay's drag cube.
- Fixed a configuration typo for the 3.75m to 2.5m thrust plate.
- Reversed the attachment node priority order for extremely thin parts (docking ports, probe cores, thrust plates), so that they attach more easily.
- Updated "Community Tech Tree" support for compatibility with CTT's new design.
- Improved performance of monopropellant engines in atmospheric pressures > 1.
- Corrected the career-contract settings for the launch clamps so that they match stock.
- Added NASA engine sounds to SRBs and engine clusters.
- Added a pair of small scale (0.625m) SRBs.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't have said it better myself! One that tapers from 1.25m to .625m would be awesome. That way maybe I can use it to dock the Tantares mod's Russian style docking ports to a standard clamp'o'tron American syle port.

Huh, OK. I thought the term referred to the ports at the ends, silly me. :) I'll make a note of it as a possibility.

Edited by NecroBones

Huh, OK. I thought the term referred to the ports at the ends, silly me. :) I'll make a note of it as a possibility.

Okay, sweet, thanks! And I'll go check out that update now!

Edit: It's looking great, man! I made my Delta II already, but I'm bad at this game so it's not the best~

3C431E5CFA57EBF78A4621556365D1F0A7E224B6

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Okay, sweet, thanks! And I'll go check out that update now!

Edit: It's looking great, man! I made my Delta II already, but I'm bad at this game so it's not the best~

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528389375431044413/3C431E5CFA57EBF78A4621556365D1F0A7E224B6/

Looking good!

I just realized I forgot to include the ModuleManager DLL in the zip (on KerbalStuff and Curse. I fixed it on necrobones.com). Anyone using CKAN or updating manually might not even notice. Heh. (the only thing it's really needed for currently is adding the "massive rocketry" tech node and moving things to it from the other nodes). It seems silly to push out a revision just for that. I may wait a day or two and see if anything else comes up.

Hey NecroBones, big fan of your stuff!

I noticed a small error in your CTT config file:

@PART[sYSRB_25S]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]

{

@TechRequired = veryHeavuRocketry

It's easy enough for anyone to fix on their own (spoiler alert: replace the "u" with a "y"), but I just wanted to flag it for you for your next update.:)

Hey NecroBones, big fan of your stuff!

I noticed a small error in your CTT config file:

@PART[sYSRB_25S]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]

{

@TechRequired = veryHeavuRocketry

It's easy enough for anyone to fix on their own (spoiler alert: replace the "u" with a "y"), but I just wanted to flag it for you for your next update.:)

Thanks! lol, gotta love those typos. I have it fixed for the next update now. :)

Do you think you will be producing anything to fit into "colossal rocketry" in the community tech tree.

It's possible. I'd have to think about what really belongs there. 7.5m parts? That's getting pretty huge. :) It would probably be a separate mod though.

Jesus, you guys! 7.75 metres is enormous for REAL LIFE rockets! The Saturn V, which I think is the biggest rocket we've ever made is 10.1 metres, and 7.75 isn't far off from that.

Thing is, the Saturn V engines exist in Kerbal as 5m part (the whole scaling thing as NecroBones pointed out). 7.75m stuff would start touching into the "not in existence" would it not? (My rocketry knowledge = 0)

Update is out. I managed to squeeze in a second mini-SRB after all. I figured it might be nice to have an aerodynamic radial-only variant. :)

- Added NASA engine sounds to SRBs and engine clusters.

Sweet ! lol

I am going to go listen to those now :sticktongue:

Jesus, you guys! 7.75 metres is enormous for REAL LIFE rockets! The Saturn V, which I think is the biggest rocket we've ever made is 10.1 metres, and 7.75 isn't far off from that.

The Saturn V was the largest successful rocket. It was not the largest rocket ever made...

The first stage of the Soviet N1 moon rocket was 17 meters in diameter. There were four unmanned test launches. All failed.

I managed to finish up some of the things that weren't ready for yesterday's update, so now 0.13 is up:

0.13 (2015-05-09) - More heatshield goodness.
- Fixed a typo in the Community Tech Tree config.
- Corrected the bulkhead profile for the new mini radial SRB so it's not listed as a size-0 stack part.
- New texture for the procedural fairing panels.
- Adjusted the procedural fairing panels to begin at upper edge of base.
- Added large (5m) heat shield.

Great mod,use it all the time. But I think you might need to take a look at your tweakscale configs. When I first installed the mod only the ratite and ratite cluster engines were tweakable. I took the liberty of hand-editing said configs, and noticed that there were several engines in there that aren't in the pack(a D1 and an F1,F5 and F9...I see a correlation there). I think it's clearly a naming issue. Keep up the good work!

P.S.: Some MRS engines have the same problem, specifically the hound. I can't give you a full list since I only have Lite installed atm.

Great mod,use it all the time. But I think you might need to take a look at your tweakscale configs. When I first installed the mod only the ratite and ratite cluster engines were tweakable. I took the liberty of hand-editing said configs, and noticed that there were several engines in there that aren't in the pack(a D1 and an F1,F5 and F9...I see a correlation there). I think it's clearly a naming issue. Keep up the good work!

P.S.: Some MRS engines have the same problem, specifically the hound. I can't give you a full list since I only have Lite installed atm.

Cool, thanks. Yes, it's entirely a renaming issue. In MRS, it should only be the Hound since that was the only one that I think needed to be renamed. I should have this fixed in the next update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.