[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

Posted:   (just a minor thing, adding/improving the FilterExtensions custom tab)

1.11.1 (2016-03-11) - Tweaks.
 - Added/enhanced custom category tab for FilterExtensions (will also include SpaceY Expanded, if installed).

3 minutes ago, smjjames said:

The filter extensions update, yes, but I don't use the filter extensions mod. 

Huh, OK. I might need to see a screenshot. One thing I did do is change the name for the stock-like custom category to be just "SpaceY" instead of "SpaceY Lifters". If you had re-saved any changes to it at some point (perhaps by accident), your saved copy might show up in addition to the new name. It may just be a simple matter of deleting your duplicate.

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

I have some duplicate space y categories, will post a pic when i get home.

@NecroBones uvcnWhB.jpg

The two Space Y Expanded buttons have identical parts in them. 

That's exactly what I saw, and yeah it was the SpaceY expanded. I think I've fixed it in my game now though.

I checked the gamedata folders and apparently theres already a category folder for SpaceY Expanded while the folder in the heavy lifters main has settings for both packs, so, I guess you forgot there was already a SpaceY Expanded category @NecroBones?

Deleting the category folder in SpaceY Expanded fixed it.

Edited by smjjames

29 minutes ago, smjjames said:

I checked the gamedata folders and apparently theres already a category folder for SpaceY Expanded while the folder in the heavy lifters main has settings for both packs, so, I guess you forgot there was already a SpaceY Expanded category @NecroBones?

Deleting the category folder in SpaceY Expanded fixed it.

Huh, OK. I was trying to consolidate them to make just one tab appear. Where are you seeing the duplicate tab exactly? I thought the syntax in there was only getting used by FilterExtensions, but apparently not. I'll clear that up for sure, but I'd like to know where the duplicate was showing up. EDIT: I didn't look at the above posts. *slaps forehead*. OK, I'll clean it up.

1 minute ago, NecroBones said:

Huh, OK. I was trying to consolidate them to make just one tab appear. Where are you seeing the duplicate tab exactly? I thought the syntax in there was only getting used by FilterExtensions, but apparently not. I'll clear that up for sure, but I'd like to know where the duplicate was showing up.

I DON'T use the filterextensions mod though and for me, it was the next tab below the SpaceY-Lifters category in position. There was also a SpaceY-Extended tab above the SpaceY-Lifters category.

Just now, smjjames said:

I DON'T use the filterextensions mod though and for me, it was the next tab below the SpaceY-Lifters category in position. There was also a SpaceY-Extended tab above the SpaceY-Lifters category.

Yep, I just failed to read all replies above before replying myself. :) I'll go take a look. The bad duplicate is really on the SpaceY Lifters side, so I'll clear it from there.

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

My only complaint, as mentioned above, is with the filter extension mod, the added part category. Not a big deal, and can be deleted easily enough (the one on the left).

Yeah, I wish there was a way to make that conditional, so it only shows up if you don't have the other filters. If it ends up being useless to people, I can always just stop including it.

Hi Necrobones, have really enjoyed this mod however after installing your latest update V1.11.2 i have a problem with "Thermal control system medium" radiator panels staying attached to the F51 5m fuel tanks.

They are attached in 4 time symmetry and in the past have worked without fault on about 50 launches, now after the last update they disappear soon after launching. As soon as they disappear the rocket drifts up as though the view point changes and is focused below the rocket

If this works images should appear below

http://imgur.com/a/iRRFD

Any suggestions would be appreciated

It's hard to say where the problem is. I don't think the problem is with the fuel tank, it's more likely another mod is interfering, or that somehow the .craft got screwed up. Are you using the same saved rocket each time, or building it from scratch each time? Usually if the viewpoint shifts, something's disconnected. You can have bad attachments if attachment nodes were deleted after creating the vehicle or something along those lines. I can't think of anything that would cause this with a fuel tank's configuration.

Thanks for answering

I do re-use the same first and second stage stack and just adjust the 3rd stage and payload to suit the mission, I will rebuild the stack and see what happens. I don't have many parts mods and haven't had to update any of them between the stack working ok and this issue other than the recent updates for the space y pack. Maybe the craft file got corrupted somehow.

Thanks for the help

Posted:    (flagged as being for 1.0.5 on the download sites for now, until I can fix that)

1.11.3 (2016-03-29) - KSP 1.1 Hotfix
 - Landing legs updated to not be 100% deadly. Suspension still doesn't work, legs are rigid for now.
 - Added menu search tags.

Just a follow up, I rebuilt the booster but ended up with the same issue, removed and reinstalled the v1.11.2 mod still the same. I had a backup of the complete KSP folder from the start of the month (backup, backup, backup, really cant say it enough) so I reverted back to that and it fixed my issue. Reinstalled the your mod and, guess what...........yep..................its still working.

Who knows what went wrong, but thanks for the help anyway

Just now, jwenting said:

Thanks for the effort. I did notice major texture glitching on the 5m and 7.5m tanks though. Almost like there are several textures competing for precedence.

That happens when ModuleManager is missing, or the cache is stale (you can delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache to force a rebuild), or if you don't have Firespitter/InterstellarFuelSwitch installed but MM thinks it is for some reason.

@jwenting  -- Here's the troubleshooting section from the OP:

Problem: Fuel tanks or SRBs flash different colors, with glitchy "z-fighting":

Usually it boils down to one of a few different things. Now that I've seen probably most of them, I can give you a good list:

1. Everything is installed correctly, but ModuleManager's cache hasn't noticed the changes yet.

Fix: This is a great one to try first. Delete the file called "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" in GameData. ModuleManager recreates it on the next KSP start.

2. ModuleManager isn't installed.

Fix: Install it. :)

3. This mod is installed incorrectly, or you've deleted the color-change ModuleManager configs.

Fix: Reinstall the mod correctly, and in its entirety. The MM config files include rules for what to do when color-changing isn't available, so please don't delete those.

4. ModuleManager thinks color-changing is available via Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch, but neither is installed.

Fix: This is a little trickier to pinpoint. Either another mod has bad rules in it (for instance using "FOR[Firespitter]" instead of "NEEDS[Firespitter]") and is therefore tricking ModuleManager, or one of these two mods is only partially installed. That could happen if you removed them via CKAN but the directories still exist, which ModuleManager will see as having them installed. To fix, either make sure both of those mods are completely uninstalled, or install one (or both) of them. Only the DLL from one of them is needed, you don't need the entire mod. But it needs to be running if ModuleManager thinks its there.

5. It's possible that another mod may be confused that changes how VAB/SPH tweakables or engine shrouds work.

This is an odd case, but not impossible. When you don't have Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch installed, the alternate paint jobs are disabled by turning them into "engine shrouds" that correspond to an attachment node that is a kilometer outside the VAB. If another mod interferes with this, such as defaulting all shrouds to "on" even when detached, then you might also see z-fighting. Sadly, the solution might be to simply not use the mods together.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.