[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

I've marked both of the SpaceY packs as 1.4 compatible on SpaceDock. I don't know if there are any issues running it, but I don't think there's much to break it either. I want to update it to use the stock color profile system and mesh switcher, so that it all plays nicely together, but since I'm still working on the other mods, I figure having it show up in CKAN again might be nice. :)

On 3/13/2018 at 9:02 AM, NecroBones said:

I've marked both of the SpaceY packs as 1.4 compatible on SpaceDock. I don't know if there are any issues running it, but I don't think there's much to break it either. I want to update it to use the stock color profile system and mesh switcher, so that it all plays nicely together, but since I'm still working on the other mods, I figure having it show up in CKAN again might be nice. :)

I get all Purple parts. Example: unknown.png

On 3/19/2018 at 6:38 PM, Jackaroo0505 said:

I get all Purple parts. Example: unknown.png

Have you tried the troubleshooting section in the first post in this thread? Usually that means the textures are missing or corrupted, or you've changed the folder names, or didn't place the mod in the correct folder location.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:15 AM, NecroBones said:

Have you tried the troubleshooting section in the first post in this thread? Usually that means the textures are missing or corrupted, or you've changed the folder names, or didn't place the mod in the correct folder location.

None of the file names are changed, I did place the mod files in the right place (Gamedata) and the textures are not corrupted nor missing.

On 3/23/2018 at 5:08 PM, Jackaroo0505 said:

None of the file names are changed, I did place the mod files in the right place (Gamedata) and the textures are not corrupted nor missing.

OK, FreeThinker mentioned to me that the switcher mods have been broken in KSP 1.4+. It sounds like it's become even more important that I switch SpaceY over to using the stock switcher methods. No ETA yet. I was able to update several other mods but hadn't looked into updating SpaceY that way yet.

The good news is that if you run it without any of the switcher mods (Firespitter, IFS, B9), the parts should still look correct, just with no switching options for the paint schemes.

Edited by NecroBones

OK, I think I have the color switching working with the new mesh switcher. This should resolve the magenta textures. Let me know if there are still problems. SpaceY Expanded will need the same treatment, which I'll do next.

1.17 (2018-04-02) - KSP 1.4 update.
 - Reworked color-changing to use KSP 1.4's mesh switcher.
 - Flag decals disabled for now, since the stock mesh switcher doesn't play nicely with them.
 - Disabled auto-caps on tanks, due to KSP bugs over several versions.
 - Changed ModularFuelTanks config to use consolidated wildcard patch.
 - Added some wildcards to TweakScale config.

1.17.1 (2018-04-02) - KSP 1.4 update.
 - Corrected a copy/paste mistake in color-changing config.

Edited by NecroBones

25 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

OK, I think I have the color switching working with the new mesh switcher. This should resolve the magenta textures. Let me know if there are still problems. SpaceY Expanded will need the same treatment, which I'll do next.

1.17 (2018-04-02) - KSP 1.4 update.
 - Reworked color-changing to use KSP 1.4's mesh switcher.
 - Flag decals disabled for now, since the stock mesh switcher doesn't play nicely with them.
 - Disabled auto-caps on tanks, due to KSP bugs over several versions.
 - Changed ModularFuelTanks config to use consolidated wildcard patch.
 - Added some wildcards to TweakScale config.

1.17.1 (2018-04-02) - KSP 1.4 update.
 - Corrected a copy/paste mistake in color-changing config.

Great. Since you are looking at this, I believe the Verniers were not working at all in 1.3.1. I believe that's the only part that had an issue unrelated to visuals.

Error downloading this via CKAN, just a heads up:

Unhandled exception:
CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: C:\Users\florianb\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA773.tmp has length 26695303, should be 26695307
   bei CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<DownloadModules>b__3(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.triggerCompleted(Uri[] file_urls, String[] file_paths, Exception[] errors)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   bei System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() 

7 minutes ago, Blackline said:

Error downloading this via CKAN, just a heads up:

Unhandled exception:
CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: C:\Users\florianb\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA773.tmp has length 26695303, should be 26695307
   bei CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<DownloadModules>b__3(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.triggerCompleted(Uri[] file_urls, String[] file_paths, Exception[] errors)
   bei CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   bei System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() 

Probably because I deleted and reuploaded the file. I'll post another.

EDIT:

Man, it's just not my morning. :)  I accidentally posted it to Expanded on spacedock, and promptly deleted that, so I think we're OK. I have it re-uploaded as 1.17.2, but it's still the same thing internally.

Edited by NecroBones

Do you have plans to update the Interstage Plates to use the new system added in 1.4.X as its used in Making History Expansion? I mean, the Engine Plates of making history where you can change the number of nodes and lenght of the interstage, so an example of the system is in those parts. I think is called Module Dynamic Nodes and the Module Part Variants for the lenght.

Hi, I get this error ->  thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0 

Parts affected.

SpaceY-Lifters\Parts\RCS-OMS

SYoms1.cfg

SYoms2.cfg

In the config file, the ModuleEnginesFX is at the very bottom of the file. Right before it is.    

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSurfaceFX
        thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0  <--- This is incorrect for where to the engine is.
        fxMax = 0.1
        maxDistance = 5
        falloff = 1.8
        thrustTransformName = thrustTransform
    }

If I copy the ModuleEnginesFX module and paste it above the ModuleRCSFX module everything works fine as it is now in the thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0 spot.

You could alternatively change the thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0 to correlate to the proper moduleindex number of ModuleEnginesFX.

12 hours ago, Barar said:

Hi, I get this error ->  thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0 

OK cool. I have it fixed for the next update.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:20 AM, raptor_xxl said:

I want to report that the 7.5m tanks with RealFuel have way too small volumes

I don't think I have any realfuels specific rules in the configs, so it might need to go to them. I have some modular fuel tank rules, but they calculate the capacity by what's already in the tanks for the stock fuels.

• 2 weeks later...

Both the SpaceY Heavy Lifters 1.17.2   and the Modular Rocket Systems 1.13.2  seems to work OK with KSP 1.4.2,  I totally appreciate you developing this.

But CKAN gets confused easily and thinks they only work with KSP 1.4.1.

The SpaceY and Modular Rockets makes building large rockets much easier.

Edited by enewmen

I noticed that the combination of 9 engines (SpaceY M9) that were inspired by falcon 9 (and have 7 MN of thrust at sea level) are on a 5m diameter rocket, which makes building a falcon 9-like rocket (which is 3.7ish meter diameter) hard. This is because the thrust is not high enough for the amount of fuel and payload that you easily end up stacking on top will drop the thrust to weight ratio significantly below 1.5 (this starts to happen above 500.000kg). For a first stage engine (with a landing mode) that strikes me as a bit odd. Is this intended/known/recognized? Also how do you effectively use the single engine landing mode, what kind of vehicle is on top while landing?

Problem with V1 Vernier Thruster in 1.4.3. Shoots a long while plumb and seems to control backwards. I've had this same issue with some FASA thrusters doing this same thing in 1.4 on. Bummer cause I'm a  FASA guy but Luckily I still have 1.3.1 around when I want to play Apollo. Looks like some SpaceY parts are doing this same thing.

Edited by MikeO89

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.