[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

On 5/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, MikeO89 said:

Problem with V1 Vernier Thruster in 1.4.3. Shoots a long while plumb and seems to control backwards. I've had this same issue with some FASA thrusters doing this same thing in 1.4 on. Bummer cause I'm a  FASA guy but Luckily I still have 1.3.1 around when I want to play Apollo. Looks like some SpaceY parts are doing this same thing.

I believe that it was meant to be a light reuseable first stage for small payloads, as the single engine mode has good TWR for landing on kerbin.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Ok I realized that the engine can switch between 2 modes. 320 is available when only the central engine is used.

Is there an error in the ISP of the M9 Heavy Moa?

In the VAB, the right-click info says 260 (ASL) - 320 (Vac.)

But when I am at 200km altitude, (RSS + SMURFF + KSP 1.4.5), when I right click the engine, I see: Specific Impulse: 300.0s

D9HOaKR.png

0mdWtF6.png

Edited by MilkSage
SOLVED, my bad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

Either my cold has gotten the best of me or im missing something but is SpaceY and its expansion good with 1.5.1ksp? Its page only mentions 1.4.X Sorry if im asking a redundant question. 01:15:30

As far as I can tell, it's still fine in 1.5.1, but take a look above regarding a bug on SpaceY Expanded (unrelated to KSP version), and associated fix.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find the length of the shroud on the 3.75m- 2.5m thrust plate to be too long. I was thinking of make a MM patch to clone the part and make a new "short" version, like there is for the 2.5m-1.25m thrust plate.  Is there any reason this wouldn't work? 

Edit: I think I got it to work. This is the patch I used:

//add a short version of the 3.5-2.5m thrust plate from SpaceY

+PART[SYplate3m2mX1]:NEEDS[SpaceY-Lifters]:AFTER[SpaceY-Lifters]
{
@name = SYplate3m2mX1T

@MODEL
{
	@scale = 1.0, 0.5, 1.0
}

@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@node_stack_bottom1 = 0.0, -2.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

@title = SpaceY A3-2 Interstage Adapter (Short)
@description = (3.75m to 2.5m) Customize your engine clusters, in either an upper-stage (with fairing), or lower-stage configuration - Short. Suitable for Poodle, Mainsail, and Skipper.

@mass = 0.25
}

Edited by Nicias

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 2:59 AM, GRS said:

Hello ??? Is it usable for 1.7.x ???

Well, I installed it to 1.73 and it seems to work fine. You do have to exercise care when building really large and long boosters because they seem to flex at the joints and you get induced oscillation.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

I can't find this in ckan download list am i missing something?

Possibly because ckan filters based on game version, and this is three versions back. Would be nice if ckan had an advanced version filter that lets pure parts mods slip through while allowing more strict filtering for mods that hook into core functions.

6 hours ago, ExtremeSquared said:

Possibly because ckan filters based on game version, and this is three versions back. Would be nice if ckan had an advanced version filter that lets pure parts mods slip through while allowing more strict filtering for mods that hook into core functions.

Thank you

and I agree.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:57 AM, ansaman said:

Well, I installed it to 1.73 and it seems to work fine. You do have to exercise care when building really large and long boosters because they seem to flex at the joints and you get induced oscillation.

Just use Kerbal joint reinforcement mod.  

The only real problem is the insane drag that those big parts generate. So you got to chose a slow ascend profile and kinda noobish with going vertical first and then turn East once the most of the atmosphere is behind you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the engine adapter of Space Y. Don't have a picture yet but when I'm using them, they are not rigid at all. So my big rockets are always folding and collapsing.

It's a KSP 1.6 and I have the Space Y extended mod. Any idea why they fold?

On 9/15/2019 at 3:26 PM, Quoniam Kerman said:

Just use Kerbal joint reinforcement mod.  

The only real problem is the insane drag that those big parts generate. So you got to chose a slow ascend profile and kinda noobish with going vertical first and then turn East once the most of the atmosphere is behind you. 

Oh damn, sounds interesting, and maybe that will solve my problem :) thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.