[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

• 1 month later...

Hi. An user just report me a duplicate patch on the SpaceY-Lifters/Patches/SpaceY_TweakScale.cfg patch. A "rogue" wildcard is patching a part twice, with two completely different patches.

[LOG 13:07:36.605] Applying update SpaceY-Lifters/Patches/SpaceY_TweakScale/@PART[SYtank5m3mAdapter]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to SpaceY-Lifters/Parts/FuelTanks/tank5m3mAdapter.cfg/PART[SYtank5m3mAdapter]
[LOG 13:07:36.609] Applying update SpaceY-Lifters/Patches/SpaceY_TweakScale/@PART[SYtank5m*]:NEEDS[TweakScale] to SpaceY-Lifters/Parts/FuelTanks/tank5m3mAdapter.cfg/PART[SYtank5m3mAdapter]

What renders the ModuleManager.ConfigCache with this duplicated entry for TweakScale:

MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = adapter_4_3
                        defaultScale = 5.0
                }
                MODULE
                {
                        name = TweakScale
                        type = stack
                        defaultScale = 5.0
                }

I don't know what patch is the correct one, however. Apparently no harm is being done, but TweakScale "fix" for this problem induces am annoying warning from KSP every time the craft is being loaded.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 10:07 PM, Lisias said:

Hi. An user just report me a duplicate patch on the SpaceY-Lifters/Patches/SpaceY_TweakScale.cfg patch. A "rogue" wildcard is patching a part twice, with two completely different patches.

Here is the module configuration that is causing the problem:

@PART[SYtank5m3mAdapter]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // 5m-3.75m fueled adapter
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = adapter_4_3
		defaultScale = 5.0
	}
}
@PART[SYtank5m*]:NEEDS[TweakScale] // 5m short fuel tank
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 5.0
	}
}

SYtank5m* matches the following parts:

• SYtank5m3mAdapter
  • SYtank5mCone2
  • SYtank5mL0188
  • SYtank5mL0375
  • SYtank5mL0750
  • SYtank5mL1125
  • SYtank5mL1500

The easiest solution would then be to replace SYtank5m* with SYtank5mL*|tank5mCone2 to match everything but the adapter.

Edited by MadProgrammer

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Loads fine in KSP 1.8.1 except for just this

[WRN 13:22:40.372] Texture load error in 'SpaceY-Expanded\Parts\Engines\SYengine5mR5-Emissive.dds'

Anyone know what this alludes to? I'm not familiar with texture issues

If I remember the SpaceY engines correctly, the engine referred to is the 5-meter "multi-Ratite" cluster of 5 Ratite engines. This being an emissive texture sounds to me like it's about the "glow" effect on engine bells if they've run for a while.

No idea how to address the issue, though.

• 2 months later...

Houston, i've had a problem.

According to Spacedock this is compatible through 1.9, i run 1.8.1 and only the big 5m engine mount appears. 

Are there any dependencies I am overlooking? 

Thanks in advance.

Kindly disregarded this issue, i didn't install it properly. 

Edited by Ravenspetdragon
Fixed the problem.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Greyyy said:

My 5m fuel tanks are missing and after checking the files, possibly some of the adaptors? My ksp version is 1.9.1 and ive downloaded from spacedock. How do i fix this?

If you're in career / science mode, you need to unlock them. It used to be that you had to re-unlock after mod install even if the node was already unlocked, so check that anyway.

1 hour ago, ExtremeSquared said:

If you're in career / science mode, you need to unlock them. It used to be that you had to re-unlock after mod install even if the node was already unlocked, so check that anyway.

imma do dat. thanks!

8 hours ago, ExtremeSquared said:

If I recall correctly, some SpaceY parts interact quite strangely with the stock tech tree. You unlock the Quad Emu before the Emu, or something like that. Maybe that's the case for some of the fuel tanks as well.

• 1 month later...

I'm attempting to find the right forum for a SpaceY V1 Vernier Thruster issue.  I use them all the time, and the performance and visual effects are fantastic.  Unfortunately, the visual effect comes from the opposing thruster, not the one that is firing, which looks crazy, and over the top fantastic.  Is there a better forum?  I couldn't find another SpaceY forum on this site in about a minute of searching. If this is the right place, has anyone else had this issue?

Edited by darthgently

55 minutes ago, darthgently said:

I'm attempting to find the right forum for a SpaceY V1 Vernier Thruster issue.  I use them all the time, and the performance and visual effects are fantastic.  Unfortunately, the visual effect comes from the opposing thruster, not the one that is firing, which looks crazy, and over the top fantastic.  Is there a better forum?  I couldn't find another SpaceY forum on this site in about a minute of searching. If this is the right place, has anyone else had this issue?

I have a patch for that

It was posted earlier, I'll repost it here in a minute

Here it is:

@PART[SYvernier1]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleRCS] {}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		stagingEnabled = False
		thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
		thrusterPower = 100
		resourceName = LiquidFuel
		resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		runningEffectName = running
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			ratio = 1.1
		}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 260
			key = 1 180
			key = 9 0.001
		}
	}

EFFECTS
	{
		running
		{
			AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
			{
				channel = Ship
				transformName = RCSthruster
				clip = sound_rocket_mini
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 0.1 0.0
				volume = 0.5 0.025
				volume = 1.0 0.15
				pitch = 0.0 0.75
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}
			MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/Monoprop_small
				transformName = RCSthruster
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.1 0.0
				emission = 1.0 2.0
				speed = 0.0 0.8
				speed = 1.0 1.0
				localRotation = -90, 0, 0
			}
		}		
	}

}

Just put it into a cfg file anywhere inside the GameData and restart the game

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, strider3 said:

Just a general statement...and one question. I have the SpaceY-Lifters installed in KSP 1.7.3 and I have seen no real issues after 4 months.

Adding SpaceY-Expanded...what is the correct way to do this in my situation?

@strider3, I don't think there should be an issue, BUT if you want to be extra safe, 1. make a copy of your entire KSP folder, 2. add SpaceY-Expanded into the original, 3. test the game to see if there are any issues.  If there are, you can delete the original and move the copied  folder back to the original location.  If it works fine, just delete the copy.  But you can always keep a backup of your saves folder long-term on the small chance that there is an issue, but you did not come across it during your initial tests.

5 minutes ago, strider3 said:

@hemeac I should have been clearer. What I was meaning to ask...should I delete the "SpaceY-lifters" mod, when adding "SpaceY-extended"...or do both the "SpaceY-lifters" and "SpaceY-extended mods" "live" separately in the GameData folder?

@strider3, SpaceY Expanded requires the base SpaceY Lifters, so you will want both

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having quite a bit of crashes after installing this mod. My game was fine before but now its having problems on SOI changes. Not sure if its exactly this mod but I think I've had this problem before while it was installed.

Edited by reducing

• 1 month later...

After reinstalling this mod to test it, I occasionally get a CTD. I've played for 2 months straight without a single CTD or any issues with my game. 

It leaves no info in the log and it's a nasty crash that 100%s my system. No one else has this problem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.