[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

4 minutes ago, Allen_Zhang said:

something's wrong with the colour of some tanks

can you take a look at this and tell me how to solve it?

http://imgur.com/kUswRMm

kUswRMm

You probably just have a broken or outdated version of Interstellar Fuel Switch.

E: And welcome to the forums :D

Edited by blowfish

On 4/9/2016 at 7:42 AM, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

is it still backwards-supporting 1.0.5 ?

Mostly. I have the AVC version data set to ask for 1.1 because of the included copy of ModuleManager, and the updated landing leg. But if you use a 1.0.5 copy of MM, the latest SpaceY will still work in 1.0.5 for everything except that landing leg.

21 hours ago, brokenbow1 said:

It seems that whenever I use the Kiwi engine on one of my rockets, the game locks up on pressing launch.  Speed is set to 0000000.0 m/s, the sky typically turns orange-ish, and Kerbin... disappears.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Nope, haven't heard of that with SpaceY parts specifically. The "Kerbin Disappearing" bug is one of the 1.1 bugs they're working on, last I heard.

Updated:

1.12 (2016-04-10) - Tweaks.
 - Added 1.25m-0.625m interstage thrust plate to the TweakScale config, and default VAB custom tab.
 - Drastically reduced career prices for fuel tanks, to bring them into line with stock again.
 - Increased career prices for engines, to bring them into line with stock again.
 - Added a 2.5m thrust plate, with 1x 1.25m and 8x 0.625m nodes (half scale version of the 5m model).
 - Adjusted leg deployment animation to reduce the "foot teleportation" problem.
 - Increased damper ratio on the leg suspension.

23 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Mostly. I have the AVC version data set to ask for 1.1 because of the included copy of ModuleManager, and the updated landing leg. But if you use a 1.0.5 copy of MM, the latest SpaceY will still work in 1.0.5 for everything except that landing leg.

Nope, haven't heard of that with SpaceY parts specifically. The "Kerbin Disappearing" bug is one of the 1.1 bugs they're working on, last I heard.

OK, thanks - it's been off and on, and I can't submit it as an official bug report since I have mods installed.

On 10.4.2016 at 4:49 PM, NecroBones said:

Updated:

1.12 (2016-04-10) - Tweaks.
 - Added 1.25m-0.625m interstage thrust plate to the TweakScale config, and default VAB custom tab.
 - Drastically reduced career prices for fuel tanks, to bring them into line with stock again.
 - Increased career prices for engines, to bring them into line with stock again.
 - Added a 2.5m thrust plate, with 1x 1.25m and 8x 0.625m nodes (half scale version of the 5m model).
 - Adjusted leg deployment animation to reduce the "foot teleportation" problem.
 - Increased damper ratio on the leg suspension.

New prices look good. Only thing that stood out to me, the penguin still seems super cheap. Despite the larger diameter (which can be easily worked around), it's as strong as a skipper at the highest vac ISP in the game by a margin. OP engines aren't really an issue or anything, but 3.2k (skipper 5.3k) seems cheap. I think something around 7k would be more reasonable, maybe even a bit above?

6 hours ago, Temeter said:

New prices look good. Only thing that stood out to me, the penguin still seems super cheap. Despite the larger diameter (which can be easily worked around), it's as strong as a skipper at the highest vac ISP in the game by a margin. OP engines aren't really an issue or anything, but 3.2k (skipper 5.3k) seems cheap. I think something around 7k would be more reasonable, maybe even a bit above?

Yeah, it could probably go up a little bit. Most of the engines have prices and stats that are configured as multiples of existing engines. This one is more or less modeled after the Poodle, but since the ISP is quite a bit higher, I can probably tweak it a bit.

EDIT: I actually did have some pricing changes lined up to go along with the changes here in SpaceY-Lifters, but the "Expanded" price updates haven't been pushed out yet.

7 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Yeah, it could probably go up a little bit. Most of the engines have prices and stats that are configured as multiples of existing engines. This one is more or less modeled after the Poodle, but since the ISP is quite a bit higher, I can probably tweak it a bit.

I see, atm it feels more of a super skipper. Although the skipper is one of these versatile stock engines that aren't really either lower nor upper stage.

I'd say leaving the stats relatively high and making it a more expensive upper stage engine would enhance the stock game nicely. Basically as an upper stage equivalent of the vector. Found the engine to be quite usefull for bigger planetary stages where the poodle is too weak, and combines well with the raw, inefficient power of the moa or ratite engines.

Basically an alternative to the nuke, you could say.

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, awsumindyman said:

Hey, Necro, have you heard of blowfish's part switcher? I heard it does the samething as IFS, but is easier to set up and use .cfg-wise and is nicer to MM.

No, I hadn't heard of that one. I can look at it too. Rather than take out IFS, instead I'd look to see if I could set up the config to work with that too if firespitter and IFS aren't installed. But I don;t know what the configs look like yet, so I can't promise anything right now. :)

(I'm also "secretly" hoping we get a stock mesh switcher at some point, but not holding my breath)

19 minutes ago, StevieC said:

could you possibly add an option to allow TweakScale to shrink the 3.75m to 7x 1.25m (and its 5x1.25m version) to be 1.875m to 7x0.625m and 5x0.625m versions for those of us who use that size?

Right now the config just defines those adapters as being "adapter_3_1" (a 3:1 ratio adapter) for TweakScale. So basically, if TS adds support for those diameters, then these should just work. Otherwise, you could probably add it via a MM patch.

I'm hesitant to override the TS defaults directly, since it'll block other changes that TS makes from taking effect if SpaceY is installed.

48 minutes ago, StevieC said:

Hmm, just out of curiosity, would the mount-points fit for a 3.75m to 1x2.5m+12x0.625m thrust-plate?

They might. Diameter-wise, it sounds good. Tthat ring of 12 small mounts would probably at least be close.

Hey, i've got a bit of a weird issue with the paint jobs:

In my heavily modded install, i can't swich the Tank/SRB's paint anymore; instead all of the variants are shown at once (=z-fighting+decals of all variants). Kinda wondered if it's an incompatibility, so I tried a stock game with only SpaceY+Exp. Here, I couldn't switch paintjobs at all, but they also displayed only the white standard model.

EDIT: Nvm, found it out myself after checking the configs (finding firespitter reference~). Probably had an outdated file from an older release. RoverDude seems to have updated the dll's tho, I replaced the dll and it seems to work:

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter

Edited by Temeter

17 minutes ago, Temeter said:

EDIT: Nvm, found it out myself after checking the configs (finding firespitter reference~). Probably had an outdated file from an older release. RoverDude seems to have updated the dll's tho, I replaced the dll and it seems to work:

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter

Awesome, glad you got it sorted out. Yeah, if you're using 1.1, you need the latest Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch.

Thanks, after big updates it's always all about sorting out dependencies when using mods. Can't imagine how you guys even manage to keep track of all those updated dependencies while developing multiple mods. ^^'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.