[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

22 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Next update will have functional SAS and battery lights, via IndicatorLights:

KSP%202016-04-27%2018-11-01-92.jpg

KSP%202016-04-27%2018-12-06-21.jpg

KSP%202016-04-27%2014-25-37-53.jpg

Nice additions, can I make a request?

Could you backlight the letters or make the letters light up with the indicator?

1 hour ago, Donziboy2 said:

Nice additions, can I make a request?

Could you backlight the letters or make the letters light up with the indicator?

Huh, I'll have to think about it. I guess the lights are kinda hard to tell apart in the dark. If I were to backlight the labels, then I might as well consider making the entire light be the label, and make it bigger. Or I could backlight them with a neutral color. Or something. In either case, it would mean reworking the emissives and making new textures for that. So I'll have to think about it, and say "maybe" for now. :)

42 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Huh, I'll have to think about it. I guess the lights are kinda hard to tell apart in the dark. If I were to backlight the labels, then I might as well consider making the entire light be the label, and make it bigger. Or I could backlight them with a neutral color. Or something. In either case, it would mean reworking the emissives and making new textures for that. So I'll have to think about it, and say "maybe" for now. :)

Just a thought :wink: your doing the work after all.

3 hours ago, Donziboy2 said:

Actually it is a good idea. I thought about it a bit tonight. What I might do is make the labels light up (redesigning them to look more like lights themselves), and make it an animation that's controllable via right-click or action groups. The idea is that you can light it up, but don't have to. That should be doable. It just needs another set of tiny textures for the labels.

13 hours ago, Donziboy2 said:

Check it out.

The labels are lights now, which can be toggled via right-click or an action group. There's a "deploy limit" so you can set the brightness of them, if you want. In the screenshot below, the middle probe core has the brightness pulled back to about half.

KSP%202016-04-29%2009-32-59-03.jpg

9 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Check it out.

The labels are lights now, which can be toggled via right-click or an action group. There's a "deploy limit" so you can set the brightness of them, if you want. In the screenshot below, the middle probe core has the brightness pulled back to about half.

KSP%202016-04-29%2009-32-59-03.jpg

Very Nice!  I like it :D

8 hours ago, metteigel said:

Hey :).
So i downloaded the latest Version but i get massive Texture glitches. How can i fix this ?
Here is a Picture:

Greetings.

Make sure firespitter and IFS are updated, and if you use steam, make sure steam actually updated to 1.1.2 if you use steam.  Had that problem too, and was just able to solve it by doing that.

14 hours ago, metteigel said:

Hey :).
So i downloaded the latest Version but i get massive Texture glitches. How can i fix this ?
Here is a Picture:

Greetings.

13 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

For me this was introcuced in the very latest 1.1.2 patch some minutes ago

7 hours ago, krone12 said:

5 hours ago, Itsdavyjones said:

Make sure firespitter and IFS are updated, and if you use steam, make sure steam actually updated to 1.1.2 if you use steam.  Had that problem too, and was just able to solve it by doing that.

Also make sure you grab the latest version of ModuleManager, from today.

I got the most recent firespitter.dll by just downloading the most recent total firespitter package straight from GitHub. Still have no idea where to find it by website or download site, but it does say it's for 1.1.2 on GitHub.

Regardless, updating Firespitter, IFS, Tweakscale, and redownloading SpaceY which says it's for 1.1.2 now, even though the version didn't change, DID fix my problem. I doubt all that was necessary but that's what I tried and it works now. (My tanks were the wrong size, too, and now they're fine.)

Edited by Rhedd

Updated:

1.12.3 (2016-05-01) - Tweaks.
 - Updated Probe cores and reaction wheels to use IndicatorLights if available.
 - Probe cores now also have a toggle option for light-up labels that correspond to the indicator lights.
 - Corrected a missing texture placeholder for the 3.75m stack separator.

1.12.4 (2016-05-01) - Tweaks.
 - Corrected AVC version number. DOH!

6 hours ago, Cuky said:

@NecroBones If I want to use only SRBs and nose cones with separatron engines inside what can I delete to have them working correctly?

You can delete all of the folders under "Parts" except for the "SRBs" folder, since the SRBs don't borrow textures from other part types.

Updated:

1.12.5 (2016-05-08) - Tweaks.
 - Refined the primary launch clamp's internal layout, to use as a template for later projects.
 - Added basic thrust curves for SRBs. Flat profile, however thrust tapers off during last 5% of remaining propellant.

@Snark brought up a point elsewhere about the test-contracts in career mode being a little crazy in terms of making huge sums of money available. I don't see a direct multiplier in the configs for this, but I think the reward is based on the value of the part. Something I could do is limit the ease of the contracts though, perhaps by removing the option for ground-testing. If everything has to be tested at altitude, or in space, that would certainly change things.

Thoughts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.