[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Anyone tried this in 1.12.2 yet?

Somewhat. I'm on a Career mode playthrough and haven't reached the endgame rocket parts yet, but those I've used so far seem to work well.

EDIT: This was my thousandth post, huh? Milestone achieved, I suppose.

Edited by Codraroll

It's funny that @NecroBones hasn't done a major update (or even a mior one to this mod, since 1.4.x and I've hardly seen him comment about any plans for updating this to our final release (1.12.2), and in fact I was wondering if anyone has tried to contact him in order to extend the "Shelf life' of this mode and the Spacey Heavy Lifter add-on. I mean it's kind of odd to have a mod last for so long, nad not needing an update due to some update of KSP "Breaking" the mod" so to speak. So has anyone tried to talk to him in order to extend the "Shelf" life of the SpaceY series? Anyone?

Space_Coyote

5 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

It's funny that @NecroBones hasn't done a major update (or even a mior one to this mod, since 1.4.x and I've hardly seen him comment about any plans for updating this to our final release (1.12.2), and in fact I was wondering if anyone has tried to contact him in order to extend the "Shelf life' of this mode and the Spacey Heavy Lifter add-on. I mean it's kind of odd to have a mod last for so long, nad not needing an update due to some update of KSP "Breaking" the mod" so to speak. So has anyone tried to talk to him in order to extend the "Shelf" life of the SpaceY series? Anyone?

Space_Coyote

I guess that the fundamental way rocket engines and fuel tanks work in the game haven't changed in forever, so the old code still works. It is kinda strange indeed, but also a testament to how robust the mod is.

7 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

Space_Coyote

1 hour ago, Codraroll said:

I guess that the fundamental way rocket engines and fuel tanks work in the game haven't changed in forever, so the old code still works. It is kinda strange indeed, but also a testament to how robust the mod is.

@NecroBoneshasnt been on the forums for 3 years, seems like he left KSP.

There is at least one patch needed, which I posted in the thread a while ago, fixes the vernier.

‘Just an FYI, I’m using this in my 1.12.2 career, works fine

On 9/11/2021 at 7:38 PM, Brainpop14 said:

Anyone tried this in 1.12.2 yet?

Yes

1 hour ago, Codraroll said:

Yeah. It has been a must-have on my mods list since forever and it never caused me problems. In  I set my CKAN compatibility to very old versions of KSP because of it and some other usual suspects. But indeed as someone else said above, stock KSP changed a lot of things over the years but tanks + engines seems to have waltzed through that with unscratched. 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Yeah. It has been a must-have on my mods list since forever and it never caused me problems. In  I set my CKAN compatibility to very old versions of KSP because of it and some other usual suspects. But indeed as someone else said above, stock KSP changed a lot of things over the years but tanks + engines seems to have waltzed through that with unscratched. 

I tend to agree wit the observation given and in fact it would be back to lose a lot of "Probe Cores" of different sizes  from 3.5 to 7.5 meters wide (I use a 3.5 one to do a controlled re-entry of the 2nd stage of an old rocket I still am upgrading constantly , so losing those cores because of the fact that someone just left, would be a real heart break.. which then brings up an intersting question for the upcoming KSP 2 and the modding community. And that is of ocurse, are some of these modders going to continue or give up and let their mods die? There's plenty of good mods out there, the only issue is that some go back as far as 1.3.x and some could be re-instated. But I guess to each modder his own. that's what makes KSP great.. the ability to go in and improve on a product.. and in the case of SpaceY Lifters and it's add-on, it is worth the effort.

Space_Coyote

10 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

And that is of ocurse, are some of these modders going to continue or give up and let their mods die?

My hope is that 1.12 will be the last major release of KSP (as promised), and consequently the great mods will finally have a chance to catch up with what has been a moving target, so bug fixes and enhancements will be practical for modders. Modded KSP is a great game, and I don't see it becoming any less great regardless of what happens or doesn't happen with KSP 2.

Edited by jefferyharrell