Vaporo's Blue Galaxy Skybox.

Vaporo

This is a skybox for use with the Texture Replacer mod.

Some screenshots:

Also included is an Env Map for anyone who wants the skybox reflected in Kerbals' helmets.

Downloads:

Curse: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/vaporos-blue-galaxy-skybox

Spacedock: http://spacedock.info/mod/347/Vaporo's Blue Galaxy Skybox

Installation instructions:

0. Install Texture Replacer

1. Delete any other skyboxes you have installed.

2. Delete the files in the Texture Replacer/EnvMap folder (If you want the reflections on Kerbals' helmets. The ENV maps are not necessary in newer versions of Texture Replacer).

3. Copy the desired files into your GameData folder.

88x31.pngThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Made using SpaceEngine.

Edited by Vaporo
Fixing links due to Kerbalstuff being shut down

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just remembered that I made this, so I went ahead and updated everything to .dds. Should load faster, now. I'll also add a non-ddsified download, in case somebody wants that.

EDIT: I removed the PNG download.

Edited by Vaporo

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, politas said:

Hi there @Vaporo, you've chosen on Kerbal Stuff to have your mod added to CKAN, but your mod's installation instructions involve deleting files that don't belong to your mod, and CKAN by policy will not do that.

Well, a CKAN version doesn't actually exist. I was going to create one when I uploaded it to Kerbalstuff, but I was lazy and never bothered. I can't seem to remove the CKAN indicator from Kerbalstuff, so for now I'll just put a note on the description that there is actually no CKAN. I might go ahead and create it, if I get some free time.

Edited by Vaporo

2 hours ago, Vaporo said:

Well, a CKAN version doesn't actually exist. I was going to create one when I uploaded it to Kerbalstuff, but I was lazy and never bothered. I can't seem to remove the CKAN indicator from Kerbalstuff, so for now I'll just put a note on the description that there is actually no CKAN. I might go ahead and create it, if I get some free time.

Sorry, I was a bit hasty. I thought TextureReplacer came with a skybox, but since it doesn't your mod should be fine. I might have to make two CKAN entries, one with the skybox EnvMap and one allowing reflections.

46 minutes ago, politas said:

Sorry, I was a bit hasty. I thought TextureReplacer came with a skybox, but since it doesn't your mod should be fine. I might have to make two CKAN entries, one with the skybox EnvMap and one allowing reflections.

Texture Replacer doesn't actually use the ENV maps anymore, except maybe as a legacy/performance feature. They're only still in the download because having them doesn't hurt anything. I've updated the installation instructions to make that clear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.